Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter Six

2006
One Week before the Wedding

Jeff Cooper led his son into his office on the first floor and Jason sat down.
“Dad, seriously, where did they take my stuff?”
“It’s all safe, Jason, don’t worry. Just focus on trying to get a job here.”
“Whatever, Dad, I just want my things back.”

Jason leaned back in the wooden chair in front of his Dad’s desk. He wanted to get out of here and go see Morgan. It’d been a couple of days since he had seen her.

“Where did those employees of your go anyways?” Jason asked suddenly.
‘They went to their office on the second floor.”
“What do they do there?”
“They supervise most of the tests done on our subjects we bring in.” Jeff informed.
“And you just sit here in your office while they do all the work?”
“Ok, Jason, I’m getting tired of your smart comments. Here’s the keys, go home.”

Jason’s face lit up as he took the keys from his Father.
“Thanks.”
“Go.”
Jason turned and walked from his Father’s office and went up to the security guard at the door.

“Can I get my things back?”
“Yes,” Was all the guard said as a silver plate descended from the ceiling.
“Finally,” Jason sighed, picking up his mp3 player, phone, wallet, and necklace. He opened his wallet and noticed a picture of him with his arms wrapped around Morgan was gone.

“Do you know where my picture is?” Jason asked the guard.
“No idea, I just guard the door.”

Jason exited the building, furious, and got into his car. It’s those bright employees, they took it. It has to be. Jason sped to Morgan’s house and rang the doorbell. Her Father answered the door.

“Is Morgan there?”
“No, Jason, she is still out with her Mother.”
“Well could you please tell her I stopped by?”
“For sure, Jason.” Her Father promised as he closed the door.

Jason drove down the road to his house and went inside. He was still mad about the picture. Where did they take it? What did they want with it?

2006, a Week Later
The Wedding Day

Jason wiped his hands on a towel and threw it into the corner. A knock at his door startled him and he went to answer it. It was his best man, Seth Klemens.
“Hey!” Jason yelled, “I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever!”
“Yeah man, same. I’m here making everything is going alright. You ready? Today is the big day!” Seth prepared Jason.
“Dude am I being irrational about this whole thing?” Jason asked suddenly.
“Do you want to spend the rest of your life with her?”
“Yeah, more than anything.”
“Do you love her? I mean, really love her?” Seth asked in a slightly authoritative voice.
“Of course, she’s the one, I’m positive.” Jason smiled.
“Then she’s the one. I am so happy for you man, seriously, this is one of the best days of my life, my best friend is getting married!”
“Thanks man.”
“Anytime dude, that’s what I’m here for.”
Jason and Seth chit-chatted about random school events and church outings until it was time for them to head down to the chapel. Jason wiped his palms on his tuxedo as he and Seth descended the stairs to the chapel.
“Everything’s going to be fine, man.” Seth assured Jason with a smile.
Jason had waited for this day. Ever since he got back with Morgan during sophomore year, everything in his life seemed right again. He was a happier and better rounded person. And the reason for that was because Morgan changed him. For the longest time, Jason needed her. She gave him a reason to be the man that he was.
“This is it.” Seth said, opening the door for Jason.
Jason strolled through the doorway and his face turned a light pink color, and Seth followed. Showtime. Seth stood next to Jason as the bride music began to play. Jason straightened up as the chapel doors swung open. He nearly lost his footing when Morgan entered the room.
She was dressed in an elegant light blue dress that made her shine. Her short brown hair fell neatly around her ears and the blue earrings she wore sparkled brilliantly as she walked slowly down the aisle.
Jason never once took her eyes off Morgan. How could he? She was the most beautiful woman in the world. Seth had to steady Jason a couple times, because Jason nearly fainted twice as Morgan sauntered down the aisle. Jason could hardly contain himself. He shook Morgan’s Father’s hand when they got to the front and him and Morgan turned to face the minister.

Thirty minutes later, Jason raised Morgan’s veil and spoke some words only meant for her to hear.
“Morgan, I love you so much and I have waited my whole life for you, the woman of my dreams.”
“You may kiss the bride.” The minister bellowed.
Jason lifted Morgan slightly and they shared the best kiss of their lives. It lasted ten seconds.
“In now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Jason Cooper.” The minister said.

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am:
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

SabreEleven replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:56 pm :
i bet it will be spectacular! haha and i wanna be an english teacher and a minor in creative writing if i can :) wbu?

xxinnocentxx replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 pm :
hahahahaha xD lier!!! ur just sayn tht. and idk wat i wanna do with my life rite now.... im going for business adminstration and if things go well maybe ill try opening a restaraunt or something idk... but chyea. lol we'll see wher i get.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:42 am :
im not lying! haha and thats cool life decisions are tough!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:44 am :
hahahha okay ur not lying... *coffliercoff* sorry u kno its cold im getting sick. hahahah...and yes they are tought but im sure ill get thru it...if not ill go visit the english teacher for help (hint, hint u) x) lol jk

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 2:52 pm :
u will get thru it, tough times always get better :) and thanks hahaha

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:22 am :
thank u very much for that and lets hope so... xD so r u working to be a teacher rite now??

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:23 pm :
yep! really really wanting to be! it'd be great i think!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:20 am :
i wish u the best of luck. . .  hahaha english teacher/ famous author one day xD

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 24, 2011 at 5:19 pm :
why thank you :) ill have to mention you in a foreward of one of my books :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 25, 2011 at 7:12 pm :
hahah oh thank you, no need for that lol but i am flattered... u kno, would u happen to have a facebook?

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 25, 2011 at 7:15 pm :
yep :) joshua carpenter, madeira Ohio :) u?

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:22 am :
also my goal is to submit the second part of Chasing Dreams onto teenink by January 10th or so. I am in the final stages of writing it!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:36 am :
ima try looking u up x) and thats kool oh ive noticed uve posted a lot more too :) i read a few. ^-^ im serious u got some..idk talent? creativity, or both hahaha

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:49 am :
thanks so much! when I get feedback like that, it's what I live to write for! haha it's a fuel I guess :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:58 am :
yeayz x3 hahahah now u have no excuse not to finish by jan 10 =D

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:09 am :
this is true! haha im on a roll tho, i had no inspiration there for like two weeks!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm :
Well atleasgt u got it back and thats what counts.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 1:31 pm :
this is true! haha :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 3:17 pm :
lol Well i wish u the best of luck. Since ur so young and already so talented lolz. My friend is too.... i love her poems, she made one that actually brought tears to my eyes. haha i think u guys are so lucky

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 8:12 pm :
why thank you :) and to u as well! it just takes that one tiny baby step to get ur writing out there and once it's out, it will soar!