A High School Love Story

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »

Act I Scene IV- “That’s Exactly What I Mean”- The Park

(Alicia is sitting by the fountain of the park. Chloe comes in running and sits next to Alicia. Emily hides behind a bush that is close by and overhears their conversation.)

Alicia- What took you so long?

Chloe- Why do you want to break up Diana and Sebastian? This morning you told Diana to go become friends with Sebastian now you don’t want them to talk to each other at all?

Alicia- I thought that if Diana became friends with Sebastian me and him would become friends too. I told her to do that so that he could like ME, not Diana.

Chloe- Girl, he likes Diana, your sister. Okay, just find another guy. There’s plenty of them out there.

Alicia- STEP-sister and that’s exactly what I mean. There’s so many out there, so Diana better get another one or else.

Chloe- Or else what? Wait- I don’t want to know, and I ain’t going to let you break them apart.

Alicia- You really think YOU can stop me? Look, if you even think about going against me at all, I swear, I ain’t going down alone. Got that?

Chloe- Fine.

Alicia- Don’t worry. You won’t be the only one helping me. I’ll get more people to help us. Two for now, but then more and more. I don’t care if I have to get the whole school to do this with me. No matter what, I won’t let them be together.

(Alicia and Chloe exit offstage in separate ways. Emily texts Diana but the text can’t be sent. She decides to wait until tomorrow. Emily runs offstage.)

Act I Scene V- “Would You Rather…” On The Way To Riley’s House
(Alicia walks to Riley’s house. Alicia waits by a bush on the way to Riley’s house until Riley and Xavier walk by. When they pass by, Alicia pulls Riley behind the bush to talk to him. Xavier continues to walk, not realizing that Riley isn’t next to him.)

Riley- Hey what the- oh… hey Alicia. How come you left earl-

Alicia- I have a proposition for you.

Riley- Umm…What kind of proposition?

Alicia- I know how none of us cheerleaders want to go out with you right.

Riley- Thanks for rubbing it in.

Alicia- Wait. What if I could get a cheerleader to be your girlfriend?

Riley- I’m listening.

Alicia- If you help me with one little thing, I’ll go out with you.

Riley- Whoa what?

Alicia- Yeah, you heard me. Would you rather waste your time trying to get the cheerleaders or would you rather do one small thing and have the cheer captain be your girlfriend?

Riley- What do I have to do?

Alicia- Just help me break Diana and Sebastian and you’ll be my boyfriend.
Riley- Well I don’t know. I mean it’s a pretty good deal but Sebastian is my friend and he’s finally happy and I-

(Alicia puts her arms around Riley and kisses him.)

Alicia- So yes or no?

Riley- Yes! Definitely yes!

Alicia- Okay. I’ll text you later. And one more thing, let’s just keep this our little secret alright?

Riley- Sure, whatever you want.

Alicia- Okay, bye new boyfriend.

(Alicia walks offstage.)

Riley- Wow… I have a cheerleader girlfriend! Man I can’t wait ‘til I tell Xavier! He’s gonna be SO jealous!

(Riley runs offstage.)

~End Of Act I~

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30 at 12:21 pm:
Just to let you know, I write my comments live because you can get a better feel of what's going through my head. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes for a really long comment. Like really long. So I apologize in advance. First chap. is really good. You've already got me wanting to read more. It's adorable and totally realistic how awkward Seb and Diana are, but I don't feel like two guys would set up their friend on a date like that. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know; I'm a girl. Dang, that kiss cam... (more »)

greatwriter said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 am:
I both like your story and don't like it. I like the pace and the way it's written but you might want to try to focus your future pieces on feelings. Like for Romeo and Juliet how Shakespeare captured their passion and undying love (I'm not saying it should be just like it but it does seem to skip over the deep feelings and jump straight into jalousy)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
Can you read some of my peoms please and tell me what you think. :)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
I really love your book it is very good and a loving peace. I think you should publlish some day and make a lot of money for that. Becasue I know I want to bye it. :)