My Name is B***h

By , Orrville, OH
Author's note: Comment. Please.
Author's note: Comment. Please.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Chapter 1: Just Breath

The young girl’s body rests on the ground. Slowly breathing. In and out, has come to be her new motto. Her way of life. Just breath, she thinks.

Her father, a large man sitting at the kitchen table and few feet adjacent from her, takes a long swig from his Absolut, wiping his meaty hand across his mouth, he smiles, an awful, wicked, horrid smile, right before he brings out the switchblade he had been hiding in his pants pocket.

The young girl
"Jane tenses, but before she can feel the final lines the old man makes, the girl passes out."
doesn’t move. Her father is like a bear; the best way to outwit him is to play dead. The girl is sixteen years old and has been dead most of her life.

Her father wipes the switchblade across his grimy work shirt, a striped blue mechanics shirt with the name Howard stitched on his breast pocket.

She doesn’t move, instead slowing her breathing to a stop. She hopes she can suffocate herself before she has to feel her father use the blade.

“Girl!” That’s all she has ever been to Howard. Never his daughter, never by her name, Jane.

Jane doesn’t move. Her father’s heavy footsteps echo in her ear until her his voice rings through it instead, “I know your awake, girl. You think big ole’ Howie here is stupid, don’t ya?”

She refuses to wrinkle her nose at the breath reeking from the old man’s mouth. Alcohol -ridden.

Howard lifts up Jane’s shirt, just an inch or so above her belly button.

Jane can’t help it. She stiffens at the touch. Her father had never touched her like this; it was always slaps and punches.

Howard lays the blade against the girl’s skin. Flipping it in on each side, “Girl, why don’t you leave?”

Jane doesn’t say anything; she knows its only one of Howard’s very few tricks.

Howard gently turns the blade upright, gliding it in slices down the poor girl’s stomach. “That’s right,” he sings, “because know one wants you. You ugly,” and with each insult he digs the blade deeper throughout each line, “poor, ungrateful, b****.”

Jane tenses, but before she can feel the final lines the old man makes, the girl passes out.

Savannah T. said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 2:02 am:
please write more! you are an amazing writer.

AnonymousOne replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:16 am :
Thank you so much!! This really means a lot!

AnonymousOne said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm:
thank you so much!!!!! I really appreciate this!! more to come soon!

BlackRose55This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:36 pm:
That is horrbile. I mean that in a good way? Its a good story just horrible what happens, and is there more to it?

writerthinkerdreamer said...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:34 pm:
omigods. incredible. sick, horrible, but incredible.