The Robinson Boys

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

Chapter 4:

The Robinson Boys:
Chapter 4:
I glare at Campbell who had rudely shoved me off the bed just seconds ago to wake me up.
“Why did you wake me up? I was comfy!” I exclaim jumping back on the bed and staring at him.
“Campbell, I’m not stupid, I know that you’re not sleeping.” I say flatly, crossing my arms over my chest. He does a fake snore to cover up his laughter, but fails miserably. I roll my eyes at him and decide to tease him a little. I sit on top of him and
It's kind of short, but hope y'all like it anyway :D
lean down to kiss his neck. He jumps off of the bed when I do and I end up on the floor laughing at his expression.
“Campbell, your face was priceless!” I exclaim, laughing harder. He glares at me, and then gets a weird expression on his face. He looks kind of afraid and the blood drains from his face.
“Hey Xavier,” he says, a fake smile forming onto his lips. I turn around and sure enough, there’s Xavier who looks pretty pissed off.
“What were you doing with Sabrina?” He asks, glaring at his brother angrily. I smile at him and stand up.
“He shoved me off of my bed and I teased him to get him back.” I reply, looking Xavier easily in the eyes; not noticing the menacing look in them.
“How exactly did you tease him?” He asks through clenched teeth.
“Sat on top of him and kissed his neck,” I reply with a casual shrug. Xavier sighs; looks back at Campbell, and then back at me. I stare it him, trying to read his expressions but failing miserably.
“Just don’t moan too loud, Mom and Dad are still here.” Xavier says with a smirk. My jaw drops and my eyes go wide.
“Xavier, it wasn’t like that! Campbell and I are just-!” Xavier leaves before I can finish my sentence. I glare at the door. How the hell am I going to survive in this house with him? I sigh and turn back to Campbell.
“You should probably leave; I’m going to take a shower.” I say as I walk over to my closet and start to search through my clothes for something to wear when something comes to my mind.
“What’s Xavier doing here anyway? Didn’t he leave for school with the others?” I ask, turning around slightly to see Campbell watching me with interest. He shrugs.
“Probably slept in late, like me.” He replies, standing up and leaving without another word. I sigh and grab random clothes without looking at them and then head into the bathroom.
My shower didn’t last as long as I had wanted it too and it turns out that the shirt that I had grabbed in my haste to get the shower was my ex-boyfriend’s. I sigh as I sit at the kitchen table and eat my bowl of cereal in silence and alone. I miss him dearly; I didn’t even get to say goodbye to him. Jayden and I had been getting pretty serious before I left; I, with the help of best friend Marissa, had been planning on how to tell him that I was in love with him, but sadly I had to flush that down the toilet and leave everything behind for this strange family.
It’s not that I hate the Robinson’s, it’s just that I just lost my parents, friends, boyfriend, and basically my whole life in one day and trust me that is not a good feeling.
Someone sits down across the table from me, and I instantly recognize Xavier.
“Why are you crying?” He asks, raising an eyebrow and looking at me with concern. I reach up and rub under my eyes to get the tear residue off. I truthfully hadn’t noticed crying until he pointed it out. I blush and look away from him.
“Why are you here?” I ask, my voice barely a whisper. He shrugs casually and then gets up, only to sit down in the seat next to mine and scoot closer to me.
“It’s okay to be sad, you know.” He says, reaching out and brushing a tear off of my cheek. I look down at the floor.
“I don’t want people to pity me,” I sigh, shoving a spoonful of co-co puffs into my mouth.
“But that doesn’t mean that you can’t cry and be sad; you need time to mourn and heal, Bri,” He says, taking my face between his hands and looking me in the eyes. I pull away from him and quickly clean up my mess, feeling bewildered by his closeness. I’m ready to move on; I’m ready to let go of the past. Xavier’s right, I do need time to heal. I keep my head down as I walk up the stairs and lock myself into my room. Despite me sleeping a lot, I’m still tired, but I think it’s mostly from the weight of depression on my shoulders right now. I sit on my bed and allow my emotions to run wild, letting them loose of their leashes for a while.
Hours pass and I still lay in my bed, crying my eyes out. I had both Campbell and Xavier trying to get into my room and see what was wrong, but I didn’t feel like talking to them. Eventually they give up and leave me alone to wallow in self pity and pain. My eyes close and my tears come to a stop as I reign my emotions back in. I let out a breath, stand up, and look into the mirror. My eyes are red, my cheeks have tear stains on them, and my hair is sticking up in all directions. I look down at my ex’s shirt that I’m wearing and smile weakly at what it says.
‘Jay’s girl’ it says in big, bold neon purple letters. Hopefully all of this pain will end soon; otherwise I don’t know how I’ll survive.

This book has 45 comments. Post your own now!

BrokenJayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 5:52 am
Went kind of fast but is still cute

TaffyMintThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 4:08 am
Write more i wanna know what happens with Xavier and Sabrinaaaaaa

Book nerd said...
WRITE MORE OR I MIGHT JUST DIE. YOU HAVE AN AMAZING GIFT AND I NEED YOU TO WORK YOUR MAGIC AND FINISH THIS BOOK PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I hope you keep writing! You're a wonderful writer, and your book is wonderful!

inlovePF said...
You need to write more please. I am dying to know what happens to Xavier and Sabrina. Does Kate get stabbed too? I need more! Or else I might die!!!!!!

Bladewolf17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
i feel the same way.

andrewkluvr said...
You totally need to write more. This is an awesome book. I really want to know is Xavier loosens up around Sabrina's friends. I mean, he is really ruining the amazing relationship they could have. I want to know if they end up together, and what happens to Kate and Jayden??? Do they stay together, or does someone stab Kate? Does Jayden realize what the hell he lost? I mean, I absolutely love this book. I hope Sabri and Xavier end up together, and hope that Mason finds his perfect Gay friend.... (more »)

Jaguar17 said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:08 am
Please, write some more ASAP? Like seriosly! who's the guy she jumped on then ran after and called batman? is he hot? Does Xavier find out the she likes him? Does he like her back? Do they get together? and campbell? Is he just her bestfriend figure or does he like her? This book is so good and it draws you in, hense why you need to keep writing it! I love it so much :D You have given me inspiration for a story I'm going to write :D Thank you!

Meg777 said...
This book is amazing! Please keep writing:)

SilverLuna said...

This is a graet idea for a story! I ilove it! But...you have a couple problems. Your voice and your pacing.

Voice: You write like you speak. Its conversational (which is great when interacting with your reader), but when you're telling us a story, conversation isn't as important as background. Dialogue is important, but where your characters are and who your characters are shuold never fall to the wayside.

Pacing: You're ex... (more »)

Nievia replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:18 am
Thanks for letting me know what to do to make it better! I really could use some constructive critisicm xD I'll fix it ASAP :)

CrazyGirl101 said...
Want.... More..... Of...... THE ........ STORY....... I think it is amazing I beg of you write more :)

Danceismyart said...
I really enjoy this book, i wish there was more though in the previous chapters. I feel like i'm missing things! but i still need more chapters! :)

musicismyheart247 said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:50 am
luv it great story

BluBirdWriter13 said...
i luv luv luv this story my favorite story.

Nievia replied...
Thanks! :)

lostkitten37b said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 12:52 am
I love this! By the way, if you don't finish this, I will (somehow) gather a mob to attack your school and duct tape you to a chair in front of the computer so you have to finish this. No pressure. ;D

talliecaity replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:15 am
I agree with you lostkitten37b! I would do the same..this story's really like no other and i mean that in a good way! WRITE MORE!!!!

Nievia replied...
Haha, thanks guys :) you have no clue how awesome it is to get comments :)

talliecaity replied...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:52 am
I'm still waiting...! I keep on checking. PLease post some more! ^_^ I'm desperate!!!