Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

This book has 303 comments. Post your own now!

IMme2 said...
Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:43 am

plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz prrrreeeeeetttttttyyyyyy plz write more

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I love your enthusiasm. I suppose I'll add more...Jk, of course I will!

nemish23 said...

thought i'd add the 100th comment!

also, i can't wait to read more...

asha is so cute, i <3 her!

Muffin crumbs!! I didn't realize how many comments there were. Congrats on getting the 100th one!

Thanks so much. It's great to hear from you. :-) I rarely get a comment about Asha either; it's usually about the boys. So glad you like her! <3

SilverSun said...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 8:33 am
LOVE IT! I've been reading since November or December or something, so can't wait for more! Beautiful job!

Thank you so much! I love hearing that people have been sticking through my long bouts of no writing.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I can assure you that they'll be more soon. :-)

SilverSun replied...
Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:16 am
Yay!! I'll be watching for more!!

smiley66 said...
I'm a new member to teenink and your book was the first book i read. SO.... please write more :) you're such an amazing author!

I feel so honored! (And WELCOME to Teenink!! I hope you have lots of fun here and grow a lot in your writing.)

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I promise to keep writing more. :-)

See ya around!

CrazyWriter said...

A-ha! my timing is impecable! I log back onto my account just as you post another outstanding chappie! I must confess author of Match MakersMAnison I was afraid you forgot about lil'ol Teenink and that little voice that says "Updat,Update!" But Behold! I am proven wrong.

the story has progressed so much , andboth it and the writing style i believe have grown. 

Keeping us always on cliff hanger aren't you? (well, i'd like to do that too..)   Im quite interested in ... (more »)

I'm so thankful for readers like you. :-D

You're awesome and thank you so much for your compliments. Sometimes I feel like I absolutely stink at writing, but all of my reader's comments help me to keep going. :-)

Sometimes I take too much time, and wish that time wasn't so valuable.

Please keep reading!

nemish23 said...
your book is awesome!!! i love it!!! keep writing... i want to read more!!! i <3 asha, she's so cute! :)

cut-out-ur-eyes said...
awww chapter 21 is cute =3

kimberdawn said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:20 am
Oh my gosh! I love this story! Please write more!!!!!! I can't wait to know what comes next. 

Starlightdark said...
I really like this story so far. please do keep writing!

KittyKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:58 am
I'll be waiting for chapter 21... 22... or as many as you post> you have an amazing talent

It's here! The chapter you've been waiting for! Thank you so much for reading. :-D

Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:56 am
i would think she picks shay... I would too. but what if there was a major twist and She picked Ever! Like she wanted the one who tried to get her to pick the pther too. that'd be weird

BluBirdWriter13 said...
please write more i want you to write more its amazing i will be waiting for chapter 21

Thank you so much for reading and the encouragement. I hope you enjoy the new chapter!

Woahalliee said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 am
You must write more!! PRONTO!