Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter Six

2006
One Week before the Wedding

Jeff Cooper led his son into his office on the first floor and Jason sat down.
“Dad, seriously, where did they take my stuff?”
“It’s all safe, Jason, don’t worry. Just focus on trying to get a job here.”
“Whatever, Dad, I just want my things back.”

Jason leaned back in the wooden chair in front of his Dad’s desk. He wanted to get out of here and go see Morgan. It’d been a couple of days since he had seen her.

“Where did those employees of your go anyways?” Jason asked suddenly.
‘They went to their office on the second floor.”
“What do they do there?”
“They supervise most of the tests done on our subjects we bring in.” Jeff informed.
“And you just sit here in your office while they do all the work?”
“Ok, Jason, I’m getting tired of your smart comments. Here’s the keys, go home.”

Jason’s face lit up as he took the keys from his Father.
“Thanks.”
“Go.”
Jason turned and walked from his Father’s office and went up to the security guard at the door.

“Can I get my things back?”
“Yes,” Was all the guard said as a silver plate descended from the ceiling.
“Finally,” Jason sighed, picking up his mp3 player, phone, wallet, and necklace. He opened his wallet and noticed a picture of him with his arms wrapped around Morgan was gone.

“Do you know where my picture is?” Jason asked the guard.
“No idea, I just guard the door.”

Jason exited the building, furious, and got into his car. It’s those bright employees, they took it. It has to be. Jason sped to Morgan’s house and rang the doorbell. Her Father answered the door.

“Is Morgan there?”
“No, Jason, she is still out with her Mother.”
“Well could you please tell her I stopped by?”
“For sure, Jason.” Her Father promised as he closed the door.

Jason drove down the road to his house and went inside. He was still mad about the picture. Where did they take it? What did they want with it?

2006, a Week Later
The Wedding Day

Jason wiped his hands on a towel and threw it into the corner. A knock at his door startled him and he went to answer it. It was his best man, Seth Klemens.
“Hey!” Jason yelled, “I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever!”
“Yeah man, same. I’m here making everything is going alright. You ready? Today is the big day!” Seth prepared Jason.
“Dude am I being irrational about this whole thing?” Jason asked suddenly.
“Do you want to spend the rest of your life with her?”
“Yeah, more than anything.”
“Do you love her? I mean, really love her?” Seth asked in a slightly authoritative voice.
“Of course, she’s the one, I’m positive.” Jason smiled.
“Then she’s the one. I am so happy for you man, seriously, this is one of the best days of my life, my best friend is getting married!”
“Thanks man.”
“Anytime dude, that’s what I’m here for.”
Jason and Seth chit-chatted about random school events and church outings until it was time for them to head down to the chapel. Jason wiped his palms on his tuxedo as he and Seth descended the stairs to the chapel.
“Everything’s going to be fine, man.” Seth assured Jason with a smile.
Jason had waited for this day. Ever since he got back with Morgan during sophomore year, everything in his life seemed right again. He was a happier and better rounded person. And the reason for that was because Morgan changed him. For the longest time, Jason needed her. She gave him a reason to be the man that he was.
“This is it.” Seth said, opening the door for Jason.
Jason strolled through the doorway and his face turned a light pink color, and Seth followed. Showtime. Seth stood next to Jason as the bride music began to play. Jason straightened up as the chapel doors swung open. He nearly lost his footing when Morgan entered the room.
She was dressed in an elegant light blue dress that made her shine. Her short brown hair fell neatly around her ears and the blue earrings she wore sparkled brilliantly as she walked slowly down the aisle.
Jason never once took her eyes off Morgan. How could he? She was the most beautiful woman in the world. Seth had to steady Jason a couple times, because Jason nearly fainted twice as Morgan sauntered down the aisle. Jason could hardly contain himself. He shook Morgan’s Father’s hand when they got to the front and him and Morgan turned to face the minister.

Thirty minutes later, Jason raised Morgan’s veil and spoke some words only meant for her to hear.
“Morgan, I love you so much and I have waited my whole life for you, the woman of my dreams.”
“You may kiss the bride.” The minister bellowed.
Jason lifted Morgan slightly and they shared the best kiss of their lives. It lasted ten seconds.
“In now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Jason Cooper.” The minister said.

PhoebepoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26, 2013 at 11:18 pm:
I liked what the book was about but I thought you jumped around way to much.

crazygirl11 said...
Felt like i was there with them. Great details. Sounds like it could be real. Hope theres a second one

shariccie said...
i love this story! couldn't take my eyes of the pages! great job.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm :
thank you so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
this was a really good story! great job!

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
thanks a bunchhh :)

shariccie said...
this sounds like a really interesting book. can't wait to read it!

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am:
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
yep! haha its tough but ill keep trying to write it...im still thinking of ideas to finish it up with haha

xinnocentx replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:02 pm :
lol well i like it so keep it up :D

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm :
i shall! thanks a bunch!!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm :
ur very welcome. i really enjoy your storied ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm :
thanks :) seriously u r one of the reasons i write haha thanks for the support and admiration :)

xinnocentx replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm :
awwwww i feel so special.... and im glad i do.... hahah for my own selfish reasons of being entertained with your work. :) jk...well sort of.

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:08 pm :
hahaha kk :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm :
xD ummmm ..... how long have you been writing for? (did i ask b4?? if i did...i forgot)

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm :
it's been sooooo long since I've been on here! haha sorry i have been writing for almost four years :) wbu?

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:57 am :
hahahahha no need to apologize. Same thing with me hvnt been on for a long time.... and i just write when i feel like it. I was thinking about posting something .... from a while bakk... but  i noticed i couldnt find anything -________- soooo.... i shall wen i find it all hahahhaha. =] hope u been good. ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:13 am :
o ok cool! find it! i wanna read soething of yours! haha and yes i have...just busy with college stuff hahaha

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:46 am :
Tell me about it. i started college about 5 months ago and yes it takes up a lot of ur time =] so i kno.  What are you studying for?? lol ill try to find em. but theyr so.... childish. they were from a while bak. and i havnt really had time or any sort of insperation lately....so dont expect anything spectacular. =p