Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

Chapter Eight

2006

Ross, Kyle, and Andy sat back in their chairs and sighed. Their work was almost complete. They all stared at the picture of Jason and Morgan. Soon, they would have Jason and Morgan in their possession. It was only a matter of time.

Jason and Morgan entered their house in Madeira, Ohio and sighed. They were home.
“It’s so nice to be back.” Morgan said to Jason.

“Yeah,” Jason agreed, “I should probably call my Father and tell him we are back in town. He’s probably going to want me to start at Dream Co tomorrow.”
“Yeah,” Morgan said.

Jason picked up his phone and dialed his Father’s number. A couple rings later, the answering machine picked up the call.

“Hey Dad, it’s me,” Jason said, “Morgan and I are back…so I was wondering when I should come in…call me. Bye I love you.” Jason hung up the phone and awaited his Father’s call.

An hour later, Jeff Cooper called Jason and told him to be at the Dream Co building the next morning. The next morning, Jason entered the building and a glass tube surrounded him and took all of his belongings except for his wallet and mp3 player. Wow, I wonder why you don’t need my wallet, Jason thought, because you already took my picture, that’s why.

He was angry. He hated being in this building with those people that took his picture of Morgan. He went straight to his Father’s office. He had to figure out why they had taken the picture.

“Dad, my picture of Morgan I had in my wallet is gone.”
“Well what happened to it?”
“I think one of your employees has it.” Jason accused.
“That’s preposterous, Jason.”
“Seriously, Dad, I want to talk to those employees again.” Jason demanded.
“They are busy now, Jason. Wait until later.”

“Later” never came, and Jason rode with his Father from the building.
“I want it back, Dad.” Jason said sternly as he got out of the car and walked up to his house. He watched his Father drive away with unforgiving eyes. He needed to talk with those employees. Jason knew they had it, but he couldn’t prove it.

Jason walked into his house and was greeted by a kiss from his wife.
“How’d it go?” She asked, going to sit on the couch.
“It was alright. I found out some of my Dad’s employees have a picture of you and I.”
“A legitimate picture? Like from where?”
“It was the one we took two weeks before our wedding, so pretty recent.” Jason rubbed his eyes.
“What is their reasoning behind taking it?” Morgan asked, pulling her legs up to her chin.
“I don’t know, but I plan to find out.” Jason said, storming off to his room. He tried to remember anything his Dad might have told him that may give him a clue. He strained to think of anything that might be able to help him. We start on human subjects in two weeks, Jason remembered. That’s got to be it, they want Morgan and I for tests.

January 2009

Jason sat at his desk and grabbed a piece of notebook paper. He began to write really fast. He knew something was about to happen, he could feel it.
He had been prepared for half a year, waiting. Every day he lived in a constant fear of when he and Morgan would be taken. He wrote:
“Morgan I am about to be taken…get away as fast as you can. They will be coming for you too…” And the writing trailed off.
Jason yelled as he was yanked from his chair by two men in black suits. He struggled as he felt a needle being forced into his arm. His body went limp as his attackers exited the house. They drove to 2009 Split Road, where Dream Co was located.

Morgan Cooper, wife of Jason walked into their house and saw a note on the floor. She read it. She put the note in her pocket and walked out to her car. She had to find her husband. He was her life, and she was his.

June 2009, Present Day

What is the password? Jason’s insides were screaming for him to think of something. Anything. Jason hit the key pad in anger and felt cold steel being pressed against the back of his head.
“Don’t,” Ross said, cocking the gun.

Jason turned to face Ross and Ross took a step back.
“What’s the password?” Jason asked in anger towards Ross.
“Your Dad never told you?”
“Tell me, please, I need her. Morgan is my life, please.” Jason pleaded, he had no other choice.

Ross flipped the gun and put his own thumb on the trigger. Jason put his finger on Ross’s and they both stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity.
“You deserve her,” Ross said as he pulled the trigger, ending his own life. And that was when one thing entered Jason’s mind. You did the right thing choosing Morgan over Jesse.
Fifteen letters. Could it be that simple? He began typing the password: Morganoverjessy. A green light appeared and Jason dropped to his knees in amazement. There Morgan sat, tied up, ten feet in front of him. Jason ran faster than he had ever run before to untie his wife.

“I love you so much, Morgan. I’m sorry it took so long for me to get to you. I’m never gonna’ let you go again. I’ve waited so long.” Jason took her in his arms and kissed her in the exact same way as when they got married.
“I love you too Jase, thank you so much for coming to get me.” Morgan smiled.

“Anytime, and through all of this I have realized something. I need to start living in the present rather than dreaming about the past about us being together, because I already have you. My dream has fully come true. I want to be with you forever, Morgan, and never, ever let you go. I couldn’t bare it if I lost you again.”
Jason and Morgan exited the building, hand-in-hand and headed home to enjoy the wonderful life that was laid out for them.

Most dreams last five to twenty minutes…Jason’s lasted a life time.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

This book has 54 comments. Post your own now!

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

xxinnocentxx replied...
welll see lolz

SabreEleven replied...
kk haha :)

SabreEleven replied...
ive hit a roadblcok :( writers block sucks!!

crazygirl11 replied...
try to think of memories or something that mean something to you and use them as a reference type thing. helps me with projects and stuff

SabreEleven replied...
that's the ironic thing...its based on my ex gf and i and how we went through so much stuff to be together and how it fell apart

SabreEleven replied...
i have lost my inspiration...i am sorry to tell you there will not be a second part :( my current gf and i are very very happy together and it is not right for me to dwelling on the past. however i am going to be posting a mass amount of poetry and i hope it goes somewhere :)

crazygirl11 replied...
oh ok that makes sense. sorry to hear that though. hope things work out for you though God knows what Hes foing sometimes, just be careful about your past.

SabreEleven replied...
i would totally agree with that :) glad to hear i'm not alone with the whole God thing :) :)

crazygirl11 replied...
:) no your not

SabreEleven replied...
woo! haha :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:51 am
^-^ in tht case cant wait to see moe of your poems

SabreEleven replied...
haha in what case?

SabreEleven replied...
sounds good to me! haha thanks!!

SabreEleven replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:05 am
sounds good to me! im in a poem mood lol