New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Chapter Three

2003

When Jason started dating Morgan, his whole outlook on life changed. The darkness in his life was smothered by the shining light in Morgan’s life. Every time Jason saw Morgan, his face lit up like the sun. All his troubles seemed to fade away. All the problems in his life melted. He was transfixed.
“Wanna’ hang out tonight?” He asked Morgan on the phone that night.
“Sure!”

Jason drove to Morgan’s house and picked her up.
‘Have you thought about our past any?” Morgan asked him, fixing her hair in the mirror.

“First of all, your hair is beautiful any way you where it, it makes no difference to me. You are phenomenal just the way you are. And yes, I have, I remember it in bits and pieces the more I think about it.”

Morgan smiled and looked at him out of the corner of her eye.
“What?” Jason asked her.
“Thanks,” She smiled playfully. “And nothing ha-ha.”
“I love you Morgan,” He said suddenly. That sort of caught her off guard, but she smiled again.
“What?” Jason asked and he looked at her.

“I think you’re cute, that’s what.”
“Oh, is that it?” Jason reached his hand toward hers and she gripped it.

“We’ve only been going out a couple weeks, Jase. Don’t you think it’s a little soon?”

Jason remembered the same conversation he had with Jesse two years ago. This wasn’t going quite as smooth.

“Do you not love me back?” Jason asked her.

“I just think it’s too soon. There is definitely something there though, I feel it.” Morgan moved the hair out of her eyes.

Jason finally relaxed. That wasn’t exactly what he had planned on hearing, but it was better than rejection. Anything was. Especially from the girl of his dreams and past. Jason could not get her out of his mind, and for good reason, because he didn’t want to. Everything he thought about was somehow connected to her.
“So I’m thinking that we go sit by the creek behind your house if you’re ok with that.” Jason suggested.

“I’d love that. I remember when our parents got us on tape by the creek when we were younger. Remember that kiss they got on tape?” Morgan asked, almost laughing now.

“Yeah! That was by the creek right?”
“Yep!”

That got them both laughing now. They had had some good times when they were younger. The best of times. As they got older, their love for one another blossomed into such a deep bond, that when Morgan moved away, it ripped them apart, leaving them to pick up the pieces.

They were now back together and Jason didn’t want to lose her again.
“I’m sorry.” Jason looked at the road.
“What for?”
“Saying the ‘L’ word.”
“Jase, don’t worry about it. I don’t doubt my feelings for you. I just don’t think ‘Love’ is right at this point in our relationship. It just wouldn’t be healthy for us.”

Morgan laid her head on his shoulder and Jason looked at her.
“I missed you Morgan, I thought I had lost you for good.” Jason began tearing up.
“I missed you too, Jase.” Morgan began to tear up as well.

They turned around and went back to Morgan’s to sit by the creek.
“Jason Cooper.” Morgan’s Father said as they walked through the door.
“Mr. Sullivan.” Jason smiled as he shook Morgan’s Father’s hand.
“It’s been far too long.”
“It has, sir, it has.” Jason smiled again.

“How are the folks?”
“They’re good. Would you like their number so you guys can catch up?”
“That’d be great.”

Jason gave his parents number to him and he and Morgan walked out to her backyard. The birds were chirping in the now evening sky. An orange tint illuminated the sky behind the tall green trees that lined the back of Morgan’s house.

“It’s amazing.” Jason said, putting his arm around Morgan. This moment was bringing back the childhood they had cherished so much.

“It’s been forever Jase, I missed this.” Morgan squeezed his hand.
“Same here, more than anything.”

2009, Present Day

Jason screamed as Morgan was thrown to the hard tile floor. She looked helplessly at Jason for comfort. But none came as she was dragged into the next room over. Jason watched as Morgan fell from being hit in the face.
“Stop! I’ll do anything!!” Jason yelled at the top of his lungs.
Three men. That’s all there is, Jason thought, I could easily take them. He looked frantically around the room. He was looking for anything he could use as a weapon. A pipe was lying against the wall in the corner. It was barely visible in the dimly lit room.
Now he had to get out of the ropes that bound him. He began to wiggle his hands, trying anything and everything to free himself. Now is the time for payback.

2001

Jesse stroked Jason’s arm as her parents drove them to a concert they were going to.
“What’s wrong?” Jesse asked.
“Nothing, just thinking.”
“What about?”
Jason didn’t like it when Jesse asked what he was thinking about. He hated it. It was his brain and she had no right to know what he was thinking. It’s his business, so why should she care? It was one thing that really got on Jason’s nerves.
“Nothing, Jesse.”
“Jason…”
“What?”
“I know what we did was wrong, but we have to live with it.” Jesse assured him.
Jason said nothing. He and Jesse had gone too far. They had played with things meant to go on during marriage. Jason hated lust and hormones…they made him do crazy things. He needed someone that he could love through anything and everything, and Jesse was not that person, even though at one point in time, he believed it.
“Jason…”
“Jesse stop. Let’s get through this without talking about it. I am trying to forget what we did, and you trying to bring it up isn’t helping.” Jason confessed.
“We have to talk about it sometime.”
“Stop. We are done with this conversation.”
Things went on like this between Jason and Jesse for two years, resulting in them breaking up. That was when Jason met Morgan, the girl he had been longing for the whole time. He realized she had always been on his mind, even when he was dating Jesse. Yes, it’s wrong, but it’s the truth, He told himself. Jason wanted to do something about it, so he broke up with Jesse and began to move on with his life. It was in early 2003 that he met Morgan, the girl of his dreams.
All along, Jason had been chasing her. All along, he had been wanting to be with her. His wish kept evading him the whole time he dated Jesse. It was his wish to be with Morgan. His dream was to marry Morgan Sullivan.
However, something was still holding him back from Morgan. He didn’t know what that one final thing was yet, though.
Overcome with both happiness and adrenaline, Jason broke through the ropes that bound his arms. He stood and walked to the corner to get the pipe. Now to save my wife, He thought.

PhoebepoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26, 2013 at 11:18 pm:
I liked what the book was about but I thought you jumped around way to much.

crazygirl11 said...
Felt like i was there with them. Great details. Sounds like it could be real. Hope theres a second one

shariccie said...
i love this story! couldn't take my eyes of the pages! great job.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm :
thank you so much!

Bookworm1998 said...
this was a really good story! great job!

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
thanks a bunchhh :)

shariccie said...
this sounds like a really interesting book. can't wait to read it!

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am:
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
yep! haha its tough but ill keep trying to write it...im still thinking of ideas to finish it up with haha

xinnocentx replied...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:02 pm :
lol well i like it so keep it up :D

SabreEleven replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm :
i shall! thanks a bunch!!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm :
ur very welcome. i really enjoy your storied ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm :
thanks :) seriously u r one of the reasons i write haha thanks for the support and admiration :)

xinnocentx replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm :
awwwww i feel so special.... and im glad i do.... hahah for my own selfish reasons of being entertained with your work. :) jk...well sort of.

SabreEleven replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:08 pm :
hahaha kk :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 6:40 pm :
xD ummmm ..... how long have you been writing for? (did i ask b4?? if i did...i forgot)

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm :
it's been sooooo long since I've been on here! haha sorry i have been writing for almost four years :) wbu?

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:57 am :
hahahahha no need to apologize. Same thing with me hvnt been on for a long time.... and i just write when i feel like it. I was thinking about posting something .... from a while bakk... but  i noticed i couldnt find anything -________- soooo.... i shall wen i find it all hahahhaha. =] hope u been good. ^-^

SabreEleven replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:13 am :
o ok cool! find it! i wanna read soething of yours! haha and yes i have...just busy with college stuff hahaha

xxinnocentxx replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:46 am :
Tell me about it. i started college about 5 months ago and yes it takes up a lot of ur time =] so i kno.  What are you studying for?? lol ill try to find em. but theyr so.... childish. they were from a while bak. and i havnt really had time or any sort of insperation lately....so dont expect anything spectacular. =p