Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 6

“Do you want to explain what happened back there?” Ever said with his eyes focused on Shay who was slouched in his seat. In the large armchair, Shay lifted his head to nail him with his stormy gray eyes, apparently hating the confrontation.

“Yah, what’s up with you! You’ve never acted like this before.” At his outburst, Ever glanced over at Chase sitting beside him on the couch with his arms folded across his chest, his eyebrow lowered defiantly over his visible eye.
Yes, Shay has bit of an attitude, Chase is on a permanent sugar overload, and Ever is...well, Ever. Hope you like!

Shay, deprived of his books, had nowhere to hide and his glares proved his annoyance with Ever and Chase.

“I don’t understand, Shay,” Chase unfolded his arms to fiddle with his hands in his lap. “Usually you’re perfectly fine with outsiders, but today your attitude stinks.” Chase’s forehead furrowed with question.

Ever and Chase pinpointed Shay to the armchair. Shay’s black hair and suit blended in perfectly with the ebony armchair to the point that it looked like he had become a part of it. Only his white face stood out.

Shay leaned back further into the chair, and nonchalantly said, “I simply dislike her.”

Chase shot up out of his seat, “What’s there not to like? Name me one thing!” His pointer finger stood up out of his clenched fist for emphasis as he held it out at Shay.

Shay looked surprised for a moment at Chase’s sudden defensiveness, but covered it with an unreadable mask. “Her hair is a dirty brown color that’s always frizzy.”

Chase’s mouth formed an “O.” “That’s it?! That’s the reason why you don’t like her!” Chase started towards him, but Ever caught hold of his arm, hindering him from going any closer to Shay.

“No,” Shay said. Chase’s astounded face reflected in Shay’s grey eyes. “There’s more. She has too many freckles on her face, boring brown eyes, and a tiny stature. Overall, she resembles an irritating little mouse.” He loosened the black and white checkered scarf from around his neck, appearing bored with the whole conversation.

“How can you SAY something like that! You know her freckles make her cuter!” Chase tried to pull out of Ever’s grip, but Ever, who was afraid the suitcoat arm might rip off, held him still.

“He doesn’t want us to understand him, Chase,” Ever said in a soothing voice and Chase relaxed to look back at him. Ever’s gaze turned on Shay, “Frankly he has to lie to himself because he’s too scared to handle the truth. Hopefully Asha has enough magic to crack his thick skull.”

“Don’t cry when you find yourself helplessly in love with her then,” Chase clenched his teeth as he spoke, his eyes locked to Shay, “Because she’s mine.”

HoplessLover21 said...
yesterday at 8:17 pm:
This is a very good book that i think evryone should read!

totalbooknerd11 said...
Nov. 2 at 1:07 am:
This is really cool!  The idea of demons is pretty fascinating.  I also like how vague the ending is... more room for interpretation.

XxXpickachuXxX said...
Oct. 23 at 6:35 pm:
This book is amazing. i really dont give out compliments very much but i felt that i needed to say that this is amazing. Okei byyyeee

JoyousCelly said...
Oct. 20 at 2:27 pm:
 You have become my inspiration ........... this took me to a different world,you have a really bright future;BEST OF LUCK;>

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 28 at 9:13 pm :
I-I am flattered! That really is my only goal with writing...to inspire and encourage others. :-)

carissathestorytellerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 19 at 11:58 am:
This is my favorite book on TeenInk. I could read it over and over! I'm glad she ended up with Chase, though Ever's end made me horribly sad and I loved Shay immensely. If you ever get this published, I'll be the first to buy it!!! Great storyline, amazing characters, and the mystery of the Deum was awesome. Thank you for such a fantastic story!!!

Bayleigh_loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 11 at 3:53 am:
This book was amazing!!! So good that I stayed up until 3 am reading it!!! I mean, I previously started reading it but that was when you were still working on it. I agree with a few of the other people who read this book; I think it should've been Shay, but she still got her happy ending. And you are the author after all so all that matters is you got yours. And even though I didn't get my exact happy ending (which would've been something involving Shay and Asha) the book was still s... (more »)

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 8 at 12:44 pm:
Is there more coming? If that's alright to ask? I'm now curious what Shay is doing now or going to do, haha. i love this book. Thank you for sharing this!

Sep. 16 at 4:32 pm :
I did kind of allude to another book, didn't I. ;-) I wish I could say it's coming soon. I had several ideas, which is why I left it open for the prospect of continuing. But honestly, nothing is concrete as of this moment. Would you like to read another continuation if I did, even if it was an entirely different kind of book?

TheNerdGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 2 at 2:12 am:
that was absolutely beautiful but i still think it should've been shay. the entire story it sounds like thats the way its going then just boom she loves chase more.

luv2read replied...
Sep. 26 at 7:14 pm :
I agree it totally should have been shay the whole story was really aswesome and i really loved it but the ending.... i really wish it was shay 

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 4:00 pm:
This was very good. It was really good. You have a talent! but may I ask, what happened in the end??? Thank you for sharing this!

Aug. 2 at 7:03 pm :
Thank you so much for your comment! Haha! Can you tell I've been procrastinating. I've finished a couple of the next chapters but I haven't gotten around to posting it yet. Soon! I guess you'll have to stick around to find out. ;-)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 3 at 9:58 am :
Haha, I promise I'll stick around ; ) You're a really wonderful writer!

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 11:20 pm:
Oh my goodness! I love love love this. Keep it going.

HOPE_LOVER! said...
May 27 at 12:44 pm:
hi hope princess i think i will like to read this book when im older. how did you come up with the idea for this book it sounds amazing. B)

caskettluvr said...
Mar. 13 at 12:18 pm:
WHAT?! What happened?! I need more!! PLEASE!!!! That can't be the end. Where's the next chapter?! AHH!!!!! I'm desperate for more!!!!! Please write more... You write amazing work!!! BEAUTIFUL, but I NEED more. :D

Apr. 14 at 9:14 pm :
I promise more will be up in the next month. I know that seems like forever, but I need to do my best in college and finish the year strong before finishing my book. Please stick with me! :-) Thank you!

caskettluvr replied...
May 13 at 12:09 pm :
Hope_Princess, it's cool. I understand the stress of a lot of work. Just do your best in College and produce your book when ready. I just wanted you to know how much I love your book. Thanks!! :D

May 24 at 5:21 pm :
Added another chapter for ya! Enjoy!