Chasing Dreams - Part One

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Chapter One

June 2009, Present Day

“Talk!” A burly man yelled to Jason Cooper, shoving his head under water again. “Where is she?!”
“I will never—!” And Jason’s head was forced back into the tank, harder this time.

Jason Cooper was captured by his superiors and they were trying to find his wife, but Jason wouldn’t tell them.

Morgan Cooper, wife of Jason, walked into their house and saw a note lying on the floor.
“Morgan I am about to be taken…get away as fast as you can. They will be coming for you too.” And the writing trailed off the page.

2003, Six Years Ago
Sophomore Year

Jason Cooper shut his locker and walked to his first period class. It was the first day of school. A new girl caught his eye almost immediately. He stood, frozen, not knowing what to do.
“Would you like any help?” She asked him, smiling lightly.
“No, sorry, um…” He stuttered, “I’m Jason.” He extended his hand.
“Morgan,” She said, gripping his hand. She is amazing, Jason thought to himself.

That was when things changed. He began to have thoughts that hadn’t penetrated his complex mind since he had begun to date his first girlfriend, Jesse.

8th Grade Year, 2001

Jesse Nickson and Jason Cooper began dating on December 5th, 2001. It was a snowy day at Cassie Venemeyer’s house when emotions in Jesse and Jason’s hearts sparked. They began dating and it was in 2002 that everything between them changed. Jesse and Jason began to drift apart. It was when Jason met Morgan in 2003 that his heart became linked with hers immediately even though she didn’t know it. At least until they were dating. They were bonded together for life when they locked eyes with each other on the first day of Sophomore Year.

2003

“So I have a random thought, Jason.” Morgan said.
“Yes ma’am?”
She smiled at that.
“You look awfully familiar, like we used to know each other when we were kids.”
“Huh?” Jason was confused.
“Seriously, like I think we were neighbors or something.”
“Um…I’ll have to check with the ‘rents, but I have no idea. I’ll text you tonight.” Jason kissed Morgan and she got out of the car and walked up to her house in Madeira, Ohio.
Thoughts of Jason’s past began jumping around in his mind. A memory of him sitting next to Morgan next to a big tree in a park presented itself. It was something he didn’t even remember having. Almost like when he dated Jesse, everything with Morgan disappeared. But now his feelings for Morgan were there. But were they returning as if they had never really been gone before? He didn’t know.
Jason walked into his house and began to chat with his parents.
“So, do we know anyone with the last name Sullivan?” Jason jumped right into it.
“Yeah we do. They were friends of ours when you were much younger. Don’t you remember Morgan? You two used to love each other.”
Whoa…love? Jason smiled at that.
“I think she goes to my school…” Jason spat out.
“Since when? Why didn’t you tell us?!” his Mother asked in a heightened voice.
“Today…she’s in a few of my classes.”
“That’s great honey!” His Mother yelled.
“I think so as well.” Jason smiled.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

This book has 54 comments. Post your own now!

xxinnocentxx said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:14 am
yeay i finished :D lol it was really good. i liked it.....n u sed ther was a 2nd part rite??

SabreEleven replied...
i bet it will be spectacular! haha and i wanna be an english teacher and a minor in creative writing if i can :) wbu?

xxinnocentxx replied...
hahahahaha xD lier!!! ur just sayn tht. and idk wat i wanna do with my life rite now.... im going for business adminstration and if things go well maybe ill try opening a restaraunt or something idk... but chyea. lol we'll see wher i get.

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:42 am
im not lying! haha and thats cool life decisions are tough!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:44 am
hahahha okay ur not lying... *coffliercoff* sorry u kno its cold im getting sick. hahahah...and yes they are tought but im sure ill get thru it...if not ill go visit the english teacher for help (hint, hint u) x) lol jk

SabreEleven replied...
u will get thru it, tough times always get better :) and thanks hahaha

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:22 am
thank u very much for that and lets hope so... xD so r u working to be a teacher rite now??

SabreEleven replied...
yep! really really wanting to be! it'd be great i think!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:20 am
i wish u the best of luck. . .  hahaha english teacher/ famous author one day xD

SabreEleven replied...
why thank you :) ill have to mention you in a foreward of one of my books :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
hahah oh thank you, no need for that lol but i am flattered... u kno, would u happen to have a facebook?

SabreEleven replied...
yep :) joshua carpenter, madeira Ohio :) u?

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:22 am
also my goal is to submit the second part of Chasing Dreams onto teenink by January 10th or so. I am in the final stages of writing it!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:36 am
ima try looking u up x) and thats kool oh ive noticed uve posted a lot more too :) i read a few. ^-^ im serious u got some..idk talent? creativity, or both hahaha

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:49 am
thanks so much! when I get feedback like that, it's what I live to write for! haha it's a fuel I guess :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:58 am
yeayz x3 hahahah now u have no excuse not to finish by jan 10 =D

SabreEleven replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:09 am
this is true! haha im on a roll tho, i had no inspiration there for like two weeks!

xxinnocentxx replied...
Well atleasgt u got it back and thats what counts.

SabreEleven replied...
this is true! haha :)

xxinnocentxx replied...
lol Well i wish u the best of luck. Since ur so young and already so talented lolz. My friend is too.... i love her poems, she made one that actually brought tears to my eyes. haha i think u guys are so lucky

SabreEleven replied...
why thank you :) and to u as well! it just takes that one tiny baby step to get ur writing out there and once it's out, it will soar!