Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter Four

2003

Jason opened his eyes to find Morgan had fallen asleep on his lap. They were both still outside, looking over the quiet creek. He stroked Morgan’s brown hair lightly and she stirred in her sleep. Jason loved being anywhere with Morgan. Every minute he could spend with her was a miracle in his eyes.
“Morgan! Jason!” He heard. It was Morgan’s Father.
“Yes sir!?” Jason answered, waking Morgan up in the process.
“Dinner!” They both heard. Jason stood and helped Morgan up and they walked into the house.
2005, Two Years Later
“All friends and family rise, here they are, Wishington High’s 2005 Graduating Seniors!”

Jason and Morgan threw their caps into the air and hugged each other. It was 2005. Jason and Morgan were both graduating and they would be heading off to Dreamfield College in Georgia in the Fall.

Jason’s dream of marrying Morgan was within his reach. Finally, he would have all his heart dreamt of having. Morgan laughed as she said, “We did it!” Jason picked her up and spun around. His parents came up to congratulate them both, and soon after, Morgan’s parents did the same.

It was a week later that Jason began preparations for the next step of his dream to come true. He rang Morgan’s doorbell and her Father came to the door.
“Jason! What a pleasant surprise, please come in.”
“Thank you, sir.” Jason replied.
“Morgan is out shopping with her Mother, is there something I can help you with?”
“Yes sir, I actually came to talk to you. I…” Jason choked, “I would like your blessing and permission to marry your daughter.”

Mr. Sullivan was taken aback.
“Jason I would like nothing more than to welcome you to our family,” He shook Jason’s hand, “I know that you will take great care of Morgan.”
“The best care ever, Mr. Sullivan. You're daughter has truly captured my heart and I have dreamt of this day ever since Sophomore Year.”

Mr. Sullivan stood and patted Jason on the back.
“Jason I am truly happy Morgan is dating you. You make me proud to know that I raised her well.”
“Thank you so very much sir, I will not let you down.” Jason said as he exited Morgan’s house and drove home.

Fall of 2005
Three Months Later

Jason drove to Morgan’s house and rang the doorbell, ring at the ready. Morgan answered the door and saw Jason standing there.
“Ready to go?” Morgan asked.
“Yep! One second,” Jason said, getting down on one knee, “Morgan Violet Sullivan, I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?” He said as he opened the ring box.

Morgan stood, speechless, but only for a second.
“Of course I will!” Morgan yelled, jumping into his arms. Jason carried her inside.
“Mom! Great news!” Morgan yelled.

Morgan’s Father stood, smiling, next to his wife.
“Congratulations you two,” Both her parents said in unison, “We wish you the best.”

Jason grabbed Morgan’s things and put them in his car and they drove off to Dreamfield College in Georgia.

10 Months Later, Summer 2006
One Week before the Wedding

Jason exited his Creative Writing class room and saw Morgan waving in his direction. Jason waved back and pulled his black laptop case up on his shoulders. He shuffled through the freshly cut grass to the parking lot, where Morgan awaited him. He and Morgan were headed back to Ohio to finish the final preparations for the wedding.
“Excited?” Jason asked Morgan as they pulled from the campus parking lot.
“More than anything,” Morgan told him and Jason kissed her, “And to think we are only going to be sophomores.”
“I know right?! Never too young if it’s love though, right?”
“Yes sir!” Morgan was beaming now. They both were.
Silence filled the small car once they hit Tennessee. Neither of them were quite sure why, they had just run out of things to talk about. This seemed to happen with Jason and Morgan frequently.
“Do you happen to have a job?” Morgan suddenly questioned.
“I think I’m gonna’ start working for my Father with whatever he does.”
“You don’t know what he does?” Morgan asked for some sort of clarification.
“He hasn’t really talked about it. All I know is that it has something to do with trying to track people’s dreams in their sleep.” Jason looked out at the mountains surrounding them.
“That’s kind of weird, has his company made any progress?”
“I don’t know. But it pays well I would assume so I need to check it out.”
“Yeah,” Morgan sighed as she laid her head on Jason’s shoulder, “I’m sure Jeff will give you a job, I mean, you are his son after all.”
“Let’s hope so.” Jason answered.
Jason and Morgan arrived in Madeira Ohio at 10pm and Jason drove Morgan home, and then returned to his own house. The next morning, Jason walked downstairs to find his Father reading the newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee.
“The wedding is this week Dad.” Jason announced.
“Mmhmm,” His Father mumbled through the steaming cup. “Are you and your pals going out for your bachelors’ party?”
“No, I was actually hoping you could show me what it is you do at work.”
“Really?” Jeff exclaimed, “Why the sudden interest?”
“I need a job, Dad, there’s got to be something I can do there.”
“Sure, son. Ok, we’ll go. You’ll finally get to meet the guys.”
“Guys?”
“My employees, son. And you may soon be one of them.” Jeff added.
“So Dad, what is it exactly that you do there?”
“Well, we are all oneirologists, or ‘Dream Scientists’. We study everything we can about dreams. We also study the desires of the human mind and/or heart.”
“So do you just get volunteer subjects to spend the night at your workplace?” Jason asked.
“We are still in the beginning stages, so we are currently working on animals.” Jeff clarified.
“Do they actually dream?”
“We haven’t found one yet that does. We start on human subjects in two weeks or so.” Jeff told Jason.
“Oh.”
“Would you like to be the first subject, Jase?”
“I think I’ll pass,” Jason responded reluctantly.
“C’mon, it’ll be fun.” Jeff urged.
“Let’s just see how tomorrow goes.”
“Oh and son? One more thing. You did the right thing choosing Morgan over Jesse.”
“Huh?”
“You made the right choice; Jesse was just bringing you down. Your other friendships started to suffer, at least that’s the way I took it when you told me about how you were losing your friends.”
“Oh, yeah I guess. I’m glad I chose Morgan too.” Jason grinned.
The next morning, Jason heard a few quick knocks on his bedroom door. He rolled from bed, pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and opened the door.
“All set to go?” Jeff asked him.
“Yeah,” Jason said, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
Jeff and Jason drove to Jeff’s workplace at 2009 Split Road. When they arrived, Jason followed his Father into the secure building through a revolving door. Jason watched silently as a glass tube came down around his Father.
“Security precautions,” His father informed him.
Jason stood still like a statue as a tube came down around him as well. He felt a tingling sensation as his turtle necklace; phone, mp3 player, and wallet were sucked out of his pockets.
“What is going on, Dad?” Jason asked, while reaching up trying to grab his now floating devices.
“It’s just security; you will get it all back when you leave.”
“They didn’t take your stuff,” Jason exclaimed.
“I’m the owner of the company, Jason, please don’t argue about it.”
“But I’m your son.”
“Just follow protocol, Jase.”
‘Whatever.” Jason forced as the tube was lifted from around him.

Phoebepoet said...
May 26, 2013 at 11:18 pm:
I liked what the book was about but I thought you jumped around way to much.

crazygirl11 said...
Felt like i was there with them. Great details. Sounds like it could be real. Hope theres a second one

shariccie said...
i love this story! couldn't take my eyes of the pages! great job.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm :
thank you so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
this was a really good story! great job!

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
thanks a bunchhh :)

shariccie said...
this sounds like a really interesting book. can't wait to read it!

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am:
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
yep! haha its tough but ill keep trying to write it...im still thinking of ideas to finish it up with haha

xinnocentx replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:02 pm :
lol well i like it so keep it up :D

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm :
i shall! thanks a bunch!!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm :
ur very welcome. i really enjoy your storied ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm :
thanks :) seriously u r one of the reasons i write haha thanks for the support and admiration :)

xinnocentx replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm :
awwwww i feel so special.... and im glad i do.... hahah for my own selfish reasons of being entertained with your work. :) jk...well sort of.

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:08 pm :
hahaha kk :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm :
xD ummmm ..... how long have you been writing for? (did i ask b4?? if i did...i forgot)

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm :
it's been sooooo long since I've been on here! haha sorry i have been writing for almost four years :) wbu?

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:57 am :
hahahahha no need to apologize. Same thing with me hvnt been on for a long time.... and i just write when i feel like it. I was thinking about posting something .... from a while bakk... but  i noticed i couldnt find anything -________- soooo.... i shall wen i find it all hahahhaha. =] hope u been good. ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:13 am :
o ok cool! find it! i wanna read soething of yours! haha and yes i have...just busy with college stuff hahaha

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:46 am :
Tell me about it. i started college about 5 months ago and yes it takes up a lot of ur time =] so i kno.  What are you studying for?? lol ill try to find em. but theyr so.... childish. they were from a while bak. and i havnt really had time or any sort of insperation lately....so dont expect anything spectacular. =p