Her name is Ugly

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 6

The rain drizzles down her windshield. David squints through the wipers and the streaming water to find the stop sign that she knew was coming and the turn she always misses, no matter the weather.

Woman woke her up this morning.

She told her that Declan and his mom were coming over.

Why? David doesn’t have a clue.

All she knew was that at the mere mention of

Declan she had to get out of the house, get out of her room, get away from the desk where her slow beating heart rammed acutely.

She couldn’t face the pity look that she knew was expected from Declan or the questions he would bombard her with as if he needed to know her life story.

David was attacked, she was scarred, she’s not pretty anymore.

End of story.

“Dammit!” she yells, slamming the heel of her hand against the steering wheel, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment. “Missed the damn turn,” she murmurs, sniffing a bit.

She wipes the tears from the right side of her face.

David let’s the tears fall on the left.

Somehow the car finds its way home, David hesitantly taking out the keys from the ignition and opening the door as if the rain would melt her.

Well, for everyone’s sakes, she kinda hoped it would.

David stood outside the open car door, letting the rain run over her scar like sunlight on a dying plant. She liked the rain; it washed everything away like the memories and the nightmares.

But she also hated the rain.

She hated it because it couldn’t wash away the pain, the suffering or the scar.

Rain can’t make Ugly Beautiful.

She hears her name being called, but she doesn’t listen.

She hears their footsteps approach, but she doesn’t turn.

She feels them turn her body to their chest, pushing her head into their shoulder.

Then, and only then, does she allow herself to cry.

“Shhhhh, David, it’s okay.” Delcan whispers in her ear, making shivers run down the entire length of her body.

“Are you cold?” he asks, pushing her hair behind her ear.

“N-no,” she stutters, “just… just stay here… w-with me.”

She feels him nod his head, obviously not completely baffled by the request.

It’s some time before she finally pulls back from his chest, her eyes shut and swollen, undoubtedly red and dry. Declan watches her pull from his grasp, fighting the urge to pull her back again.

The scar squashes his urges, his wants and his thoughts about the girl standing in front of me, her green eyes hidden by dark lashes and salty tears coating her eyelids. It reminds of him of her past; the corruption that pushed past the point of no return.

Past a point where he can’t fix what has been broken.

“You’re only human, David.” He whispers at her, hoping that the rain might drown out his words into a silent storm.

David doesn’t say anything, begging him to realize that he shouldn’t be getting close, that he shouldn’t be saying shit like that.

She plays his words like he doesn’t say anything, like their caught in the wind of her own emotions and the rain.

Taking a step backwards, David finds herself walking into the house, Woman waiting by the staircase.

Declan walks in behind her, his converses squeaking on the marble floor.

David doesn’t take her shoes off, letting the her own squeaking and Declan’s drown out the noise of her thoughts, drown out the feelings that she doesn’t want to think about.

Trotting up stairs, Declan watches the girl he held in the rain solemnly avoid every last emotion coursing through her veins like oil and fire.

He turns to his mom and Mrs. Montgomery, a smile plastered on his face. “Are we ready to eat?”

This book has 24 comments. Post your own now!

deatheater1201This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 25 at 11:51 pm
OMFG I LOVE THIS BOOK YOU HAD ME AT THE FIRST  COUPLE SENTENCES AND THEN AT PAGE 6 OF 7 YOU PUT CONVERSE INTO THE STORY IM HOOKED ON YOUR RIGHTING AND WE SHOULD DO A BOOK TOGETHER SOME TIME MABYE?

Nyoman said...
I miss Jack

SmileyFace3356 said...
This is AMAZING!!!!!!  I absolutely loved it.  Write more!!!!!

Dalia... said...
OMG this is sooooooo good please write more of this book!!!!!!!

fluffy_504 said...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 2:31 am
Wow. There are lots of words i can say about this book. But WOW is what it comes down to. It would be awsome if you wrote more for the story to continue.

BlazeRayn said...
Wow. Just, wow. I started the story thinking i wouldnt really like it and it would just pass the time, but by the time i reached the end i was like, Thats all i get?? I NEED MORE! Keep writing, PLEASE!

yourlove-mywings said...
this was really good. it was kind of confusing in the beginning, but over all it was really good. i can feel what david felt. being looked at oddly because of the scar, but she knows what she was like before... i liked it a lot. well done... :D

Maddyw5 said...
This story is absolutely captivating.  I can feel Daniel's pain, and I can picture what she has gone though.  Great job!  I would really love to read what happens next

Nani22 said...
I really enjoy your story-line. I want to know more and you do a fantastic job of showing your character's emotions. I want to know more about his Jack character and also Declan. Please write more!

nanamay said...
i love the story write more!!!!!!! who dose she stay with? never mind. its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommieyboy said...
Loving the storyline. I can realy feel her pain.

HeLLo2u2 said...
The way you write is amaazing i would realy think of geting thin published when its done!!! FIVE STARS ;)

SilverLuna said...
I found this extremely well written and truly enjoyed the characters and story line. The page format (huge spaces between lines) did get tiring after awhile, but that can be easily fixed and might just be because of the writing software you use on your computer. I really, really, really want to get the end of this...the conclusion, all of it. So PLEASE you must spare us the agony of waiting write more(: Thanks for posting it so we could all read it! It's great!

RRRRR replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:19 am
Thanks! I am at a writer's block at the moment, but I will get through it! As for the huge spaces I would rather have those than no space at all, ya know? Thanks for Commenting!

Naesmarts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:34 am
you have to keep writing! this is brilliant!

impossibletolove said...
i freaking love this story!!!! <3 keep writing!!!

RRRRR replied...
thanks a ton!

. replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:09 am
you're extremely welcome!!!

anim3gurl said...
wow this is great... You should write more... i luv all your other stories too

RRRRR replied...
Thanks so much!