Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

This book has 306 comments. Post your own now!

Drummer_GirlEmiiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 18 at 10:41 pm
Sigh.... I kind of wish she had gone for Shay instead. He is like, my dream man.

Sep. 17 at 6:47 pm
This is beautiful. I often look for something new to read, and am so grateful for this. (: its amazing!

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 19 at 6:17 pm
Thank you so much, especially for mentioning me as one of your favorites on your "About Me" section. You made me smile today! :)

imagonnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 7:23 pm
@MoonBaby @Hope_Princess @PoeticInsanity @Dajai @BlackRedwood @readingislife @readingislife @kvtmarie @BeautyWhispers @caskettluvr @totalbooknerd11 hey all, pls com check out my first novel, I know you will love it.... pls comment and ill comment on your work. by the way, @Hope_Princess I loveeeeeeee this, you are perfection and beyond

MoonBabyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17 at 3:36 pm
This was amazing. You should write a second one.

May 17 at 6:11 pm
Thank you for the vote of confidence in my writing! I would love to write a second one, hence the cliffhanger. I'll start thinking/writing. :)

MoonBabyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 18 at 3:08 pm
That would be awesome. I can't wait.

AmberleafThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 10 at 12:58 pm
Maybe Shay could find someone to love in the next one? I loved how he found a little girl... Shay is awesome; he's my favorite character.

Aug. 10 at 6:26 pm
That is a possibility ;)

PoeticInsanity said...
Mar. 7 at 8:30 pm
Oh my God I still remember I read it 2 years ago. Wow. My Life completely changed during that time. This story is beyond beautiful. It will always remain close to my heart

Mar. 8 at 2:59 pm
I hope your life changed for the better, but even if not I'm happy this story reminds you of a past time in your life. :)

PoeticInsanity replied...
Mar. 8 at 6:29 pm
Well I have grown to become a strong believer in fate. I guess everything does happen for better. Your story gave me a lot of hope and good memories. :) Thank you

Dajai said...
Feb. 16 at 2:56 pm
This story was really good! I enjoyed the detailed characters and great plot.

BlackRedwood said...
So beautiful, I love how the author revealed who had kissed her in that special way. With fingers under her chin, so perfect!!!!! :)

booksrbae said...
Aug. 15, 2015 at 3:26 am
gaah, where do i even begin, i freaking love this book!!! its so amazing, a sinister twist on a fairytale is such a great idea! i absolutely love every bit of it except the ending killed me, like it should have been shay T_T. u woudnt be considering an alternate ending for team shay would you? just kidding, just kidding, i guess i've accepted the ending by now (i finished reading it a while back). honestly if anyone were to continue fighting against shane, shay is just the logical choice, a dark... (more »)

I have to say...your comment inspired me so much! I haven't written since I ended this book. I really appreciate your "justification" of my book; it means someone actually saw what I saw. ^_^ I left it open like that, juuuuuuust in case I wanted to write a sequel. ;-) Keep writing, and reading, and being you!

readingislife replied...
to be honest, im really excited that you replied! i think its awesome that i saw it from your point of view! and i would so read a sequel, if your planning one, im already down for reading it xD. that actually sounds like a great idea, but dont worry, no pressure xD. As for your last sentence, thanks so much and right back at you!

kvtmarie said...
DUDE I STARTED READING THIS 2 YEARS AGO AND NEVER FOUND IT AGAIN AFTER OIKE 15 CHAPTERS AND NOW I FOUND IT OMF YAY

BeautyWhispers said...
Very good! Keep it up.

caskettluvr said...
Omg!!!!!!!! A-freakin-mazing!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!