Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

Aberradai said...
Im serious, just looking at these comments made me get inspired to start writing again... I love to write & took a little break from it recently.. Thankyou for sparking my writing senses up..

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm :
That is so awesome! I'm so happy you're starting to write again. And I know exactly how you feel. It's good to take a break now and then, but it's always hard to get back in the mood and start again. <3 Keep writing!

Spider101 said...
I love it!!!!!!!!!! That was really really good :D

Spider101 said...
Oh my gosh!!!! I love this!!!!! I wanted to keep reading!!!! Is there antoher chapter done? This is a very very nice story I really really liked it.. very well done :D

Lady_Muffin said...
Your welcome!!! I have read a lot of books on this site and none of them are as good as yours is! Keep up the good work.

Lady_Muffin said...
This book is so freaking awesome!!!! I come home every day from school waiting for the new chapter.

Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:57 pm :
Aww! You're so sweet. Knowing that, I will work extra hard to finish this book. :-) Thank you so much for your comment. It's given me a new hope. :-)

shy.. said...
this is a amazing story, cannot wait for more

Sparrow said...
I love love love this story!! Please keep writing. It's what you were meant to do!

Jeera said...
Absolutely can not wait to read the next chapter! Amazing story :) I love it!

Loz Woz 007 said...
OMG this is amazing!! please upload soon!!!!!! I love it! :) 

benifits said...
Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:23 am:
oh. my. gawd. i just finished chapter 25 and theres notning after it i cant wait for more plese write soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:40 am :
I just finished another chapter. Be patient a little while longer and it'll be up soon. :-) Thank you so much for reading! You guys keep me going. :-D

zaynisawesome replied...
Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:10 pm :
yay!!!!!! youve typedmore when r u gonna put it on  

JakkiMarieSims This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 3, 2012 at 11:12 am:
i love chase! hahaha.  

shy.. replied...
Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:52 pm :
You need to keep writing, i wanna know what happens next.

Nov. 3, 2012 at 10:38 am:
YOU HAVE TO KEEP WRITING. ITS A SIN TO NOT CONTINUE THIS STORY!!!!

Nov. 3, 2012 at 10:06 am:
I feel bad for them! Shay lost a girl he loved!! And all of them have this monster inside of them. its horrible. and the only way for them to get rid of the monster is love, but get hurt in the process. awwww, poor boys!!!! Chase reminds me of Honey Senpai from Ouran Host Club.  

KenziBobenzii said...
OMG!!! KEEP WRITING!!! PLEEEEAAAAASEE!!!

writerssoul said...
Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:58 am:
PLZ CONTINUE! I read all of this in one night because I can't get enough! Please add to this story, on Chap. 25 you left your readers hanging, PLZ PLZ PLZ write more