Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

Saraah said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:43 pm:
this story is AMAZING!! please keep writing, you are a great novelist! am looking forward to reading your next chapters becuz it cant just end at ch 26! plzzzz complete! love ya :)

Jaguar17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm:
Love it! Can you please write more and fast :D

Meg777 said...
Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:58 pm:
Amazing!!! It is such a great story I couldn't stop reading it! Please keep writing!

Ressy said...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:06 am:
Hi, the story is very interesting... is this the end or is there any other parts yet to come?? 

KuuMatsuri said...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:06 pm:
OH.MY.GOODNESS....I fell in love with ths story! T^T Please continue it, please, please! Also, I kinda noticed a lot of elements in this story are very similar to the cliches of anime/manga plots. Sorry, I may be wrong, but I'm such a huge fan of Japanese anime, and I couldnt help but notice!

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm :
Haha! No, you're absolutely right about the anime/manga plot. I started writing this right after I finished one of my favorite shows. Needless to say, it definitely influenced my writing. ;-) But if my story holds an addictive characteristic then I think I did a pretty good job of following in the footsteps of anime tv shows, right?

naila love said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:26 pm:
please update yhe story it isss truly addicting .it is lovely

LuvLife said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm:
I asking, no begging! For you to write the next chapter! I ❤ it so far, and your doing an AMAZING job. I reeeeaaalllllyyyy hope you can create the next 1-2chapters or so? I know it is too much to ask....but please? P.s: thx soo much! You've encouraged me to start writing again! Oh and I'm team Shay too

Meli123 said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:50 pm:
Wow! You are a stupendous writer! I'm asking you to PLEASE write the next few chapters!!!! I REALLY want to know what happens next! So far you are doing an AWESOME job;) I just hope you can take sometime to write the next few chapters! P.S. Im totally team Shay too(^∇^)

WritingInTheDark said...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:57 pm:
this is the most addicting thing ever!! its kind of the like the book Forbidden I NEED the next chapter

karen ternier said...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:04 am:
this is a really great book. I want to find out more.about this book. 

greatwriter said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm:
Now I know what it means to be hooked. Please write more

woz11 said...
hey this story is amazing  please post some more up we've been waiting months... :( i really wanna know what happens! :) 

shy.. said...
Please write more i need to know what happens next Please update soon

lovedove said...
Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:27 am:
I love this so much!! You have to take this to a publisher!! I will read all of your books if you publish them!! I am officially a dedicated fan of yours :)

Nani22 said...
Please please please please please please please write more! I'm dying here! You are absolutely amazing and I am completely hooked. I can't wait to see what happens next! I want to know who was who in the beginning when she had the kissing stage. Btw... I'm Team Shay all the way =-)

yummycupcakes11 said...
please give me the chapters! I wanna know if asha chooses shay! hae the cutes out of them all!

Danise S. said...
Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:18 am:
Hi! Can't wait for the next chapters! Hope you'll update them soon! Thankyou! :* :)

Danise S. said...
Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:45 am:
Omg!!! I'm falling inlove with you story!! Thumbs up for you! You're a great writer. Keep it up!    PS. I;m hoping you're going to make us (the readers) really fall inlove with you story. ♥ GODBLESS! :)

ZoePaloski1212 said...
Omg that was amazing but I thought it would be chase in the end.