The Forgotten

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Chapter 2 : An Unfamiliar Room

“Keep heading straight for 0.5 miles. Turn left on exit 14.”

* * *
"Turn left in 1 minute."

* * *
“Approaching final destination.”

* * *

“Go back to sleep, you're a safe.”

* * *

When I woke, I felt disoriented, scared but mostly in pain. My head – well, I'm not even going to talk about it. My body... an example :get run over by a truck 100 times and ask an elephant to sit on you. Finally,
(Reposting edited chapter)
multiply the pain by a million. Yeah, that's just about how I felt at the moment. But forget that part. The most pressing feeling was that of disorientation. The last thing that I could remember was a falling sensation, into a never ending cold pit, darkness surrounding me, engulfing me. Now I found myself in a small, bare room. No furniture, not even a bed. This was my definition of a cell. A feeling of dread and anxiety gained me but I felt strangely calm as well. As if this wasn't happening to me, but another. I was viewing things from a different perspective than my own. As I surveyed the room, I noticed the only source of light was cast from a lightbulb hanging from the celling, held together by some duck tape. No windows. That narrowed down my non-existent escape plan. My eyes were drawn to an imposing gray trap. Was that the door ? If I was to guess, I'd say it was made of iron, or some kind of invincible material. Great, my chances were looking slimmer and slimmer.
Before I could truly start to panic I stood up, gently in case I lost my balance. However, both my legs seemed to work fine, fortunately. Maybe slightly wobbly but nothing drastic. I slowly made my way to the door and tried finding any sort of knob. Nothing. It must lock from the outside then. Not a very big surprise, in all honesty. I sank back down to the floor which was carpeted. Where was I ? In a room, that I was certain of, maybe in a safe house ? Why was I even here to begin with, when I should be with my friends at the mall. What time was it, had anyone noticed I had disappeared ? But the real question didn't concern my location or why, I could work that out later, the problem was who had done this ? What did they want from me, of all people ? Then it hit me. Adrian ! His cold hands wrapped tightly around my throat, cutting off my air. I'd been kidnapped. Me, Leah Mortel, a nobody, just another face in the crowd.
Now I found myself in the hands of a crazy man, who might even be a serial killer, or a rapist. Someone who had some serious problems. He could be part of a human trafficking cartel for all I knew. What was he going to do to me ? And god ! His eyes... White ! I was hyperventilating. Take deep breaths, Leah. Freaking out won't help solve anything. I tried to soothe myself. I needed to find a reasonable explanation. Maybe he had contacts ? He was nuts after all, so it wouldn't be the least he was capable of. If I got away nobody would believe me. In case I actually made it out, there was a slim chance that I would be able of describing him to the police. His face was to normal to identify, he had no striking features, like a scar. He was handsome, yes, very much so but also ordinary. His name probably wasn't even Adrian. Who would give away their name ? Unless they didn't expect you to make it out alive.
I sat up, shaking off that horrible thought and pushed myself into a position that didn't hurt as much. For the first time since I'd woken, I felt the overwhelming urge to cry. Once the first tear slid down my cheek, I couldn't stop the rest from following. I cried for hours, calling out the names of my parents and my brother, wishing, hoping, for someone to save me from this dreadful nightmare. But as frightened, confused and mad as I felt, I was also glad Adrian couldn't see me like this.

This book has 25 comments. Post your own now!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this story. You do need to revise a few things though. You have a few comma splices--joining two sentences together. Also, I would advise expanding a bit more on the emotional side of your character. Sometimes, she doesn't seem as freaked out as I would have thought. But the story itself is pretty interesting; I can't wait until you post some more. I want to know more about the characters! And I love the whole spin you put on vampires and zombies! Very well done overall! :)
RockGirl182 replied...
Thank you Garnet77. The next chapter is going to be under another character's point of view... so keep reading ! 
eMiLyP said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:44 am
This is a really good story! I love how suspenseful it is. I really hope you write more because I would be interested in reading it if you did! Great work!
RockGirl182 replied...
Thank you, the next chapters are pending approval, so come back to check it out soon :) I'm going to write much more, I have it all planed out but my chapters are very short so it might take a while. 
eMiLyP replied...
Yay! I can't wait!