A High School Love Story

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »

Act II Scene II- “Public Humiliation”- Soccer Field Outside The School

(Alicia, Chloe, Riley, and the cheerleaders arrive at the soccer field. The football and soccer team are waiting for them.)

Alicia- Ok everyone’s here.

Cheerleader #2- So how we gonna break them up?

Alicia- You all know how there is a big opening assembly next week right?

Cheerleader #3- Public humiliation! Nice!

Football Player #1- Let the girl talk would you?

Alicia- Thank you. Now let me explain. I’m doing the welcome speech for the students. Wouldn’t hurt to let everyone know about their relationship right?

Chloe- But aren’t the parents going to be there too?

Alicia- Exactly. My mom doesn’t want Diana to have a boyfriend until she’s 16.

Football Player #2- Mom finds out, everything’s down hill for Diana and Sebastian’s relationship.

Cheerleader #4- Ok but what are the rest of us going to do?

Alicia- Simple. Cheerleaders- make sure my mom and dad sit in the front of the bleachers on the left. Football players- make sure Diana and Sebastian in the front of the bleachers of the right. Soccer players- you have the most important job of all. After my Mom and Dad find out, they’ll take them outside and yell at Diana and Sebastian. You guys are gonna video tape all of it and make sure the whole school sees it the next day. Got that?

Riley- What about me and Chloe?

Chloe- I don’t feel comfortable with all this.

Alicia- Do I have to talk to you again?

Chloe- No ‘cause I’m out. Bye!

(Chloe exits offstage)

Alicia- Wait for it... Ok you 2- (points at 2 of the football players)- you look strong enough. Bring her back to me.

(The 2 football players exit offstage)

Alicia- Everyone’s clear on the plan?

Everyone- Yeah.

Alicia- Alright then. Go get ready.

(Everyone except Alicia exits offstage. The 2 football players return, dragging Chloe.)

Alicia- As for you, you know too much already.

Chloe- So do Emily and Xavier.

Alicia- What are you talking about?

Chloe- I turned your phone on and called them so that they could hear everything you said. They heard it all. And soon, Diana and Sebastian will know too.

Alicia- (Pushes a button on her phone to turn it off) You 2! Make sure she doesn’t get anywhere near this school ever again!

(Everyone exits offstage.)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30 at 12:21 pm:
Just to let you know, I write my comments live because you can get a better feel of what's going through my head. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes for a really long comment. Like really long. So I apologize in advance. First chap. is really good. You've already got me wanting to read more. It's adorable and totally realistic how awkward Seb and Diana are, but I don't feel like two guys would set up their friend on a date like that. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know; I'm a girl. Dang, that kiss cam... (more »)

greatwriter said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 am:
I both like your story and don't like it. I like the pace and the way it's written but you might want to try to focus your future pieces on feelings. Like for Romeo and Juliet how Shakespeare captured their passion and undying love (I'm not saying it should be just like it but it does seem to skip over the deep feelings and jump straight into jalousy)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
Can you read some of my peoms please and tell me what you think. :)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
I really love your book it is very good and a loving peace. I think you should publlish some day and make a lot of money for that. Becasue I know I want to bye it. :)