Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

DirectingGabs said...
I love it! My computer won't let me read chapter 20 though... It's making me extremely sad. But, good job so far!

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 3:22 pm :
Nevermind! Hehe, I fixed it. I love chapter 20 now! Right more please!:D

LillyDenshawe said...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 11:32 am:
OMG! It's so good! I want more! I'm rooting for Chase and Shay and hoping that Ever knocks some sense into one of them...

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:39 pm :
Aww! You're so sweet. You even said that my book was one of your favorites. I feel more than honored. I'm onto the new chapter as I speak. I hope it'll be up soon. :-) Thanks again!

C.L.Erins said...
love it!!!! keep going!! more soon please!! i am so addicted to these guys!! :)

Erinnn said...
i like the new parts! please post more soon!

EM&M said...
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE please you are killing me!!!!!!!!

lillybud7 said...
very interesting and funny cant wait for whats next : )

IMme2 said...
please please WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

EllieHeart said...
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Finish... the suspense is killing me...

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:26 am:
I think its a beautiful story, I can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must be hard to pick who Asha's gonna choose!! Kinda Hope its Shay, somehow.... Anyways your story not mine, KEEP WRITING!!

Erinnn said...
finish it!!!

Jeera said...
Oh my gosh. I want to know what happens next! 

wannabeauthor96 said...
I need more!! Like right now!! I love it!! I love Asha, Shay, Ever, and Chase!! Espically Chase!!! If Asha doesn't want him I will take him: )  It's so good!! Post more soon!!: )

SpringMoon98 said...
This is so good can't wait for more chapters!

unicorn poop said...
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C.L.Erins said...
Keep writing please!!!! this story is amazing!!! :D

IMloved said...
you need to write more pretty please im begging you!!! im sooooo hooked!

springdance said...
Hey Melissa! I love it!I just read all the recent chapters and decided you need to write more. :) Hope you're not overloaded with homework! -Sarah

Nov. 28, 2011 at 6:15 pm :

Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to read it!

And trust me- I AM overloaded with homework/projects plus work and basketball practice.

I'll try my best to write more and contact you. :-)