Troubled Love | Teen Ink

Troubled Love

June 2, 2011
By MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
More by this author
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.


Author's note: I hope you guys will know that anyhings possible no matter what. Always keep looking up and well , make the right decisions even if sometimes they hurt you.

I looked down at the very thick pieces of paper that sat upon me, the test that would determine if I was eligible to graduate with my class. I looked up at the clock, 11:15. I had until two o’ clock to finish the fifty questions that are printed in this test. I painfully and slowly opened the test to the first page. I sighed and begun to answer the very first question.

It seemed like days before I finally finished the test, turns out it was only an hour. So instead of getting just one hour of free time we got three or two and a half anyway. This is what I was hoping to avoid, social interaction. I had tons of friends but this class I had one and we weren’t exactly on speaking terms. We had gotten into an argument about something that was completely stupid, a boy. She couldn’t understand that I was trying to help her by telling her to stay away from him. She took it as if I actually wanted him for myself. Eric was the guy that had started it all, the all-American quarter back of Shaw View High. His blonde hair, blue eyes and tanned skin made him the perfect Barbie’s boyfriend. I had no taste in conceded guys like him. Sure he was good looking but I still cared about what was on the inside, and Eric was the every bit of opposite of what I looked for in a guy.

I looked over to where Addison was sitting, all alone. I sighed and got out of my chair and casually walked towards her watching every flicker of emotion crossing her face, anger, and annoyance but also longing and missing. “Addison I don’t want you to be mad at me for trying to look out for you and I definitely don’t want you thinking I like Eric either.” I waited and listened for her reply. She said nothing. I continued to stare at her “Addison?” She sighed and looked up at me with sadden eyes. “You were right about Eric, Avery. I caught him kissing Janet after school in the back when I was heading to softball practice.” My eyes popped wide open; I mean I knew Eric was fast at getting girls but not that fast. I frowned “I didn’t want to be right you know, I would have been happy if he proved me wrong, but…..” I trailed off letting her figure out what I was going to say. She shook her head “I should have listened to you Avery. If I did then I wouldn’t be so miserable right now.” I sighed and then smiled “Want me to punch him for you? Or have Witt beat him up for you in boxing after school?” She smiled “Why not both?” I smiled at her and nodded “Now you’re talking.” As soon as the first bell rung for everyone to get a break we dashed off to find Witt and his crew.

We had found Witt in his usual spot by the water fountain and walked towards him and his crew. From the looks of it he had at least one new member. The guy had dark brown hair and gorgeous hazel eyes that melted into your soul. His jaw line jutted out in curiosity as we approached. “Hey Witt, I got a job for you to do,” I smiled. He smiled “Anything for my sis, so what do you need me to do?” he asked concerned. I smiled “Beat up Eric at boxing practice today after school okay?” he laughed but nodded. “I’m surprised you didn’t want to do that yourself?” I smiled “Oh trust me, I am, soon.” Just then I saw Eric come out of the boys’ bathroom. I quickly got behind him and smiled ready. “Oh Eric!” Addison called out. He turned and was met with a hard fist to the face. I swore I could have heard his nose crack. His nose started bleeding. He looked at me with furious eyes. I simply smiled and waved, I then whispered in his ear. “This is what you get for being a jerk to my best friend.” He looked at me then back at Addison and fumed, he quickly walked away mad that I had ruined his so called perfect face. Witt laughed behind me “Honestly I don’t see why you tell me to do those things, yet your good at it yourself.” I laughed and shrugged. I stole a quick glance towards the guy that lay against the wall. He looked over at me in the same instant. I mentally kicked myself in the head for letting myself get caught. I quickly said goodbye to Witt and grabbed Addison’s arm and hauled her back to Ms.Feathermince class.

Later that day I found myself thinking about the guy I had seen with Witt. He obviously was new but I couldn’t exactly get a read on him, usually I could tell if people were nice, mean, kind or perverted, but him, I was completely blank. He showed no meanness or kindness, he was simply mute. I’d have to ask Witt about him or the curiosity would be too much, I’d go crazy.

Dinner time came and I found myself eating a veggie casserole which looked like big blobs of green. I picked at it in distaste “Umm mom? What exactly is this?” I asked as it slid off my fork. She rolled her eyes “Food.” My nose crinkled “You sure it’s safe to eat it?” I commented. I looked over to my little brother Dawson who was eating it as if it was baked pie that grandma usually made on Christmas. He looked up and there were tons of it all over his face. “Freak” I commented, he looked at me and rolled his eyes. “Steak fingers” I laughed at that. Our family had a way with communicating and if you wanted to put the middle finger up you said steak fingers, but we never really meant it, we’d always be joking, like I knew Dawson was joking now. I looked down at my plate again “Umm I think I’ll pass on the….green glob ok?” My mother frowned but nodded and let me leave the table. I quickly ran up the stairs and locked the door behind me. I looked around and found my duffel bag that contained my bikini and shorts and a loose fitting tank top. Today was an all seniors sneak out day, even the parents knew about it so they wouldn’t ground us when we got back, well, depending on what we did at the party. I quickly opened the window and threw the bag out of the two story window. There was a vine ladder on the side that I would use to get down. I quickly climbed down and grabbed the duffel bag. Figuring that the party by the lake was only three blocks away and taking the car would be a bad choice I decided to walk.


Walking wasn’t probably my best choice because I was already tired after the first block. I had forgotten that the blocks contained twenty houses on each block. I sighed and continued to walk slowly towards the lake were cool water would welcome me. “Hey,” I quickly turned and saw that it was the guy that was with Witt. “Umm hi” I said looking at him. He had a duffel bag as well and seemed to be walking also. “Did you walk from your house?” I asked. He looked at his duffel bag and smiled. “Yeah seems like I’m not the only one that wants his car to get trashed.” I smiled and nodded “Yeah that’s because I’m smart.” He laughed; it was a laugh that made my knees almost buckle under me. “So umm what’s your name?” I asked looking at him. “Nancy” I looked at him and found it hard to not laugh. “Umm that’s a very….interesting name.” He laughed “I was actually kidding, my name isn’t really Nancy. If it was I wouldn’t have told you, I’d be too embarrassed.” I laughed and nodded “So what is your real name?” He smiled “What’s yours?” I looked at him “What do you think it is?” He seemed to think for a moment. “Beth?” My nose crinkled “No way” he looked down at the ground and started pacing forward. I walked with him “Ok I give up I can’t think of a name.” I smiled “You never would have guessed it anyway, it’s Avery.” He smiled “My names Blake.” I nodded. We walked together in an awkward silence all the way to the party.


We arrived at the party no later than seven o’clock and we could see that most people had already gotten a buzz or were already drunk. I saw Addison a couple of feet away sitting around a campfire with the ugliest guy I had ever seen in my life. I quickly walked over to her and snatched her quickly away from him. “Hey what are you doing!” she said. I could tell she had a buzz going on because she was already slurring her words. “Saving you from something that you would regret later,” She rolled her eyes “Take another look at him Addison, I mean really look at him.” She looked at him and I could see that she was straining to see clearly. After a couple of moments her eyes popped open wide “Oh wow what was I thinking.” I shook my head “That’s the point, you weren’t thinking.” I looked around and found Witt with some girls and some of his friends around another campfire. I walked over to him and smiled “Hey Witt,” he looked up and smiled “Hey Avery, glad you could make it.” I smiled back and looked at Addison who was talking to a tree. I shook my head “Hey umm can you keep an eye out for Addison? She umm needs to be looked out for, if you know what I mean,” He looked at Addison also and nodded “Yeah sure, hey have you met Blake?” he said gesturing to him on his right. I nodded “Yeah, I walked with him on the way over here.” Witt looked at Blake and then back at me, his left eyebrow raised “Not what you think” I added. He grinned and nodded “Come hang out with us then, were going for a swim in a minute.” I smiled, I’d forgotten that swimming was the only reason I came. I was a fish when I was in the water; I never wanted to get out. “Ok, hey did you bring your car? I need to change into my bathing suit.” He nodded and got out his keys. He handed them to me and pointed to the Far East were hardly no one was at. I nodded thanks and grabbed my duffel bag and walked towards the car.


Changing in a car was hard, especially if sometimes people would try to peek in. It was a good thing that it was almost dark and the windows were tinted. I quickly pulled on my Bikini and got out of the car. I was glad that my tan had stayed from last year at the pool. It was a decent tan and it was better then being as white as a sheet. I adjusted my bikini and walked towards the group were Witt was at. Witt had already changed into his Shorts and so did everyone else, to my surprise Addison was to. Blake was impressively muscular, he wasn’t humongous like most guys would try to get but under his tanned skin you could see a lot of forms of muscles. He looked at me and I quickly looked away trying hard to focus on what Witt was saying to us. That was a difficulty. I walked with Addison who had seemed to quickly get over her Buzz. We walked on the dock and everyone stopped. “So who wants to go first?” Witt asked turning towards us. I smiled and ran forward pushing myself off the deck and entering with a perfect dive. The water felt refreshing and surprisingly average temperature. I heard splashes after me and smiled. I broke through the surface and looked around. Everyone was in except Blake. I swam towards him “What are you waiting for?” I asked looking at him. He smiled “Just wanted to see everyone else go in first I guess.” I raised an eyebrow towards him “Well then come on.” He seemed to hesitate for a moment but finally slipped in. His body tensed as he got waist high in the water. “Umm you sure you know how to swim.” I asked reaching a hand out instinctively towards him as if he would go under any minute. He smiled “I know how to swim it’s just I don’t really like to.” I was dumbfounded “Then why did you come to the lake?” He shrugged but continued to go deeper into the water. I hovered over him still just in case. He looked back at me and shook his head smiling. He suddenly went under and I screamed in fright. I quickly went under water to search for him and saw nothing. I went back up for air and then back down again. There was nothing, he was gone like he vanished out of thin air. I felt something grab my legs and screamed. I felt it drag me under water and I kicked feebly trying to escape its grasp. It suddenly pushed me forward and I inhaled the air that my lungs desperately needed. Behind me was Blake. I scowled at him “What the heck!? Why did you try to drown me?” He made a confused face and looked at me “I wasn’t trying to drown you. I was up here the whole time, when I came back up I couldn’t find you.” I looked at him even more confused this time. A couple of feet away I heard a laugh; I looked to find that it was Eric. I glared at him and knew instantly that it was Eric who had tried to drown me. I quickly got out of the lake and stalked towards him furious. He was with a bunch of girls and I could see that he was clearly still wet. “Leave!” I growled to the girls. They quickly scurried off taking a second look back at us. Once we were alone I let it all out “What the hell did you do that for! Sure I punched you but jeez I never thought you would sneak up on me and try to drown me! Honestly, I always thought you were a coward but this drops it to a whole other level.” He smirked “You went for a cheap shot that doesn’t exactly count and another thing,” he got closer to me “What are you going to do about it.” I stepped back and quickly swung my right arm towards his face. He ducked and shouldered me. The air that was in my lungs quickly fled out and I felt no air rushing back in. I lay flat on the ground gasping for the air that needed to refill my legs. I felt dizzy and quickly went into unconsciousness.

I woke up to find myself on a bench about twenty feet away from the lake. I looked up and saw Blake sitting by my head. He looked down at me concerned. “Hey are you ok?” It came back to me know, I remember having no air and feeling really dizzy. I quickly looked around for Eric. Blake grabbed me from my waist as I tried to get up from the bench. “Whoa no you’re not getting up this early; you were practically knocked out by Eric just a few minutes ago.” I looked around and saw Eric with an ice pack up against his face. “Did I hit him that hard?” I asked sounding pleased. Blake smiled and shook his head “Sorry to disappoint you but no, I hit him when I saw that he hit you.” My eyebrow raised and I looked at him “Why?” He looked at me “Because he hit you and no guy should hit a girl, ever.” His hazel eyes shown with true sincerity and determination that it almost made me want to burst into tears. I quickly kissed him on the cheek. He looked at me surprised. I looked down “Umm sorry, I guess that was just thanks for hitting Eric for me.” He nodded and continued to stare at me. It felt awkward to have his topaz eyes looking at me. “Umm I think I’m good now, I’m going to go find Witt ok?” I scurried off to find Witt but I could still feel Blake’s eyes on my back.

It was about 1 in the morning and I knew that my mother would be furious with me for staying out so late but it seemed like everyone else was going to camp out. Addison lay on a blanket near the lake and was with Witt. I smiled, neither of them had a boyfriend or girlfriend and they would make the perfect match. I’d definitely have to set them up somehow. I had thought of everything to bring, except to bring a blanket. I quickly went to a near by bench and quickly stretched out. It was freezing. I envied how other people had jackets and blankets when I had a cold hard bench. “Hey you ok?” I quickly looked up and saw Blake standing over me. “Umm… yeah just a little cold I guess” He nodded “Mind if I sit with you?” I tucked my legs in under me and made room for him on the bench. He sat down and continued to look at me. I glanced at him “You know it’s really hard to sleep when someone’s staring at you?” I stated. He looked away smiling “Sorry, are you still cold?” I nodded but shrugged. He held out his arms “You can if you want?” I looked at him curious “You hardly know me?” He shrugged “So? I’m helping out” I looked at him again. He did look like he meant it, and warmth was the only thing on my mind right know. “Ok” I hesitantly scooted closer to him and positioned my self comfortably in his arms. He was completely warm and it felt great. “Wow you really were cold” He chuckled. “Yeah well it’s easy to get cold when you’re wearing shorts and a tank top.” He laughed again. “I thought you were smart, you should’ve brought a jacket or some pants.” I looked up at him “Eyes can be deceiving, and I know I should have but I didn’t.” He smiled down at me “So…” I shifted my position again. “Sorry am I moving too much?” I smiled “No your good, and thanks for keeping me warm.” He nodded. I quickly fell asleep with the left side of my face lying on his chest.

The author's comments:
This is all i have for now but i will add a lot more later i promise:)

I blinked as the sunlight hit my eyes. I looked around and figured out that I was on my side laying horizontal on the bench. I turned around and came nose to nose with Blake. He was on his side to and had both his arms wrapped around me. I looked around again and saw Witt and Addison sleeping. Everyone seemed to be asleep but me. I figured I should just go back to sleep, besides I wasn’t going to be able to go anywhere without waking Blake up. I rested my head back down and closed my eyes. “You up?” I giggled a little as Blake’s breathe tickled my ear. “Yeah I’m up, did I wake you?” He smiled while his eyes were still closed “I felt you move but other than that not really.” I laughed and nodded “I tried my best not to wake you up” He opened his eyes and smiled “Maybe you just didn’t want me to let go of you” I smirked a little “Maybe, but you’ll never know.” He inched closer to me pulling me in tighter “I think I do know.” I smiled and shrugged. Our noses touched and I could smell his sweet breathe. He was about a centimeter away from my lips when Addison came up behind us. “Hey Avery I have got to tell you some…Oh whoops sorry I didn’t see you there Blake.” I sighed and turned to her. “What is it?” She smiled at me “Umm alone…please?” I turned back to Blake “I’ll be back?” He chuckled and nodded as he untwisted his arms around me. I quickly got up and walked with Addison who I knew was trying really hard to contain herself. After we got a couple of yards away she let it out. “OH MY GOSH, you guys are so cute together, I’m not even joking, I’m sorry I ruined your guys’ first kiss.” I laughed a little “It’s ok really now, what is it that was so important that you interrupted me for?” She smiled “Witt asked me out! Were going on our first date tomorrow! You want to double date?” I looked at her and smiled “I’m so glad you guys are going out! And I don’t know, I don’t think Blake will be up for it.” Addison rolled her eyes “Are you kidding me? Last night he wouldn’t take his eyes off you. That’s how he got to you so quickly when Eric knocked you out, none of the rest of us would have even noticed.” I smiled and looked back to see Blake stretching on the Bench and ruffling his hair, which was flat out on one side and normal on the other. I laughed “Well maybe ok?” Addison smiled and nodded. She quickly went to go find Witt. I walked back to were Blake was and smiled. “Nice hair” I stated looking at him. He laughed “Speak for yourself.” I frowned; I probably was worse then him. He laughed “I’m kidding”

We walked silently side by side when we were walking down the street towards our houses. I was watching the ground when I felt something slide in between my fingers. I looked to see that it was Blake’s hand. He smiled at me and came closer “You know, I never did get that kiss?” I laughed and inched closer towards his mouth. He smiled and ducked down to softly kiss me. His lips were gentle against mine and they moved in a rhythmic pattern. I slowly put my arms around his neck and grabbed a fist full of his hair tugging him closer. I was starting to run out of breathe but I didn’t seem to care. I felt joyful and didn’t want anything to interrupt us, but then I heard a Honk from a car. Our lips parted as we looked to see who. I instantly recognized the Black BMW, and exactly knew who was in the driver’s seat. It was my dad; he was heading to work at his Auto Shop. I quickly let go of Blake and stepped away from him. My dad rolled down the car’s passenger window and beckoned towards me. I frowned in frustration. I quickly walked over and ducked to look inside. “Yeah” He was rubbing his chin and looking ahead. “You know I woke up this morning to expect a great day and nothing would go wrong. I guess this is one of the reasons why it just slightly plummeted.” I tried to contain a smile “Well umm you know if you went the other way to work it would have still been very great. I think it still is great.” He looked at me skeptically “Nope…ok ...guess not.” He shook his head “Get in the car.” I looked at him pleadingly “No please dad let me just walk with him. Please I’m begging you.” He looked over to where Blake was standing “Ok then but tell him to come over here to meet me.” My shoulders slumped “Really?” He fake smiled and nodded. I sighed and turned around “Umm… Hey my dad wants to… meet you” He looked at me and then back at my dad and slowly started to walk towards the car. He ducked under to look at my dad. “Hello Mr. Dallas.” My dad looked at him but smiled “Hello son what’s your name?” Blake smiled back politely “Blake sir.” My father nodded “Well Blake if you want to date my daughter you have o have a job.” Blake smiled “I do sir, I work at Sea World with the dolphins, and it pays $25 an hour.” I smiled at the corners of my mouth. My father looked awe struck but quickly recovered. “Do you have your own car, because I won’t have my daughter be a taxi driver?” Blake smiled and shook his head “I won’t let her be that either, I have a 2010 Black Charger.” My father smiled “Really? Wow mind letting me borrow it for a while” He laughed. Blake smiled “I’ll let you have a spin one of these days. That is if I have your permission to take your daughter out sir.” My father looked at me and then to him. “She’s all yours son, but if you hurt her you’ll be sorry.” I quickly said goodbye to him and watched as he turned the corner. I looked at Blake “Wow, very impressive. I’ve never seen anyone win over my father so easily.” Blake smiled “At least now I can take you out” He smiled. That reminded me that I had to tell him about the double date. “Well how about for our first date we have a double date?” He looked at me confused. “Addison and Witt invited me and you to have a double date with them.” He smiled and held my waist “That sounds like a great first date.” He smiled and leaned down for a kiss. I quickly closed the distance eagerly. He laughed and picked me up swinging me. “So where exactly is the date going to be at?” He asked pausing from the kissing. I frowned “I don’t really know, I didn’t ask her. She told me to call her as soon as I got an answer from you. I better get home.” He smiled and took my hand “Then let’s run.” I laughed and we quickly ran down the last street towards my house.

I laughed as I kissed Blake goodbye and watched as he jogged towards his house. I quickly went upstairs and took a shower. I went into my room and found my Iphone that was on my bed. I quickly found Addison’s number and waited as it rang. On the third ring she finally picked up. “Hello?” I smiled “Addison, Hey it’s me, Blake said yes, by the way where are we going for the date?” I heard Addison scream on the other end. I laughed “He said yes! This is amazing, oh and tomorrow at 2 the Beach is opening and there’s this little carnival on the pier, that’s were the dates going to happen. I’m wearing a tank top and shorts what are you wearing?” I thought for a second “Short’s obviously, and a half Blue tank top with another full one that’s white and sort of see through and my black cross strap heels.” I could tell that Addison was smiling on the other end “Oh very flirty. And I’m wearing my new beige Heels to.” I turned on the TV and laid on my stomach “Nice, well I have to go mom’s cooking dinner and I have to help.” I heard Addison sigh “Okay, well see you tomorrow at two.” I hung up and walked down stairs. As I suspected mom was already cooking dinner. “Hey mom need some help?” I asked. She looked at me and smiled “No I’m good sweetie, but you know what you could do?” I looked at her “What?” She smiled “You could tell me about the boy that walked you home.” I laughed and looked away “What do you want to know?” She laughed “Well you could start by telling me his name and what he does?” I nodded and took a bite of an apricot “Well his names Blake and he works at Sea world with the dolphins, and before you ask yes he has a car.” My mother laughed and looked at me “You look like you really like him.” I looked at her curious “Were you spying on us when we were on the porch?” She laughed and poured pasta into the colander “You can’t expect me not to peek.” I laughed “No I guess I can’t. Well now that you know about him can I go to the pier with Blake, Witt, and Addison?” She laughed “Let me guess Witt and Addison are dating now?” I laughed and nodded. My mother knew Addison and Witt both since they were kids, so it was ok to tell her their business. “Well then yes I give you permission. Do you need money?” I shook my head “No I have 700 dollars saved up so I’ll just probably take like 40 bucks.” My mother nodded as she added sauce to the lasagna. After dinner it was about 8:30 and I decided to just go to sleep. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and slipped under the cold covers. It felt sort of good against my hot skin. I quickly fell asleep dreaming of the Beach and the cool ocean Breeze.


I yawned and blinked as the sunlight from my window streamed in. I looked at the clock and found that it was 9:00. It was enough time to get ready. I quickly got my clothes and took a fast shower. I dressed and started to apply my makeup. I blew dry my hair and set it into a perfect surfers wave. My mom always said I had hair like Vanessa Hudgens and it always went into prefect waves. I strapped on my heels and looked at myself in the mirror. Again for the second time since this week I was glad I had a good tan. I looked at the clock, it read 12:40. It had taken me three hours to get ready. I still had and hour and a half to kill so I decided to drive to Addison’s house. I texted Blake and told him to pick me up there and gave him her address. I quickly got my keys and walked outside. I got in my car and pulled out of the parking lot. When I reached Addison’s house I saw Mr. Dower washing his car. I parked on the side of the street and got out. “Hey Mr. Dower is Addison inside?” He smiled “Hello Avery, and yes she’s in her room.” I nodded and walked in the front door. I climbed up the stairs and opened the door to her room. I smelt the warm scent of Freesias and Roses. “Addison?” I looked around and couldn’t find her. I opened her closet door and saw her looking at herself in the mirror. She wore exactly what she said she was going to wear. Her light brown hair worked perfectly with her beige shoes and white camisole top. “Wow Addison and you called me flirty.” She smiled and turned to me. She looked at me as well “You are flirty chick, look at your gorgeous legs and tan and your hair! I’m so jealous” I laughed and sat down on her little bench. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 1:40. “Blake’s coming over here to pick me up I hope that’s ok?” Addison smiled “Duh its ok and Witt just texted me he’s on his way.” I nodded. We both turned as we heard a honk come from outside. We ran to the Window and saw that Witt and Blake were outside standing by there cars talking. Blake was dressed in a Light green V-neck and skinny jeans that were loose but somehow fit him and shaped him perfectly. His hair was wet from a shower. I smiled and practically ran downstairs with Addison. I ran up to Blake smiling and kissing him. He laughed and kissed me back wrapping his arms around me. I let go and smiled at him. “You ready?” He asked smiling. “As ready as I’ll ever be.” He went around the car and opened the passenger door for me. I smiled and got in. I watched as he went around the car again and opened his door and got in. “So where exactly is the pier?” I laughed “Well maybe you should follow Witt because I’m not exactly good with directions.” He smiled and nodded, I couldn’t help but stare at him, and his tanned skin and perfect smile his gorgeous hazel eyes. His Tone body, everything was perfect about him. I watched as he looked both ways when crossing a street the muscle movement when turning the wheel. He suddenly laughed “What are you staring at?” He asked glancing towards me. I felt my cheeks go pink “You” He smiled “And you can’t resist looking away from this amazing piece of art?” He laughed gesturing to himself. I laughed with him “Nope, I simply can not.” We turned into the paring lot and noticed a lot of activity was going on. I smiled, there were tons of booths and rides. I loved the pier, but from where Addison and I lived it was about an hour away. Blake got out and opened the door for me. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He laughed and followed me to where Witt and Addison were. “So guys, you ready to have some fun?” Witt asked grinning hugely. We threw our fists up in the air and ran towards the carnival.

The author's comments:
DUN DUN DUN! lol just kidding

I smiled as I ate cotton candy. “You want some?” I asked Blake he laughed and got a little piece. I looked at him and rolled my eyes smiling. We watched as Witt and Addison went on the Dropper, the ride that took you about 25 feet up and dropped you. Addison wouldn’t have got on that ride if it wasn’t for Witt, and I knew that for a fact. I watched as they went to the top. A click sound went off and soon they were dropping, I definitely could hear Addison scream. When she was in view she was clinging on tightly to Witt’s arm who was smiling at her. I grabbed Blake’s hand and went to the exit door. Addison wasn’t smiling; I laughed “How was it Addison?” I asked laughing. She rolled her eyes but smiled “It was a rush, but I don’t ever want to get on it again.” I laughed and turned to Blake. “Want to go on a ride?” I asked him. He smiled and nodded. “Want to get on the rattler?” I smiled and nodded. We quickly said goodbye to them and went to get in line. As we stepped onto the platform we decided to go in the middle, I hated being in front. “So you ready?” he asked me. Now that I actually thought of it, I was terrified of this ride. I looked at him biting my lip “Let me see your arm.” He looked at me curious but held out his arm. I twirled mine with his and grabbed the railing. “Ok now I’m ready.” He laughed. The ride started and like I wished it wasn’t, it was fast, high, and loopty. Although it was terrifying I also really loved it. Blake seemed to love it to. When we got off we were laughing about who screamed the loudest. We found Witt and Addison eating a slice of pizza and we decided to head down to the beach. We sat down on a huge beach blanket that we bought at the shack. I laid against Blake and played with his palm. Addison and Witt were facing towards us in the same position. “You guys want to go for a swim?” Witt asked. I smiled and looked up at Blake. He laughed “I don’t have trunks with me.” I laughed “So, neither do I.” He looked at me wide eyed. Addison laughed and grabbed me. We ran to the end of the beach were no one was at and a rock wall was covering us it was like a beautiful cove, and the water was as clear as ever. Addison was the first to undress, I laughed of course she was the only girl I knew that would be comfortable with doing this. I undressed as well and went into the water. We looked like we had Bathing suits on so I didn’t see the difference of having one or not. We saw Blake and Witt running to the beach where we were just at. They noticed our clothes on the sand. They both looked at each other and changed also. Blake was wearing Red and black checkered boxers. I laughed; he’s a boxer’s guy. I went under water and waited. I heard a splash and shortly after felt a hand on my waist. I went back up for air and smiled. Blake laughed his hair was amazing when it was wet. I kissed him and swam around him. We went to the shallower areas were we could stand but still be in the water up to our chest. I smiled as Blake pulled me in closer to him. I laughed and kissed him. He put his hand on the back of my neck and held me tighter. Our lips synchronized together. I couldn’t think of another place to be that was better then this.
He looked at me smiling. I blushed and hugged him; I put my head on his shoulder. We swam their hugging. “Hey guys it’s getting dark and the suns about to set, sharks will come out soon to feed we should probably get out.” We both looked out towards the sea and found that she was right. We got out and dried off. I put on my clothes again and looked to where Blake was puling up his jeans. I marveled at his body, I walked over to him and touched his back. He looked at me smiling he gently put his hand on my cheek and gave me a light kiss. I smiled again, I picked up his shirt that was on the ground and gave it to him. He smiled and put it on. “So what are we going to do know?” He asked looking at Witt. “Well its 7:00 and we really haven’t eaten that much so we should go eat at that Crackle Shack down there.” We all said yes and started walking over there. “So do you even like Crawfish or lobsters?” I asked Blake looking at him. He smiled “Love them I eat them raw.” I laughed but then looked at him serious “You don’t really do you?” He laughed and shook his head “No I don’t eat them raw.” We arrived at the shack and ate Crawfish and talked about, well I can’t think of one thing we didn’t talk about. This was turning out to be the best First Date ever. As we walked again back to the parking lot I noticed that Blake was pale and clammy. “Hey are you ok?” I asked looking at him concerned. H e looked at me tiredly and nodded. “You don’t look ok, are you sure?” He suddenly fell limp and I struggled to hold him up. “Witt!” I screamed Witt ran over to me and helped me out. “What’s wrong with him?” He said looking at me. “I don’t know, we need to call an ambulance.” I quickly got out my phone and told them where we were and they soon arrived with a stretcher. I watched as they put him into the ambulance. I had gotten his keys and quickly ran to his charger following them. When I parked the paramedics had already brought Blake down and into the hospital. I quickly ran to the receptionist’s desk. “Could you tell me what they are doing to Blake Ovaheart?” I quickly asked. She looked up at me “He’s in the emergency room, room 208, but you aren’t allowed in there until later when they are done.” I nodded then looked back at her curious. She hadn’t even looked at the computer or even a notepad. How could she know who I was talking about? “Excuse me but how did you know who I was talking about when you didn’t even bother to look?” She looked at me “He is a regular patient here miss, did he not tell you?” I looked at her confused “Tell me what?” She looked at me then sighed “He must tell you himself, I’m prohibited to tell you anything.” She quickly went to the back and into an office. I couldn’t understand her words. A regular patient, what did she mean? Has Blake come here a lot of times, and for what? I sat down on the bench and continued to wonder. I decided to call my mom and tell her where I was at. She said she would be on her way. I waited for another 20 minutes and walked up to the receptionist’s desk again. “Am I allowed to see him now?” I asked impatiently. She looked at me and nodded. She told me the directions and I quickly found the room where they had recently moved him, room 501. I walked inside and saw Blake sleeping with an IV put into his arm. “Blake?” I whispered watching him. His eyes fluttered open and I saw his Hazel eyes looking at me. He looked ashamed and looked away. “Please tell me what happened to you?” I said touching his hand. He looked at me “You don’t know?” He asked. I loved to hear his voice, it almost made me choke. “No” I managed to say blinking back tears. “That explains why you’re still near me.” My eyebrows furrowed “Please tell me.” He looked at me with sad eyes. “Please” I said again holding on to his hand. “I have Aplastic Anemia.”

The author's comments:
Yes! FInally after hitting a few bumps i've finally began writing this story again, i hopt itturns out good for you guys. :)

“Aplastic Anemia?” I had heard about it, it’s where your bone marrow stops producing enough new blood cells. He nodded searching my face. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked looking at him. “You’re pretty and I liked you, what was I suppose to do? Tell you Hey what’s up I have a condition where I have to have chemotherapy all the time and get stuck with needles twice a month?” He was angry. “I would’ve at least known the truth. Plus I can’t believe you honestly think I’d be that shallow and not want to date you, you’re still you and it’s not your fault that you have this. It was out of your control.” I was upset know I wanted so much to be mad at him for not telling me but I found it hard when I knew the reason why. He was afraid to tell me the truth because he thought of what my judgment would be. “You’re right it wasn’t but other people don’t understand that and see me as an infectious disease.” I put both hands on the side of his face and got closer to him. “I see you as a nice guy who was horribly chosen for something terrible. I see my loving boyfriend Blake.” He looked at me searching for any hint of a lie. I could see by his expression that he found none. “You’re my girlfriend?” I smiled faintly “Well I was hoping anyway.” He laughed and it felt so good to hear it. “Of course you are.” I smiled at him and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me but weren’t tight. “Does it make you weak sometimes?” I asked. He nodded “I was in remission but now I might have to go back into chemotherapy, or have a bone marrow transplant.” I looked at him curious “Don’t you need a donor for that?” He nodded “Yes, but the person has to be a match or else it wouldn’t work.” I nodded “So what are you going to do?” He shrugged “My mom and dad have to get tested to see if their eligible and if not then I might just have to do Chemotherapy.” I frowned “Does it hurt?” he smiled at the corners of his mouth “It’s like having Acid go up you arm and through your body.” I frowned, that didn’t exactly put a pretty picture in my mind. “Avery?” I looked up to find my mom standing in the doorway. “Hey mom” I said looking back at Blake. She walked in and looked at Blake. Blake smiled at her shyly. “Hello Mrs. Dallas, I’m sorry I’m meeting you for the first time in a hospital bed.” My mother laughed and smiled touching his hand “Hello Blake, and it’s ok, you are still very handsome.” Blake smiled at her. I couldn’t believe how easily Blake could win over people so easily; it seemed as easy as breathing for him. Blake looked at me; I looked at him in the same instant. He nodded as if understanding what I wanted to do. “Mom, Blake has a serious condition.” My mother looked at me urging me to go on. I had a slight feeling she already knew what I was talking about. “He has Aplastic Anemia.” She nodded and looked back at Blake. “I’m very sorry to hear that Blake, but you’re a very strong boy and I’m sure you can pull through.” Blake smiled at the corners of his mouth “Thank you and I know, just hard I guess.” She smiled down at him again and patted his hand comfortingly. She looked at me “Are you going to want to come home tonight or are you going to stay here?” I smiled at her “Can I stay here tonight?” She smiled and nodded “I’ll go get you some clothes and your toothbrush.” I smiled and nodded grateful for her understanding. “But remember you have school tomorrow so make sure you get ready?” I nodded and hugged her as she left. I sat down on the chair by his bed. “Well, if it makes you feel any better this was the best first date ever, well the ending wasn’t too great but I’m glad you’re ok.” Blake laughed “It was the best first date for me to.” I smiled and got up to kiss him. He pulled me closer by holding me by my neck. His lips covered over mine and they moved together. I heard a throat clear and quickly pulled away. I saw a woman around her mid 40’s standing in the doorway. “Sorry to interrupt” she smiled. I blushed looking down, Blake looked at the woman and smiled “Hey mom.” I looked up shocked, I wasn’t ready to meet his mom yet, then again he had no choice either with my parents. “Hey Son, how are you feeling?” She said playing with his hair. He smiled “Good.” She laughed “I can see that. Who is this very attractive young lady I might ask?” I smiled “I’m Avery Dallas; it’s nice to meet you Mrs. Ovaheart.” She smiled “Hello Avery I’m Blake’s mom, I’m guessing by your name that you are the girl that Blake couldn’t stop talking about?” I smiled “He talked about me?” I looked at Blake. He blushed bright red. “Oh yes, in fact he couldn’t stop.” Blake groaned “Mom, seriously?” His mother laughed and patted his head. “Is dad here?” He asked looking at her. “Yes he just got in; he’ll be up in a minute.” Blake nodded and looked back at me. “I can’t wait until you meet him.” He and his Mom both laughed at the same time. I looked at them both questioningly. “You’ll understand soon.” Blake smiled at the corners of his mouth.

The author's comments:
Was it good please commetn guys! :)

I did know what they were talking about now, Mr. Ovaheart was a big dork and so loveable, he kind of reminded me of a huge teddy bear, except he wasn’t chubby, he was a good size. Blake was always smiling with him and laughing and so was Mrs. Ovaheart. They seemed like the perfect family, with no problems to call their own. Except they did have problems, problems that could end in losing their only son. My mother had come by in the middle of our conversation and had gotten me some gray cotton sweats with a white tank top with my normal gray vans. I had thanked her and immediately returned to Blake’s side. He seemed so calm and natural here in his hospital bed, it was disturbing to find yet at the same time peaceful. They had talked almost the whole night away, soon she and Blake had fallen asleep. At around 11 o’clock I heard whispering outside Blake’s door. I carefully let go of his hand as to not wake him and opened the door. His parents were talking to the doctor. “Avery, Were sorry did we wake you? Is Blake awake?” Mrs. Ovaheart asked. I closed the door behind me gently and shook my head “No, he’s still asleep. What are you guys talking about?” I asked. Even though it wasn’t really any of my business but I had to know. “We were talking about the tests we have to do tonight, what are chances are of having a match.” Mr. Ovaheart said politely. I nodded “And what happens if you both are not?” I asked looking at them. They both looked at each other “Well we can’t wait for a donor to pop up; we’d be risking his life if we did, so we would have to resort to chemotherapy.” I nodded. “What are the chances of a non-Relative having a match?” I asked looking at the doctor alone. He looked at me already catching on to what I intended to do. “Possible.” He replied. I nodded “Then I want to do the test as well.” Mrs. Ovaheart looked at me “No Avery, we couldn’t possibly let you do this, Blake wouldn’t want you to.” I looked at her “I don’t care what he wants, this is what he needs. He needs a chance.” I said angrily. “He can be mad at me if he wants but I am going to do this.” Mrs. Ovaheart smiled affectionately “So much like Blake already.” I smiled with the same affection. The doctor smiled “Then shall we.” He said gesturing for me to come with him. I nodded and turned to Mr. and Mrs. Ovaheart “If Blake wakes up and I’m not there, tell him I’m with the doctor please.” I asked. They both nodded and watched as I went with the doctor.

Apparently the test was putting me under and extracting a small piece of Bone marrow. Although I was heavily sedated I still knew I had to go to school tomorrow. I had rested in a separate room from Blake and now I was putting on the clothes my mother had given me the night before. The doctor had told me I could go but that I should take it really easy. He also told me that if I was a match that it was a good idea I try to stay away from sick people. Before I left I kissed Blake’s forehead while he was asleep and left taking his keys. I had talked to his parents last night and asked if I could borrow his car to go to school and they agreed. Getting in the car I turned it on and was heading to school.

I parked the car and was greeted by a very worried and relieved Addison. “Oh my god Avery, you’re here, what happened?” She asked looking at me. I smiled “He’s fine, just a little bedridden I guess you could say.” Addison looked at me confuse “I wish I could explain but I can’t.” I said politely. It actually was easy to explain except this wasn’t my story to tell, it was Blake’s. She sighed but smiled “Well I’m glad he’s ok.” I smiled and we both walked to the high schools front doors. School was a bore and it didn’t help that her boyfriend was in the hospital, she knew she should be by his side right know. The school bell rang and I gratefully smiled and ran out of the room and into the hallway. Turning a corner I rammed into a very hard chest. I stumbled back but was caught by a tight grip of hands. I looked at the face and instantly felt disgusted. “Hello Avery.” I rolled my eyes and tugged away from him and walked past him. “You know your Dweeb Boyfriend deserves to be in the hospital.” I abruptly stopped and turned to him eyes glaring. “Shut the hell up Eric, you think everyone likes you well guess what no one does, your just a damn jock to everyone, You think your so cool cause you can score a touchdown” I growled looking at him. I shook my head “I feel sorry that that’s all your good at.” He came towards me with anger. “I can’t wait till your boyfriend gets out of the hospital so I can hurt him. It’ll teach you to not have a big mouth.” He said grabbing my hair. I growled and spit on him. He slammed me into the wall and I remembered that I had to be careful; Blake depended on me if I had a match with him, and no way was I letting this fool ruin his chances at life. I quickly kneed him in the groin and ran towards Blake’s car. Quickly, I got in and revved the engine and drove away.

I quickly walked into the hospital and ran to Blake’s room and somehow I couldn’t make myself go faster. Finally turning into the doorway I smiled as I saw Blake awake and watching TV. He turned to me and smiled “Hey Gorgeous.” I laughed and ran to him giving him a big hug. He chuckled and gave me a light kiss. “So how was school?” He asked smiling. I bit my lip a little, I knew I shouldn’t tell him what happened with Eric because it would only stress him, but then again he’d be angrier if I didn’t. “It was good, had little bump in with Eric but everything’s fine now.” Blake looked at me concerned “What did he do.” I shook my head “Nothing I’m fine, honestly.” Blake eyed me but decided to let it go. We had watched Adams Family for about and hour or two when Mr. and Mrs. Ovaheart came in smiling brightly. Blake smiled at them “Why are you guys so happy.” He asked hugging his mom. His mom looked at me and smiled. Already I knew why she was smiling. “You match.” She smiled brightly. I smiled as well and hugged her and Mr. Ovaheart. Blake looked at me confused “What are they talking about?” I bit my lip, I knew what his reaction would be, and already I could see it rising up in his face. “I took the test to see if I was a candidate to be a donor for you, and I matched.” I said looking at him. He shook his head “No, No way am I letting you be a donor for me, no, I won’t have it.” I frowned at him “Blake, I’m the only match for you right know, and we can’t wait for another.” I said grabbing his hand. “So, I can do chemotherapy, it’s worked before” I sighed “Blake the odds of it working again are slim to none, please let me help you.” I said sitting next to him. He shook his head “You’ll hurt.” I shook my head “I don’t care, as long as I save you I’ll take it all without a complaint, I want you to be with me for a long time Blake, Don’t make me lose you.” I whispered. He looked at me and my words had stung him. He sighed but looked at me “Does my life mean that much to you?” He asked looking at me. I looked at him without a hesitation “Yes, it is.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 31 comments.


on Dec. 6 2021 at 6:31 pm
WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana
20 articles 5 photos 177 comments

Favorite Quote:
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Wow very interesting

hriddle517 said...
on Feb. 12 2020 at 8:36 pm
hriddle517, Anatone, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
I can´t wait to read more! This is an amazing read, but when people are having a conversation , try to put whats said between them in separate paragraphs. it will be easier to read then. But I love this story!

on Mar. 12 2012 at 5:15 pm
SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington
8 articles 0 photos 229 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

This is nice and intriguing! I love it! You have a few grammatical errors though! There was a line where you mixed up which tense you were speaking in, arrangment of words and there/their confusion. BUT those are small problems! Great job! Can't wait for more!(:

on Jan. 9 2012 at 12:26 pm
JerseyGrl-008 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live long and prosper":p

more please!!!! :)

on Dec. 20 2011 at 5:21 pm
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other
17 articles 2 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

this is a great book!

on Dec. 20 2011 at 1:10 pm
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other
7 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

It was a very heart warming story, althought there were some inconsistities but they didnt matter too much. Overall Lovely!!!!

on Nov. 7 2011 at 12:39 am
FallenAngel1 SILVER, Chula Vista, California
9 articles 0 photos 68 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Good Night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that i shall say good night till it be morrow."-Romeo and Juliet act II scene II, William Shakespeare
"What's In a name? That which we call a rosse by any other name would smell as sweet."-Romeo

My God, i want to cry right now, my eyes are filled to the brim with tears, but with joy, he will be saved!!!!

on Nov. 5 2011 at 2:07 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

Yay! :DDDD

MeIsMe18 said...
on Nov. 5 2011 at 2:00 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Haha yeah sorry about that and I'm already working on more so more chapters will be up soon(:

on Nov. 3 2011 at 4:20 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

That is cute. (: I need more. Of course. It kinda took you forever, but it turned out to be worth the wait. 

on Nov. 1 2011 at 6:33 pm
LoveAshley BRONZE, Minerva, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" (:

This is so good! (:

on Jul. 20 2011 at 6:20 pm
FallenAngel1 SILVER, Chula Vista, California
9 articles 0 photos 68 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Good Night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that i shall say good night till it be morrow."-Romeo and Juliet act II scene II, William Shakespeare
"What's In a name? That which we call a rosse by any other name would smell as sweet."-Romeo

Please write more!!! This is great, you should publish it when you are done.

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jun. 25 2011 at 11:05 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Actually i hit a bump but i started over on the second part but trust me i won't let you down:)

on Jun. 21 2011 at 7:05 am
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York
13 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."

ooooh ahhhh i love it like alot more please

on Jun. 20 2011 at 1:42 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

When will you have more?

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jun. 20 2011 at 1:39 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

haha i will

on Jun. 20 2011 at 1:30 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

EXACTLY :P Yeah, keep up the good work, and get more :P

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jun. 20 2011 at 1:27 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Haha don't you hate it when your watching a really good tv show or something and right when it gets to the good part it goes to commercial yeah i thought of that when i stopped it lol

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jun. 20 2011 at 1:26 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Heck yeah im gonna finish it lol it's going to be great.

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jun. 20 2011 at 1:25 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico
0 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Haha i am already on it :)