Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
May 5, 2013 at 10:22 pm:
HOLY. MOTHER. DUCKLING. WRITE. MORE. NOW. I. COMMAND. YOU. WRITEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!

ShyKarma said...
May 3, 2013 at 8:11 pm:
please write more soon i love the story!

HeyAmeliaKay said...
May 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm:
Loving the story so far keep writing! I can't wait for the update! Almost as addictive as Doctor Who ;)

mimi2020star said...
May 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm:
THIS IS GREAT! WRITE MORE LIKE RIGHT NOW WE ALL LOVE IT

Kat M. said...
WHAT THE HECK?!

Kat M. said...
its just...so... ADDICTING. ITS UNREALISTIC AND SO CONFUSING BUT SOOOOO ADDICTING! LIKE ERMAHGERD!

loner4life:( said...
This book was AMAZING!!! I love it. I really want to know what happens next. You ABSOLUTELY NEED to keep writing. PLEASE!!! I am dying to know more. Keep writing. XD

Cutey-Beauty said...
Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:13 am:
When will you write more? We are DYING.....from thirst for more...LOL. Love your story btw. Very original and well thought out.

ShyKarma said...
 Loving the story please write more soon

Hazel101 said...
Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:22 am:
This book is soooo good!! I'm addicted!! Please write more soon! :(

AbbaDabbaDoo said...
Well written, original, and with an interesting plot! Keep it up and hurry it up, we want more!

ShyKarma said...
i love this story please write more soon

yukie12 said...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:36 am:
Amazing story pllz wright more

Saraah said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:43 pm:
this story is AMAZING!! please keep writing, you are a great novelist! am looking forward to reading your next chapters becuz it cant just end at ch 26! plzzzz complete! love ya :)

Jaguar17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm:
Love it! Can you please write more and fast :D

Meg777 said...
Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:58 pm:
Amazing!!! It is such a great story I couldn't stop reading it! Please keep writing!

Ressy said...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:06 am:
Hi, the story is very interesting... is this the end or is there any other parts yet to come?? 

KuuMatsuri said...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:06 pm:
OH.MY.GOODNESS....I fell in love with ths story! T^T Please continue it, please, please! Also, I kinda noticed a lot of elements in this story are very similar to the cliches of anime/manga plots. Sorry, I may be wrong, but I'm such a huge fan of Japanese anime, and I couldnt help but notice!

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:36 pm :
Haha! No, you're absolutely right about the anime/manga plot. I started writing this right after I finished one of my favorite shows. Needless to say, it definitely influenced my writing. ;-) But if my story holds an addictive characteristic then I think I did a pretty good job of following in the footsteps of anime tv shows, right?

naila love said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:26 pm:
please update yhe story it isss truly addicting .it is lovely