Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 4:00 pm:
This was very good. It was really good. You have a talent! but may I ask, what happened in the end??? Thank you for sharing this!

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 2 at 7:03 pm :
Thank you so much for your comment! Haha! Can you tell I've been procrastinating. I've finished a couple of the next chapters but I haven't gotten around to posting it yet. Soon! I guess you'll have to stick around to find out. ;-)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 3 at 9:58 am :
Haha, I promise I'll stick around ; ) You're a really wonderful writer!

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 11:20 pm:
Oh my goodness! I love love love this. Keep it going.

HOPE_LOVER! said...
May 27 at 12:44 pm:
hi hope princess i think i will like to read this book when im older. how did you come up with the idea for this book it sounds amazing. B)

caskettluvr said...
Mar. 13 at 12:18 pm:
WHAT?! What happened?! I need more!! PLEASE!!!! That can't be the end. Where's the next chapter?! AHH!!!!! I'm desperate for more!!!!! Please write more... You write amazing work!!! BEAUTIFUL, but I NEED more. :D

Apr. 14 at 9:14 pm :
I promise more will be up in the next month. I know that seems like forever, but I need to do my best in college and finish the year strong before finishing my book. Please stick with me! :-) Thank you!

caskettluvr replied...
May 13 at 12:09 pm :
Hope_Princess, it's cool. I understand the stress of a lot of work. Just do your best in College and produce your book when ready. I just wanted you to know how much I love your book. Thanks!! :D

May 24 at 5:21 pm :
Added another chapter for ya! Enjoy!

hnmattison replied...
May 28 at 8:59 am :
This was so amazing! I have been checking for a new chapter, and I finally saw it today! I can't wait for the next one!

Reached_out said...
Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:00 am:
Write moreeee! I know it tooks a lot of time but your work is just amazing! I wish you all the best!

Ms.PeytonLovesHP said...
What?! No! No! No! That can't be the end! No! No! You can't-but I- But you- No! That's not the end, please tell me it's not! *pleading*

Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:08 pm :
Haha! I would be the worst writer ever if that was the end. No worries. I'm working on the end right now. :-)

ZackTheAlligator said...
I just want to tell you how great this story is! I'm really not one for reading a lot (I do the writing half xD), but I am so hooked on this story. I left for a bit, and when I came back, I realized that I was already on chapter fifteen...after just a few hours spent before! You seem like a great story-teller, even if, as you say, it needs some review before publishing; think you'd take a look at my stuff? It'd mean a lot to me.

Ilovetowrite said...
Are you trying to get published

Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:17 am :
Trying is definitely not the word I would use to describe my efforts at the moment. Wishing, yes. Trying, no. Maybe I will try someday though. It will need a lot of work before I reach that stage. Right now it's more for fun, knowing that I can post and have people read it without having to go through the laborous effort of making sure every tiny detail is literature worthy.

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! I feel so honored! <3 I've submitted another chapter. Please be patient as it is reviewed and put up soon! :-) Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment.

animalluvr4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:52 pm :
I am hooked on your story!!!!!!  You should submit another chapter!  ;D

AnimatrixThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:24 am:
While surfing the net I found your story. I was hooked from the first page and spent the last few hours reading it. I made an account now because I had to tell you how amazing and real your writing was and to beg you to write MORE! It's really inspiring.

Readobsesion said...
NEXT CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER!!!!