A High School Love Story

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next »

Act I Scene II- “Help With What?”- Cafeteria Lunchroom

(4 class periods passed, and now Sebastian, Riley, and Xavier get their lunch and sit down at a table. Riley and Xavier talk about the cheerleaders as Sebastian scans the lunchroom, searching for Diana.)

Riley- Diana’s over there Sebastian. Want me to call her over here?

Sebastian- What are you talking about Riley?

Xavier- You know exactly what he’s talking about. You like Diana. I can tell. Riley knows so too. And dude, I think she likes you too.

Sebastian- Still don’t get what you’re talking about.

Riley- The teacher didn’t tell Diana to go get you. She was talking to her friends about how cute she thinks you are and her friends convinced her to go talk to you. She likes you, and you like her.

Xavier- I heard she’s in the Honor Roll, and is one of the most well behaved students. See Sebastian? Beautiful AND smart- Exactly what you wanted.

Sebastian- Well let me get to know her first.

Riley- Okay if that’s what you want. (Riley turns around) DIANA! ( 3 tables away, Diana turns around) Come here! ( Diana turns around to her friends and they all giggle then Diana walks over with her food and sits down next to Sebastian. Sebastian becomes nervous.)

Diana- Yeah? What’s up… umm…

Riley- Name’s Riley, and that’s Xavier and that’s-

Diana- Sebastian.

Riley- How’d you know his name?

Diana- (Hesitates a little then answers) I just know. I mean- so far I’ve had him for all my morning classes.

Sebastian- Oh, sorry for not noticing.

Riley- So anyways… Diana I called you over because Sebastian here needs some help.

(Sebastian gets a confused look on his face.)

Diana- Help with what?

Riley- See, he’s never had a girlfriend before and he’s really upset about that and me and Xavier think you are the perfect person for him to talk to about that.

Xavier- So we’ll leave you two to talk about that because we need to go look at those smoking hot cheerleaders. Bye!

(Riley and Xavier exit offstage. Diana and Sebastian enter an awkward moment then Diana hesitates a little and begins to talk to Sebastian.)

Diana- So… you’ve never had a girlfriend?

Sebastian- (Sebastian starts picking at his food) Unfortunately, no.

Diana- (Diana begins to pick at her food as well) Oh, I’m sorry. I know how you feel. I’ve never had a boyfriend.

Sebastian- Really?

Diana- Yeah… I just haven’t found a guy who’s right for me. Most guys just go for the hot girls, but I want a guy who cares about how I feel and what’s on my mind and loves me for what’s outside AND inside- you know what I mean?

Sebastian- Trust me, I know EXACTLY what you mean, because…

Diana- Because? ( Diana accidentally drops her fork)

Sebastian- I’ll get that for you.

Diana- No, I’ll get it.

(Both Diana and Sebastian get down to get the fork. Their hands touch when they get to the fork. They blush and look at each other for a moment, then Sebastian gets closer and kisses Diana. They kiss for about a second, then stop and look at each other again and smile. Diana blushes then turns back to Sebastian as he tries to kiss her again, but the bell rings and they get up from under the table.)

Sebastian- (Regains focus) Oh, umm… here’s your fork.

Diana- (Still a little unfocused) Oh… thank you. (Blushes and smiles) So… Drama next period?

Sebastian- Yeah… Wanna walk to class together?

Diana- Yes! Oh umm… I mean… sure.

(Sebastian gets both their plates and throws them away then comes back. He hesitates then grabs Diana’s hand and they both start walking to class together. Outside the doorway of the classroom, Sebastian stops and pulls Diana to the side.)

Sebastian- I think I should ask now before I get nervous. Diana- Do you want to be my girlfriend?

Diana- YES!

(Diana jumps to Sebastian and kisses him. They kiss for about a second or two then walk into class together. Riley and one of the cheerleaders are talking when Riley looks over at Sebastian and Diana who are holding hands as they walk through the doorway. Riley stands up and turns to the rest of the class.)

Riley- Everyone! I present you the first new couple of the year- Diana And Sebastian! Everyone- Round of Applause!

( The whole class begins cheering and clapping loudly. Diana laughs. The teacher claps a few times then looks at the class. )

Drama Teacher- Well, I think it’s very clear who will get the two empty seats over there. Diana, Sebastian, take your seats please. And Riley- announcing their new relationship out loud to the class- very, different, indeed.

Riley- Only in Drama class I assure you… only in Drama class.

Drama Teacher- Alright then, everyone, I think we are ready to begin. (Looks over at Sebastian and Diana who are still looking at each other) Sebastian? ( Sebastian turns away from Diana and looks at the teacher) If at any moment you feel the urge to kiss your new girlfriend, let me know so you can do it in front of the class.

(Diana blushes while she laughs. Sebastian agrees and smiles at Diana then sits correctly as the teacher begins talking to the students about the class.)

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30 at 12:21 pm
Just to let you know, I write my comments live because you can get a better feel of what's going through my head. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes for a really long comment. Like really long. So I apologize in advance. First chap. is really good. You've already got me wanting to read more. It's adorable and totally realistic how awkward Seb and Diana are, but I don't feel like two guys would set up their friend on a date like that. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know; I'm a girl. Dang, that kiss cam... (more »)

greatwriter said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 am
I both like your story and don't like it. I like the pace and the way it's written but you might want to try to focus your future pieces on feelings. Like for Romeo and Juliet how Shakespeare captured their passion and undying love (I'm not saying it should be just like it but it does seem to skip over the deep feelings and jump straight into jalousy)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am
Can you read some of my peoms please and tell me what you think. :)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am
I really love your book it is very good and a loving peace. I think you should publlish some day and make a lot of money for that. Becasue I know I want to bye it. :)