Stuck Between Two

Author's note: Came up with the inspiration when I went beach camping last summer.
Author's note: Came up with the inspiration when I went beach camping last summer.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Next »

Out To Sea

Chapter 6 I woke up and I couldn’t believe I had slept ten straight hours without waking up once. That hadn’t happened in a very long time. To my biggest surprise, I had fallen asleep with Zack next to me, but he wasn’t there when I woke up. I was still in my shorts and tank top from the bon fire last night. I had a dream about you last night. It was a pretty weird dream. Zack was in it too. He played the role of my boyfriend. You didn’t like it one bit. But you were trying your hardest to be as happy as you possibly could be for me. Even though you wanted me back so badly. But I didn’t want you back. I wouldn’t take you back. But that’s when I finally made the decision that I was going to see you again. Just to see what you’d say. I got off the bed and went to the bathroom. As I was about to open the door, Zack walked out of the door with a towel over his neck and shoulders. He was sort of caught by surprise but never the less smiled that adorable smile of his. “Hello beautiful,” he said. That made my whole face entirely red. “Hello handsome, how’d you sleep?” I asked. “Amazing. What about you?” “Fantastic!” We both laughed and he gave me a kiss on the forehead. “Did you just get out of the shower?” I asked. “I did. Were you about to take one?” “Yeah.” He handed me his towel. “That’s the only one left. It’s still clean. The rest are in the washer.” I folded it over my arm and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll be right out,” I said, walking in the door as he walked out, and then closed the door behind me. My shower didn’t last long. I made it as quick as possible so I could get back to Zack. Something about today seemed different then all the rest. Maybe it’s because he kissed me for the first time last night. Or maybe it’s because he told me how he really feels and now I know that maybe he could be something more than a friend. Because all the feelings I got when he kissed me felt completely right. And I wanted to feel them again. Just as I was going back to my room to change my clothes, I heard a loud noise coming from downstairs. I raced down in my towel and once I hit the floor on the first level, I heard a big “F***!” I raced to the kitchen and saw Zack leaning over the sink with running water over his hand. I went over to stand beside him to see what had happened. When I looked down at his hand, it was completely bloody. “Zack what happened?” I asked furiously. “I f*ing stabbed myself with the goddamn knife!” he yelled. “How did you manage that?” “Trying to cut the turkey to make lunch for us.” I tucked the end of my towel into the inside of my towel and reached my hands over to Zack’s to help him with his hand. “Here, let me help you.” I led him over to the dining table and made him sit in a chair. “Put pressure on this for a second,” I told him. I went over to the medicine cabinet where he kept the first aid kit and pulled it out. I took out the wrap and bandages and something to clean off the blood. I got back over to him and began fixing up his hand. That first aid class I took in school really paid off at times like these. “Thanks,” he said with a light smile. I looked up at him and smiled too, “You’re welcome.” It cleaned up pretty well and he let me do what I had to do without saying a word. He just sat there and watched. “Done,” I said. He lifted my chin up and gave me a soft kiss. “You’re amazing,” he said. I smiled. “Thanks.” I put the things away and he got back to making us lunch. I ran upstairs to go put some clean clothes on so I wouldn’t be walking around in a towel. A thought or memory of you hasn’t popped up in my head since I’ve been staying with Zack. Not that I never thought of you, because I hadn’t forgot you, but I haven’t had any flashbacks of us recently. Part of that I can imagine would be Zack takes all the pain, frustration, memories and fear away from me. When I’m with him, I feel at ease. Like nothing else matters. Like no one else matters. And that’s part of what I love about being with him. A while later, nearly twenty minutes of getting ready, I jolted back down the stairs. I heard no yelling or screaming, which means all signs well, Zack hadn’t cut his self with a knife again. As I reached the kitchen, I saw a cooler sitting on the counter but Zack wasn’t in sight. I gave a quick peek inside the cooler and saw a two people lunch course in it. I heard a throat clear and I quickly shut the cooler. I looked up and saw Zack standing there with his arms crossed. “Excuse me miss,” he said. I raised an eyebrow. “Yes?” I replied. He came over to me and snatched the cooler from the counter. “Come on, let’s go,” he said as he took me by my hand and led me out front to his car. “Where are we going?” I asked. “Oh, you’ll see.” He backed out of the driveway and slowly sped up to a constant speed. All eyes were on the road. Both hands on the wheels. His band aid looked a little bloody. “Zack, don’t you think you should go to the ER and get that cut checked out? It’s still bleeding,” I say. He quickly glanced at me and smiled. “I’ll be fine,” he said. “Are you sure?” I asked. The cut was deep. He had basically cut into his flesh. “Yeah. It’ll heal on its own,” he says reassuring. I shrugged it off. He was a tough guy. I’m sure he could handle it. We weren’t driving the same direction we drove the last time I was in the car with him. A lot of what we’ve done together has been here or within walking distance. He’s even taken me on a bike ride along the coast. It was scary at first but very beautiful and relaxing. He had just wanted to take me out for the day. Not that he hadn’t taken me out before but this time it was different. He got me involved. And then we had lunch from a taco stand and surprisingly it was delicious. And then we cooked dinner at home and watched movies together. Where he was taking me now was already a ten minute drive. “Are we almost there?” I asked. “Yeah, we’re here,” he said as he pulled into a boat dock parking lot. “You have a boat?” I asked. He didn’t say anything. He showed the guy at the parking stand his pass and the man let him pass through. Zack found a parking space and once he turned off the car he jumped out of it with the cooler in his bad hand. I jumped out right after him and he took my hand. We passed by tons of boats. Some were absolutely gorgeous and some looked like they shouldn’t even be running anymore. The boats had ridiculous names but one that really stood out to me was Novella. And that’s the boat that Zack took me to. “Novella, beauty, I’ve missed you so much,” Zack announced as he approached the boat. “Novella. Such a beautiful name,” I say. He set the cooler down and helped me up the ladder. “Here she is,” Zack said with a pleasant smile. “It is yours?” I asked. “Family’s’. But I take it out a lot more than anyone else has.” “Do you take every girl you meet on lunch dates on your boat?” He laughed. “You would be the first girl that’s not in my family that has ever been on this boat, honestly.” I felt special. To be the first girl to have ever been on this boat that wasn’t family. I felt special to be taken out to a picnic lunch, with Zack. Anyone else it probably wouldn’t have mattered. But this was Zack I was talking about. He was someone worth being with. Worth loving. “Well that’s very sweet,” I said with a smile. “To be honest, you’re the first girl I’ve actually liked this much, or at all, since my senior year of high school. I’ve hung out with other girls, kissed them. But never got into anything serious just because I didn’t like them.” This definitely showed that he was more than worth loving. “Wow. Well, you’re the first since last summer for me, too. I had a terrible senior year to be honest. So much happened.” Zack still didn’t know anything about you. Or the baby. He still didn’t need to know. I still didn’t feel like telling him. Just yet. “Why, what happened? If I may ask.” His question took me by surprise. I mean, I at least should have figured he was going to ask me why it was terrible, but I had no idea how I was going to answer it. I guess I could tell him how the year just dreaded on, but wasn’t everyone’s senior year supposed to be amazing? “Just so many things to choose from. I worked really hard for that scholarship to Pacific Valley but I’m having such a hard time deciding if I want to go.” He sort of frowned when I mentioned that. I know he’d like me to go. Because it would mean we get to see each other through the school year and we’d be close to each other. But the only thing stopping me from going was still you. You shouldn’t be the reason why I hold myself back from doing anything. But you are. And for some reason, after all that happened, I still can’t seem to let you go. “Well, you should go. I mean, it’s totally up to you. Like I’ve said, it’s a great school. But I support you in whatever you choose to do,” he says. His reply took me by surprise. He was leaving me with a lot of surprising responses. I appreciated the fact that he would support my decisions. And after thinking about it for a quick second, I know that if I didn’t go to Pacific Valley, I’d regret it. And I knew I wouldn’t be alone. “Thank you Zack, I appreciate that. Don’t worry, I’ve still been thinking long and hard about going. I’m pretty sure I will.” His smile returned to his face. That adorable smile that always left me speechless. “Good. So, have you ever been on a boat before?” he asks me. “No, I haven’t,” I said. He looked shocked. But it was the honest truth. Nobody I knew had ever had a boat. So I have never been on one before. This would be my first time.” “Wow. Well, welcome to Queen Novella,” he says. He went over to the driver’s seat to start up the boat. Its’ engine roared. “Why is it named Novella?” I asked him. “It’s my great grandmas’ middle name. And novella means long, and my great grandma lived a really long life. She was a hundred and two when she died. So we named it after her.” The outside of the boat was all white. Only half the boat was spaced out for people to sit. The other half was all the hood of the front. “Come on, follow me,” Zack said. He bent down and opened up a door that was on the floor. He went down first, and once he was down, he helped me down. I couldn’t believe my eyes. What he was showing me was completely incredible and beyond me the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I mean, it was beautiful and so amazing. “You have got to be kidding me, a boat house!” I yelled. He chuckled. “Yeah, a boat house. Nice, huh?” he said. “Freakin’ amazing Zack! This is beautiful!” See, this is what I was saying about the rich stuff. His car was gorgeous, his house was gorgeous, he’s gorgeous, and now his boat! “I’m glad you like it.” No joke. There was a bed, a dining table, couches, a little kitchen, a bathroom and plasma screen TVs against the walls! It was like a miniature house. I have never seen anything like it before. A small town girl like me living in a lonely world. I honestly took the midnight train going everywhere since I didn’t have a car. My world was never exposed to anything this fancy. The only fancy I got was my friends’ cars and the beach house. “I more than just like it. I could live in this thing. It has everything!” I proclaimed. He laughed again. I didn’t understand why he found so much humor in what I had to say. “Do you want to stay here tonight?” he asked. I shot my head in his direction. “Are you serious?” I questioned. He nodded. “Yes!” I screamed and ran into his arms and tightened him in a hug. He gently pushed me back to give me a kiss and stupidly I did one of those leg pops that they do in the movies. “Alright, we’ll stay here. Come on,” he says as he goes back over to the ladder. We both get back up to the top deck and he sits in the drivers’ seat, telling me to sit down on one of the couches and hold tight. He steers the boat away from the dock and we slowly move out into the ocean. It was such a beautiful day out. Definitely perfect boat weather, I could imagine. “Just sit back and enjoy yourself Payton,” Zack yells over to me as the boat races to an incredible speed. The wind against my hair, that amazing rush of wind, the whole entire idea of feeling completely free at that moment in time, was just insanely moving to me. Nothing went wrong that whole entire boat ride. Nothing went wrong as we sat there and had lunch together and talked. He made the most delicious turkey sandwiches ever and he had cut up fruit for the both of us to share. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen anyone do. And it made me happy. That night we stayed out on the boat somewhere off in the distance of the shore. That was the second night in a row that I had laid on a bed with him. Zack made me happy. And I knew it. I didn’t want to let him go.

RoseluvsTulips said...
This was a great story! Are there any more chapters after twenty? I hope so because I REALLY want to hear Zack's explanation and see if Brayden ever finds out about Zack and Payton's "relationship".

julialove94 replied...
May 10, 2013 at 1:28 am :
Glad you like it! :) there are more chapters, I even started a second part but I'm not sure it needs a second part, I just haven't really figured it out yet. I got into college and my writing time has gone down hill! I'll be trying to write more this summer though! :)

mkc2727 said...
Sept. 3, 2012 at 12:10 am:
is there anymore???? it was sooooo good keep on wirting.

julialove94 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:45 pm :
There is a few more chapters but I haven't gotten any comments where people still seem interested to I haven't posted any more up. I'm glad you like it though! :)

nemish23 said...
May 18, 2012 at 4:15 am:

please please please please please write more! i love love love love love it!

can't wait to read more!

<3

julialove94 replied...
May 18, 2012 at 11:26 am :
Aw, thank you :) I'm so glad you like it! I have more written, I'm just giving it some time before I add more because it barely just got posted up again a few days ago. I'll add more up on Monday though :)

livelaughlove1234 said...
Oh my goodness i was absolutely glued the whole time!! Fabulous job!! :D

julialove94 replied...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 1:11 am :
Aw thank you so much :) I have another 10 chapters, the book is finished. I'm just debating whether to put the rest up or not; I don't know if I want to.

julialove94 said...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 11:37 am:
Please feel free to leave comments and let me know how I'm doing. I'm starting another story and will be posting the first chapter soon. I would also appreciate feed back on that as well so you guys can let me know how you like my writing! Thank you :)

CresentShadowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yeah, I did read the last chapter you put up. (:

julialove94 replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 2:13 am :
haha okay! I have 8 more chapters written that I haven't put up yet. Im slackin a little haha

CresentShadowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 10:30 am :
Bahaha, its all good. (:

julialove94 replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:34 am :
Alright :) haha

KJAngelAuthor said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 8:39 am:
Reminder to myself. ch. 3. plz reply so i can get an email bout it cuz i luv it n im hurrying cuz the hours almost over. thx!!!

julialove94 replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 11:23 am :
haha okay! Thanks :)

julialove94 replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 11:23 am :
Sorry for the late reply though! hahaha

KJAngelAuthor replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:11 pm :
thanks so much! it's great!

julialove94 replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:33 am :
Aw thank you :) Glad you like it!

LilLover5-15 said...
Omg you have to make more the public demands it!!! LOL :D you should read some of my stories.

julialove94 replied...
Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:27 pm :
Aww hahah thanks! :) More will be up shortly! & I will :)