Her name is Ugly

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 4

She awoke in a hospital room. Tubes running every which way out of her veins, monitors hooked to heart and the ever-present beep that now made sure her heart was still, in fact, pumping.

A young man stood in the corner of her room, whistling to himself as if he were in a candy store rather than the hospital.

Her head pounded like a three-day hangover. “Shut up,” she snarled at him, massaging her temple.

He turned around, his eyes wide as they immediately started to trace the scar.

“Stop staring. It’s rude.”

A smirk played over his lips, lighting his face up like an angel. “You’re rude.”

She tried to hide the smile that was forcing its way to her lips, but she ignored the feeling of tender happiness as she, herself, traced the tubes veining from her arms.

“My name’s Declan by the way.” He paused. “I’m the one who found you.”

Smiling, David looks at her new friend. Not for long, she thinks. “Found me what?”

His smirk falters, he starts to wring his hands together. “Uh.. um-“ he pauses, taking a deep breath. “Killing yourself.”

A laugh comes out faster than she can stop it, “no s***, Declan.”

He awkwardly stands beside her bed, tugging at his hands.

“Declan,” she says quietly, “I’m only human.”

He just shrugs his shoulders and turning on his heel, he leaves.

The door closes silently behind him, leaving a trail of questions behind, but before she has time to answer any of them, Woman walks through the swinging door.

“David! You’re awake! Oh,” her face crumples, her composure weakens. “Y-you…I-I… I almost lost you!” she blurts finally, tears falling from her cheeks in a steady downpour.

You would think David would cry along with her mother, the petite woman that raised her, but, no, David sits silently, regarding her mother with acute awareness as she tries to lull herself back to sleep.

~~ (Dream)

She’s running now. Running in the same alleyway that took away Beautiful, that took away the only humanity that kept her afloat in the family that she seemed to drown in.

In a world that seemed to suffocate her.

The man trails begrudgingly behind, the knife dangling in his hand by the tips of his fingers. His words slur as he calls out to her, “Davidd…comee… heree…”

Her heartbeat doesn’t stop pounding as her heavy breaths fill her ears, blocking out the approaching sirens and the heavy trudge of footsteps.

The man keeps talking but he doesn’t once falter, even as the alcohol he had drank enters his bloodstream.

The man appears in front of David, moving faster than he had before.

Her run slows, her breaths become tortured, her movements stiff with each passing turn.

Before long, David is on the ground, weeping as her body gives out.

The man sits on top of her, digging the knife in on the other side of her face, digging it deeper than the other side.

She doesn’t feel the pain, but instead feels the steady raindrops that wash away the blood. The dank concrete that sticks to her clothes and the small pebbles pushing into her back, piercing her skin like the knife the man holds in his hand.

“Don’t move,” he whispers, carving her face into an asymmetrical Ugly.

“I won’t,” David whispers back, right before grabbing the knife from the man.

And plunging it into her own throat.

~

The nurse heard the girl startle awake, the terrified scream bursting from her room and echoeing down the halls like an asylum.

Brushing her hands off from the sandwich that lay half-eaten in front of her, she scurries down to her patients room.

Not knocking before entering, she takes a step into the room.

Only to find her patient on the ground, weeping into her hands, her scar glinting in the moonlight streaming through the window.

Nyoman said...
I miss Jack

SmileyFace3356 said...
This is AMAZING!!!!!!  I absolutely loved it.  Write more!!!!!

Dalia... said...
OMG this is sooooooo good please write more of this book!!!!!!!

fluffy_504This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 2:31 am:
Wow. There are lots of words i can say about this book. But WOW is what it comes down to. It would be awsome if you wrote more for the story to continue.

BlazeRayn said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:07 pm:
Wow. Just, wow. I started the story thinking i wouldnt really like it and it would just pass the time, but by the time i reached the end i was like, Thats all i get?? I NEED MORE! Keep writing, PLEASE!

yourlove-mywings said...
May 21, 2013 at 12:36 pm:
this was really good. it was kind of confusing in the beginning, but over all it was really good. i can feel what david felt. being looked at oddly because of the scar, but she knows what she was like before... i liked it a lot. well done... :D

Maddyw5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2013 at 6:29 pm:
This story is absolutely captivating.  I can feel Daniel's pain, and I can picture what she has gone though.  Great job!  I would really love to read what happens next

Nani22 said...
Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:25 pm:
I really enjoy your story-line. I want to know more and you do a fantastic job of showing your character's emotions. I want to know more about his Jack character and also Declan. Please write more!

nanamay said...
Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm:
i love the story write more!!!!!!! who dose she stay with? never mind. its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommieyboy said...
Loving the storyline. I can realy feel her pain.

HeLLo2u2 said...
The way you write is amaazing i would realy think of geting thin published when its done!!! FIVE STARS ;)

SilverLuna said...
I found this extremely well written and truly enjoyed the characters and story line. The page format (huge spaces between lines) did get tiring after awhile, but that can be easily fixed and might just be because of the writing software you use on your computer. I really, really, really want to get the end of this...the conclusion, all of it. So PLEASE you must spare us the agony of waiting write more(: Thanks for posting it so we could all read it! It's great!

RRRRR replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:19 am :
Thanks! I am at a writer's block at the moment, but I will get through it! As for the huge spaces I would rather have those than no space at all, ya know? Thanks for Commenting!

Naesmarts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:34 am :
you have to keep writing! this is brilliant!

impossibletolove said...
i freaking love this story!!!! <3 keep writing!!!

RRRRR replied...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm :
thanks a ton!

. replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:09 am :
you're extremely welcome!!!

anim3gurl said...
wow this is great... You should write more... i luv all your other stories too

RRRRR replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm :
Thanks so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
this is amazing! so great plz plz plz continue! don't rush or anything - just make it as perfect as the first 4 chapters! :)