New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter Six

2006
One Week before the Wedding

Jeff Cooper led his son into his office on the first floor and Jason sat down.
“Dad, seriously, where did they take my stuff?”
“It’s all safe, Jason, don’t worry. Just focus on trying to get a job here.”
“Whatever, Dad, I just want my things back.”

Jason leaned back in the wooden chair in front of his Dad’s desk. He wanted to get out of here and go see Morgan. It’d been a couple of days since he had seen her.

“Where did those employees of your go anyways?” Jason asked suddenly.
‘They went to their office on the second floor.”
“What do they do there?”
“They supervise most of the tests done on our subjects we bring in.” Jeff informed.
“And you just sit here in your office while they do all the work?”
“Ok, Jason, I’m getting tired of your smart comments. Here’s the keys, go home.”

Jason’s face lit up as he took the keys from his Father.
“Thanks.”
“Go.”
Jason turned and walked from his Father’s office and went up to the security guard at the door.

“Can I get my things back?”
“Yes,” Was all the guard said as a silver plate descended from the ceiling.
“Finally,” Jason sighed, picking up his mp3 player, phone, wallet, and necklace. He opened his wallet and noticed a picture of him with his arms wrapped around Morgan was gone.

“Do you know where my picture is?” Jason asked the guard.
“No idea, I just guard the door.”

Jason exited the building, furious, and got into his car. It’s those bright employees, they took it. It has to be. Jason sped to Morgan’s house and rang the doorbell. Her Father answered the door.

“Is Morgan there?”
“No, Jason, she is still out with her Mother.”
“Well could you please tell her I stopped by?”
“For sure, Jason.” Her Father promised as he closed the door.

Jason drove down the road to his house and went inside. He was still mad about the picture. Where did they take it? What did they want with it?

2006, a Week Later
The Wedding Day

Jason wiped his hands on a towel and threw it into the corner. A knock at his door startled him and he went to answer it. It was his best man, Seth Klemens.
“Hey!” Jason yelled, “I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever!”
“Yeah man, same. I’m here making everything is going alright. You ready? Today is the big day!” Seth prepared Jason.
“Dude am I being irrational about this whole thing?” Jason asked suddenly.
“Do you want to spend the rest of your life with her?”
“Yeah, more than anything.”
“Do you love her? I mean, really love her?” Seth asked in a slightly authoritative voice.
“Of course, she’s the one, I’m positive.” Jason smiled.
“Then she’s the one. I am so happy for you man, seriously, this is one of the best days of my life, my best friend is getting married!”
“Thanks man.”
“Anytime dude, that’s what I’m here for.”
Jason and Seth chit-chatted about random school events and church outings until it was time for them to head down to the chapel. Jason wiped his palms on his tuxedo as he and Seth descended the stairs to the chapel.
“Everything’s going to be fine, man.” Seth assured Jason with a smile.
Jason had waited for this day. Ever since he got back with Morgan during sophomore year, everything in his life seemed right again. He was a happier and better rounded person. And the reason for that was because Morgan changed him. For the longest time, Jason needed her. She gave him a reason to be the man that he was.
“This is it.” Seth said, opening the door for Jason.
Jason strolled through the doorway and his face turned a light pink color, and Seth followed. Showtime. Seth stood next to Jason as the bride music began to play. Jason straightened up as the chapel doors swung open. He nearly lost his footing when Morgan entered the room.
She was dressed in an elegant light blue dress that made her shine. Her short brown hair fell neatly around her ears and the blue earrings she wore sparkled brilliantly as she walked slowly down the aisle.
Jason never once took her eyes off Morgan. How could he? She was the most beautiful woman in the world. Seth had to steady Jason a couple times, because Jason nearly fainted twice as Morgan sauntered down the aisle. Jason could hardly contain himself. He shook Morgan’s Father’s hand when they got to the front and him and Morgan turned to face the minister.

Thirty minutes later, Jason raised Morgan’s veil and spoke some words only meant for her to hear.
“Morgan, I love you so much and I have waited my whole life for you, the woman of my dreams.”
“You may kiss the bride.” The minister bellowed.
Jason lifted Morgan slightly and they shared the best kiss of their lives. It lasted ten seconds.
“In now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Jason Cooper.” The minister said.

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am:
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
welll see lolz

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:01 pm :
kk haha :)

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:38 pm :
ive hit a roadblcok :( writers block sucks!!

crazygirl11 replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:10 pm :
try to think of memories or something that mean something to you and use them as a reference type thing. helps me with projects and stuff

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 pm :
that's the ironic thing...its based on my ex gf and i and how we went through so much stuff to be together and how it fell apart

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 7:29 pm :
i have lost my inspiration...i am sorry to tell you there will not be a second part :( my current gf and i are very very happy together and it is not right for me to dwelling on the past. however i am going to be posting a mass amount of poetry and i hope it goes somewhere :)

crazygirl11 replied...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:56 pm :
oh ok that makes sense. sorry to hear that though. hope things work out for you though God knows what Hes foing sometimes, just be careful about your past.

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:00 pm :
i would totally agree with that :) glad to hear i'm not alone with the whole God thing :) :)

crazygirl11 replied...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm :
:) no your not

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:02 pm :
woo! haha :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 7:51 am :
^-^ in tht case cant wait to see moe of your poems

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:07 pm :
haha in what case?

SabreEleven replied...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm :
sounds good to me! haha thanks!!

SabreEleven replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:05 am :
sounds good to me! im in a poem mood lol