A High School Love Story

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next »

Act 1 Scene 1-“My Name Is…”- School Hallway

(Sebastian, Xavier, & Riley are walking down the hallway of their school on the first day of 11th grade. Sebastian is somewhat upset.)

Sebastian- I can’t believe this. It’s been so many years and I still haven’t found the girl for me.

Xavier- That’s because you’re too picky.

Riley- It’s true. We’ve known you since like 6th grade and we’ve seen so many girls get a crush on you but they never seem to be “good enough” for you.

Sebastian- Look. I’m okay with getting a really hot girl like the ones that I’ve seen before, but I want a girl who’s beautiful and SMART, you know. There’s more than just the looks that you should like girls for.

Riley- Like?

Sebastian- Like how smart they are, how nice they are, how they act, how they think…
(2 Cheerleaders Pass by, Riley & Xavier stare at them.)

Xavier- Dibbs on the hot one!

Riley- Dude I saw her first!

(Xavier & Riley continue arguing as they exit offstage, following the cheerleaders. Sebastian talks to himself as he continues to walk to class by himself.)

Sebastian- All I want is a girl who is sweet and considerate, who would talk to me about how she’s feeling and is herself no matter what anyone else thinks.

(Bell Rings.)

Sebastian- Well, guess I’d better hurry to class.

(Sebastian gets to class, then opens the door for the cheerleaders, followed by Xavier & Riley, who are still arguing about them. Sebastian hesitates to walk into class and instead goes to drink water from the drinking fountain on the other side of the hallway. As Sebastian begins to drink water, Diana walks out of the classroom and stops right next to him.)

Diana- So you’re Sebastian, huh? My name is Diana. Teacher told me to get you into class so we can start.

(Sebastian gets up and looks at Diana, then begins to stutter.)

Sebastian- Oh… yeah… let’s go… to… to class… over there…

(Diana giggles a little then grabs Sebastian’s wrist & pulls him into the classroom and closes the door.)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30 at 12:21 pm:
Just to let you know, I write my comments live because you can get a better feel of what's going through my head. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes for a really long comment. Like really long. So I apologize in advance. First chap. is really good. You've already got me wanting to read more. It's adorable and totally realistic how awkward Seb and Diana are, but I don't feel like two guys would set up their friend on a date like that. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know; I'm a girl. Dang, that kiss cam... (more »)

greatwriter said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:35 am:
I both like your story and don't like it. I like the pace and the way it's written but you might want to try to focus your future pieces on feelings. Like for Romeo and Juliet how Shakespeare captured their passion and undying love (I'm not saying it should be just like it but it does seem to skip over the deep feelings and jump straight into jalousy)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
Can you read some of my peoms please and tell me what you think. :)

Mermaidmissy said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:49 am:
I really love your book it is very good and a loving peace. I think you should publlish some day and make a lot of money for that. Becasue I know I want to bye it. :)