Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter Seven

2009

Jason pulled the picture off the altar and shoved the altar over. Jason walked to a desk in the back of the room and flipped through a stack of papers.
One caught his attention. It read:
“Mr. Cooper, you may kiss the bride. I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Jason Cooper.”
What is going on? Jason asked himself as he folded the paper and put it in his pocket. A thought flashed through his mind. Jason, come get Morgan. She is waiting for you. Jason picked up his pipe and exited the Bright’s office and headed east, deeper into the Dream Co facility. Further into he and Morgan’s prison.
Jason was getting weaker. Not seeing Morgan in a while was beginning to tear him apart. He could barely take it anymore. Morgan, I want you back, I need you back. Jason turned as he heard footsteps behind him. Two people were following him. It was Andy and Kyle, two of the Brights. That must have been Ross up ahead of me then, Jason thought.

“Where do you think he could’ve gone?” Kyle asked Andy.
“I have no idea. Chances of us finding him are slim now though, this building is huge.”

Jason gritted his teeth as they walked past him in the shadows. Jason silently slipped behind them and struck Andy with the pipe, causing his to fall unconscious. Kyle turned with lightning speed and knocked Jason to the ground, sending the pipe rolling down the hall.

“Wow, that was easy,” Kyle chuckled, “We’ve been wondering about you, Jason.”

With a quick swipe of his leg, Jason knocked Kyle’s feet out from under him. Kyle fell with a “thud” and Jason lunged for the pipe. Finding it, Jason struck Kyle twice in the face, rendering him unconscious. Jason breathed a sigh of relief and took Kyle’s access card for Sector Five. Then, he opened a random door and pulled both bodies into it. Then, Jason walked back into the hall and headed to his left, out to the main sector of Dream Co. He looked around and then remembered there were three more Sectors to check. Wow, he thought, this is going to take a while.

2006
Two Hours after the Wedding

Jason and Morgan boarded a private jet and immediately, Morgan asked where they were going.
“It’s a surprise,” Jason grinned, kissing her.
“Ok fine, I guess I’ll wait.” Morgan laid her head on Jason’s shoulder and he pulled her close.
They were married. Jason’s dream of marrying the woman of his dreams was complete. Now, he just had to stay with her the rest of his life. He said he would during his vows, but could he keep that promise? It won’t be hard, He thought, Morgan and I are meant to be together. He smiled at that.
Three hours later, they were landing in Kohlar Beach, Australia, the most secluded island on this continent. A popular vacation spot for tourists and honey-mooners alike. Jason grabbed their bags and they headed inside their private beach house on the stunning island.
An enormous jungle stretched around the sides and back of the house. A tall wooden door was their entrance into a large living room, complete with surround sound, a long leather couch, and a high tech automated fireplace. A wooded spiral staircase led upstairs to a pearly white bathroom and a master bedroom. The master bedroom contained a large window/ door combo that led onto an expansive balcony overlooking the golden sand beach and crystal clear water. A note on the dining room table read:

“Welcome Visitors!
Please enjoy your stay here at Kohlar Beach for the next two weeks. Also, if you can be out by 11am on the fourteenth day here, that would be great!
-Management”

Jason wrapped Morgan in his arms and he kissed her repeatedly. They were so very happy together. A half hour later, they both put on their swimsuits and went out to the beach. They laid on their towels and began to talk.
“Isn’t this place incredible?” Morgan looked at Jason with a grin.
“It is! It’s a lot better than I pictured!”
Jason pulled Morgan close and they laid there until the sun went down. When, it was dark, they retreated into the house and went to bed.
Outside in the jungle, three masked men pulled out their binoculars. It was Ross, Kyle, and Andy.
“Sure is handy to have that travel receipt from Jason, isn’t it?” Andy asked Ross.
“Yeah, now all we have to do is spy on them for two weeks and get to know as much about them as we can. They will be our first subjects at Dream Co.” Ross smiled evilly.
“Won’t Jeff be kind of mad? I mean, it is his son and daughter-in-law after all.” Kyle chimed in.
“He won’t know. He’s too busy being caught up in his work to care. Besides, everything that goes on in our office he is oblivious about. At least, he never asks me about it.”
The three men sat in the shadows and continued to spy on Jason and Morgan throughout their two week stay on the island. The only things they discovered were that Jason and Morgan were perfect for their testing. Also, they were easy to get to seeing as Jason’s Father is the President of Dream Co.
Two weeks later, Jason and Morgan left the island and returned to their home in Madeira, Ohio. Ross, Kyle, and Andy returned to their homes as well. Then, the three men began to hatch a plan to get Jason and Morgan in their custody.

2009

Jason ascended the stairs to the third sector and went into its hallway that looked very much like the first and second sectors hallways. This is getting ridiculous, where is she?! Could it be that easy? Is she in the fifth sector?
Jason turned around and walked up to the secure wing. The giant metal door he remembered all those years ago, stood now, only fifteen feet in front of him. That’s got to be where she is. He flashed the key card in front of the door and a green light appeared, indicating he could enter. Jason went inside and found another long hallway that ended with another large door. The secure wing, he remembered, leads to the fifth floor. His Father had said that only himself, and his brightest employees were allowed on the fifth floor. What are they keeping in there?
Jason pressed on cautiously down the dark hallway. He heard screaming coming from the room to his right, so he went inside to check it out.
“Morgan?” He asked the dimly lit room.
A woman lay on an examination table. She was struggling to get herself untied. Her mouth was bound by duct tape. As soon as Jason ripped the tape off, she began talking.
“You have to leave; they are going to kill us.” The woman told him, still struggling with her restraints.
“What are you talking about?” Jason asked frantically.
“Ross, he’s gone psycho. He’s been talking about finding the ‘perfect subjects’ One is out in the building running around as we speak. God bless his soul.”
“I’m that person,” Jason told her, “I’m Jason. And the girl he took, that’s my wife, Morgan.”
The woman’s eyes grew wide as Jason spoke.
“Jason?” The woman asked in amazement.
He stepped back in shock.
“Jesse?” he asked. It was his girlfriend from his freshman year in High School.
“Can you get me out of here?” Jesse asked timidly.
“I…” Jason began to say as he snapped back into reality, “I have to find Morgan.”
“Wait Jason!” Jesse screamed as she watched Jason sprint from the room.
Jesse was still tied down. Jason turned to his right and ran down the remainder of the wrong hallway to the large metal door that separated him from Morgan. One more obstacle. The key pad had a fifteen digit pass code lock. What’s the password?

Phoebepoet said...
May 26, 2013 at 11:18 pm:
I liked what the book was about but I thought you jumped around way to much.

crazygirl11 said...
Felt like i was there with them. Great details. Sounds like it could be real. Hope theres a second one

shariccie said...
i love this story! couldn't take my eyes of the pages! great job.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm :
thank you so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
this was a really good story! great job!

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
thanks a bunchhh :)

shariccie said...
this sounds like a really interesting book. can't wait to read it!

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am:
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
yep! haha its tough but ill keep trying to write it...im still thinking of ideas to finish it up with haha

xinnocentx replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:02 pm :
lol well i like it so keep it up :D

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm :
i shall! thanks a bunch!!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm :
ur very welcome. i really enjoy your storied ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm :
thanks :) seriously u r one of the reasons i write haha thanks for the support and admiration :)

xinnocentx replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm :
awwwww i feel so special.... and im glad i do.... hahah for my own selfish reasons of being entertained with your work. :) jk...well sort of.

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:08 pm :
hahaha kk :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm :
xD ummmm ..... how long have you been writing for? (did i ask b4?? if i did...i forgot)

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm :
it's been sooooo long since I've been on here! haha sorry i have been writing for almost four years :) wbu?

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:57 am :
hahahahha no need to apologize. Same thing with me hvnt been on for a long time.... and i just write when i feel like it. I was thinking about posting something .... from a while bakk... but  i noticed i couldnt find anything -________- soooo.... i shall wen i find it all hahahhaha. =] hope u been good. ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:13 am :
o ok cool! find it! i wanna read soething of yours! haha and yes i have...just busy with college stuff hahaha

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:46 am :
Tell me about it. i started college about 5 months ago and yes it takes up a lot of ur time =] so i kno.  What are you studying for?? lol ill try to find em. but theyr so.... childish. they were from a while bak. and i havnt really had time or any sort of insperation lately....so dont expect anything spectacular. =p