The Robinson Boys

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Chapter 2:

The Robinson Boys
Chapter 2:
I wake up to the sound of music.
“Just shoot for the stars
If it feels right
And aim for my heart
If you feel like
Can take me away and make it OK
I swear I'll behave…” ‘Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5’ played from a random room somewhere near mine. I stand up, curious when I also hear someone singing along.
“Take me by the tongue
And I'll know you
Kiss me 'til you're drunk
And I'll show
Thanks for reading :D I really appreciate it. Hope you guys liked this chapter ;)
you

All the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger…” The voice sings along, but I can’t tell who it belongs to. I follow the sound of the lyrics until I’m standing in front of someone’s open door, staring awestruck when I see who the godly voice belongs to.
“Wow, Terrence, you’re great.” I comment, and he jumps off of the floor, looking at me wide-eyed.
“Y-you heard me?” He asks, looking scared.
“Uh, yeah, your music woke me up and I was wondering who was singing with their godly voice.” I explain, leaning against the doorframe.
“Don’t tell my brothers, they’ll never let me live it down!” He begs, quickly turning his radio off.
“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me, Terrence; do you need help packing?” I ask smiling at him. He shakes his head.
“Nah, I’m good, thanks for offering though.” He replies, returning the smile and then continuing to pack his clothes. I sigh and start to walk down the stairs when someone jumps on my back.
“Sabwina!” Sammy exclaims as I try not to fall down the stairs.
“Hey kiddo, how’d you sleep?” I ask, regaining my balance.
“Good! Make me waffles now!” He commands as we reach the kitchen.
“How about a pop-tart?” I ask, looking around and attempting to figure out where the pop-tarts even are.
“Okay, I want blubewwy!” I nod as he slips off of my shoulders and sits down at the table; waiting for me to retrieve is pop-tart. I start to search when Aaron grabs my arm and places a box of blueberry pop-tarts in my hand.
“Thanks Aaron, I guess I need a tour of the kitchen…” I say with a smile.
“No problem, I’ll show you around the house today, unless Xavier already beat me to it.” He replies, grabbing a bowl, a spoon, Coco Puffs, and milk and then sits down at the table next to an impatient and hungry Sammy.
“Sadly, brother, I already beat you to it, come on Sabrina.” Xavier says, grabbing my arm and tossing the box of pop-tarts to Sammy who squeals in delight while Aaron glares at Xavier.
“Um, can I eat first?” I ask, hearing my stomach growl. Xavier stops, grabs an apple off of the counter, and then resumes pulling me down the hallway.
“Thanks, I guess…” I say, biting into my apple as he shows me where the living room, bathrooms, game room, and then shows me his room. When he opens the door, I just stand there, shocked.
“You, paint?” I ask, blinking a couple of times as I notice all of the paintbrushes, easels, paints, and more supplies. His room’s walls are painted with different pictures. Trees, people, water, animals, anything really, but there is one spot left on the wall.
“Yep, I love to paint; what do you think?” He asks, sitting down on his bed and gesturing to the pictures on the walls. I nod vigorously.
“I love it,” I say smiling and focusing on one painting in particular.
“Who’s that?” I ask looking at it in confusion.
“It’s you, when you were little. My parents have a picture of you and your family and it inspired me… so… I painted that…” he says, rubbing the back of his with a weary smile.
“Oh…” I reply with a smile.
“Well, I think it’s really nice.” I say, glancing over at him to see him giving me a weird look. I raise an eyebrow.
“Um, thanks for the tour, I’m going to go and do something in my room… uh, see you later.” I mumble, waving and then walking out of his room blushing slightly. I bump into someone.
“Oh, sorry Sabrina, I didn’t notice you there.” Campbell says flashing me a smile.
“It’s no problem; I wasn’t really paying attention…” I laugh, looking at the ground.
“I’m guessing Xavier got to you by the way you’re blushing. Ignore him; he can be a jerk sometimes.” Campbell says, patting my head gently.
“Oh no, it wasn’t something he said, it was just, well, he painted me and I got embarrassed…” I reply looking up at him. He gives me the same weird look that Xavier had in his room.
“I’ll be going now, by Campbell…” I mumble, embarrassed again. I walk past him, our shoulders brushing together. I finally escape to my room without any more embarrassment and start to do what I do best; draw. I sigh as my pencil dances across the paper, not thinking and letting my hand draw whatever it wants to. Someone knocks on my door; scaring me and making my hand flit across the page, destroying my drawing of the Robinson family.
“Come in!” I call, closing my notebook and waiting for the person to walk into my room.
“Hello, I’m Mr. Robinson. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, I had some things that had to be taken care of. You can just call me Ted, though.” Ted said. He looked exactly like his sons, except for his eyes which instead of blue, were green.
“Oh, hi, I’m Sabrina.” I reply with a smile. Suddenly there was a ringing noise.
“I’ll be back, sorry that we can’t talk longer.” He says, and then leaves the room while answering his phone. With a sigh, I start to draw again, this time, no one bothering me until lunch time

This book has 45 comments. Post your own now!

BrokenJayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 5:52 am
Went kind of fast but is still cute

TaffyMintThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18 at 4:08 am
Write more i wanna know what happens with Xavier and Sabrinaaaaaa

Book nerd said...
WRITE MORE OR I MIGHT JUST DIE. YOU HAVE AN AMAZING GIFT AND I NEED YOU TO WORK YOUR MAGIC AND FINISH THIS BOOK PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I hope you keep writing! You're a wonderful writer, and your book is wonderful!

inlovePF said...
You need to write more please. I am dying to know what happens to Xavier and Sabrina. Does Kate get stabbed too? I need more! Or else I might die!!!!!!

Bladewolf17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
i feel the same way.

andrewkluvr said...
You totally need to write more. This is an awesome book. I really want to know is Xavier loosens up around Sabrina's friends. I mean, he is really ruining the amazing relationship they could have. I want to know if they end up together, and what happens to Kate and Jayden??? Do they stay together, or does someone stab Kate? Does Jayden realize what the hell he lost? I mean, I absolutely love this book. I hope Sabri and Xavier end up together, and hope that Mason finds his perfect Gay friend.... (more »)

Jaguar17 said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:08 am
Please, write some more ASAP? Like seriosly! who's the guy she jumped on then ran after and called batman? is he hot? Does Xavier find out the she likes him? Does he like her back? Do they get together? and campbell? Is he just her bestfriend figure or does he like her? This book is so good and it draws you in, hense why you need to keep writing it! I love it so much :D You have given me inspiration for a story I'm going to write :D Thank you!

Meg777 said...
This book is amazing! Please keep writing:)

SilverLuna said...

This is a graet idea for a story! I ilove it! But...you have a couple problems. Your voice and your pacing.

Voice: You write like you speak. Its conversational (which is great when interacting with your reader), but when you're telling us a story, conversation isn't as important as background. Dialogue is important, but where your characters are and who your characters are shuold never fall to the wayside.

Pacing: You're ex... (more »)

Nievia replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:18 am
Thanks for letting me know what to do to make it better! I really could use some constructive critisicm xD I'll fix it ASAP :)

CrazyGirl101 said...
Want.... More..... Of...... THE ........ STORY....... I think it is amazing I beg of you write more :)

Danceismyart said...
I really enjoy this book, i wish there was more though in the previous chapters. I feel like i'm missing things! but i still need more chapters! :)

musicismyheart247 said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:50 am
luv it great story

BluBirdWriter13 said...
i luv luv luv this story my favorite story.

Nievia replied...
Thanks! :)

lostkitten37b said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 12:52 am
I love this! By the way, if you don't finish this, I will (somehow) gather a mob to attack your school and duct tape you to a chair in front of the computer so you have to finish this. No pressure. ;D

talliecaity replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:15 am
I agree with you lostkitten37b! I would do the same..this story's really like no other and i mean that in a good way! WRITE MORE!!!!

Nievia replied...
Haha, thanks guys :) you have no clue how awesome it is to get comments :)

talliecaity replied...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:52 am
I'm still waiting...! I keep on checking. PLease post some more! ^_^ I'm desperate!!!