Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?

KJAngelAuthor said...
May 24, 2012 at 7:35 pm:
One little thing : WHERE'S THE REST?????!!!!! I'm dyin' over here!!! I saw your book completely on accident, thought it sounded interesting, n then I couldn't stop reading it for like 2 hours!!!!!!! IT IS AN AMAZING STORY AND YOU AN ASTOUNDING AUTHOR!!!!!!!! I NEED MORE!!!!! :D! 8)!

KJAngelAuthor replied...
May 28, 2012 at 3:16 pm :
It's fine, I know EXACTLY how it is. Also, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!! :D!

Kitty.Meow.Daly said...
May 19, 2012 at 7:35 pm:
My computer won' t let me either!! How did you change it???

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm :

I'm the author and it won't even let me view more than the first chapter. 

I think something's up with the site. I had the same problem with reading someone else's story.

Thank you for reading!

Kitty.Meow.Daly replied...
May 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm :
It's so amazing so far <3 

nemish23 replied...
May 22, 2012 at 1:36 am :

the way around that is in the URL, after the name of the story you're reading you change the number.

e.g. .../Matchmakers-Mansion/3 will become ...../Matchmakers-Mansion/4

it works, i've been doing it for a while and it's the only way i can find around the problem.

and while i'm here, hope princess, PLEASE POST MORE!!!

<3

musicalgingerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 15, 2012 at 6:49 am:

take that you stupid computer! oh my goodness! this story is amazing! i love sweet chad andmysterious shay! you have to write more soon!

May 14, 2012 at 9:04 pm:
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 14, 2012 at 9:04 pm:
Grrrr my computer wont let me read on :( it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good

BluBirdWriter13 said...
May 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm:
Love, Love, Love this novel you have written lots of people seem to love it also keep writing you never know where your skills might take you. But i know it will be a place that is maganifacient

Athena19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing!! deffinitely my favorite novel i've read on here! please post more!

AddisonP. said...
As chase would say... Gah!!! This is so amazing!!!!!!!!! I am in suspense! I honestly hoped she would choose chase but now I'm not so sure.... I was against ever from the beginning. I feel like this is my new "team Edward team Jacob" thing. When will you post more????

Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm :

Haha!! I love Chase. <3

Most people don't like Ever, and I don't blame you. He's a little....strange. But there are reasons for it. So don't be too biased. :-D

Hmm...when will I post more? That's a difficult question to answer. I promise to try my best and post more soon. It just takes TeenInk so long to actually get it online.

Stay posted though, and I promise it'll come soon.

BaylRavxoxo said...
Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:41 am:
when are you going to write more? i love this book, it has to be my favourite out of all of them! (no offence to the other writers:D)

Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:47 pm :

Aww! Thank you so much! <3

There are so many other great writers out there, and I feel honored to know that  you love mine the most.

They'll be more soon. How soon, I don't know. It's been very busy for me. The only thing I can say is- SOON.

Thanks again!

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm :

BaylRavxoxo! I'm am shocked! (quetly giggling inside) Like Hope_Princess said, there are great writers out there! Like moi! (ROFL inside loudly) Don't you like my writing?!

Don't worry. I'm just joking. I must agree with you

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Would you preety plz tell us what  Asha's secret is? pretty plz? With a cheerry on top?

Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm :

Patience, my dear reader! Lol! It'll come up soon, but not too fast. It will all fall into place, besides...I love keeping you in suspense.

;-p

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm :
I don't want to be in suspense! (Big sigh) okay okay just write more, okay?  its really good.....

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:20 pm :
h yeah, it says you favorite series (one of them) is maximum ride. I wrote a fanfiction on max ride its called maximum ride: the final chapter  maybe you'll like it can you read it?

Breee said...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:43 am:
You better add to this some more! I hate how you think your  writing is amateur! ITS AMAZING. I loved it and I hope there is more soon!