A High School Love Story

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »

Act II Scene IV- “Are You Crazy!” -Diana’s house

(2 hours after school ended, Diana and Alicia are home, and Sebastian has come to talk to Alicia.)

(Sebastian knocks on the door. Diana answers the door.)

Sebastian- Hey beautiful.

Diana- What are you doing here?! If my mom sees you we’ll both be dead!

Sebastian- Relax. (Kisses Diana) I’m gonna talk to Alicia.

Diana- Alright. I’ll call her. Come in and sit down in the living room. She’ll be here right now.

Sebastian- Got it.

(Sebastian sits on a couch. Diana exits offstage. 2 minutes pass and Alicia comes into the living room.)

Alicia- What do you want?

Sebastian- To talk.

Alicia- Go talk to your girlfriend.

Sebastian- Speaking of Diana, why are you ticked about the whole step-sister thing?

Alicia- As if it mattered to you.

Sebastian- Well I’m here and I’m asking for the answer so yeah I think it does matter to me.

Alicia- Whatever.

Sebastian- I get it now. You don’t like that I’m with your step-sister.

Alicia- Hey you actually do have a brain.

Sebastian- Because you like me.

Alicia- Get out!

Sebastian- Don’t be mad. You have Riley.

Alicia- I don’t care about Riley. I care about you.

(Alicia grabs Sebastian and kisses him. Sebastian pushes her away.)

Sebastian- Are you crazy?! I’m going out with Diana! And you are going out with Riley!

Alicia- That doesn’t matter! No matter what happens you WILL be my boyfriend, not Diana’s!

(Diana walks into the living room. Diana holds up Emily’s cellphone and pushes a button that plays a recording of Alicia’s voice.)

Recording of Alicia: Cheerleaders- make sure my mom and dad sit in the front of the bleachers on the left. Football players- make sure Diana and Sebastian in the front of the bleachers of the right. Soccer players- you have the most important job of all. After my Mom and Dad find out, they’ll take them outside and yell at Diana and Sebastian. You guys are gonna video tape all of it and make sure the whole school sees it the next day. Got that?

(Diana pushes a button to stop the recording.)

Diana- I know everything now Alicia.

Alicia- And? What are you going to do? Tell Mom and Dad? Go for it.

Sebastian- Don’t worry. (Gets up and walks next to Diana and holds her hand.) You can’t separate us. We love each other too much.

Alicia- Mark my words Sebastian. You will be mine. It’s just a matter of time.

(Alicia exits offstage.)

Diana- We can’t let her separate us.

Sebastian- Mmm. How do you feel about getting away from her for a week?

Diana- What do you mean?

Sebastian- Just go get your stuff. I’ll go get my car.

Diana- You sure?

Sebastian- Yeah go get a week’s worth of clothes and whatever else you need for staying out of this place for a while.

Diana- Okay. I won’t take long alright?

Sebastian- I’ll be back in 5 minutes.

(Sebastian kisses Diana and exits offstage. Diana walks upstairs to her room. While she starts packing her clothes, Alicia stands in the doorway.)

Alicia- You can’t leave. Mom and Dad will be angry when you get back. And besides, (Alicia goes into the room and closes the door.) I won’t let you.

Diana- You can’t stop me Alicia.

Alicia- You have no idea how long I waited for the day that Mom and Dad weren’t home so I could put you into a coma.

Diana- Bring it on sister!

(Alicia and Diana start fighting for a couple of minutes. Sebastian bursts through the door and sees them fighting. He quickly grabs Alicia and throws her to the bed. Alicia hits her head on the wall and gets knocked out.)

Sebastian- You’re bleeding.

Diana- I’m okay don’t worry. (Diana gets up then falls) Ow!

Sebastian- She hurt your leg really badly. Not bad enough to break it though. You can’t walk like that.

Diana- I can. Watch me.

Sebastian- Nope. (Sebastian lifts up Diana and carries her down stairs to his car.)

Diana- You never told me you were so strong.

Sebastian- (Chuckles) You never asked. Let me put you down for a second to open the door. (Sebastian puts Diana down, opens the passenger side door, lifts up Diana, and puts her in the car.) I’ll go get the rest of your things.

Diana- (Closes the car door.) Okay.

(Sebastian goes back inside and goes upstairs to Diana’s room. He packs the rest of her things and sees that Alicia is waking up. Sebastian quickly carries everything downstairs, put everything in the trunk of his car, closes the trunk door, and gets in the driver seat.)

Diana- Where are we going?

Sebastian- (Kisses Diana) You’ll see.

(Fade Out)

~End Of Act II~

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30 at 12:21 pm:
Just to let you know, I write my comments live because you can get a better feel of what's going through my head. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes for a really long comment. Like really long. So I apologize in advance. First chap. is really good. You've already got me wanting to read more. It's adorable and totally realistic how awkward Seb and Diana are, but I don't feel like two guys would set up their friend on a date like that. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know; I'm a girl. Dang, that kiss cam... (more »)

greatwriter said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 am:
I both like your story and don't like it. I like the pace and the way it's written but you might want to try to focus your future pieces on feelings. Like for Romeo and Juliet how Shakespeare captured their passion and undying love (I'm not saying it should be just like it but it does seem to skip over the deep feelings and jump straight into jalousy)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
Can you read some of my peoms please and tell me what you think. :)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
I really love your book it is very good and a loving peace. I think you should publlish some day and make a lot of money for that. Becasue I know I want to bye it. :)