Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?

Midnight_skies said...
I really hope there is more soon! I just found your story and I keep checking back for more chapters! It's a really great story :)

CrazyWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm:

Everytime I come back for more on this story, I always kick myself in the head (not literally...well..yeah). This story is so unique and different and like so many other TeenInkers this is a NEW plot. I cant correctly say that I have read a Story Super Similar to this one. I truely give you, TeenInker, a sound thunder clap.

I did notice that you said that this chapter was a' little fast' but I dont think that these particular chapters being fast is a negitive thing.. I think corrct me ... (more »)

CrazyWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm :

Oh and CONGRATS!!

Have fun in college!!

~CW

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm :

Thank you so much for your awesome comment- not just for your encouragement but for reminding me that I still need to finish this book. 

Honestly, I forgot all about this. Man, do things get hectic.

Thanks again!

RaisaMiri said...
Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm:
I loved this book!  Are there going to be any more chapters, or was chapter 24 the end?  I really hope there are more chapters and that you'll post them soon! :)

Britishgirl said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:33 pm:
This book is so good! you really need to add more! :) I would definitely read it

Freckles3 said...
Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:29 am:
This book is one of the best I've ever read on here. It's certainly a lot better gramatically (I'm a bit picky about that), and the story is very captivating. I can tell that there's going to be some heart-wrenching events coming up... Poor boys! They just can't help but love Asha!

Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:34 am :

Thank you so much!

It's good to be picky. I am too. There's so many books out there nowadays that are considered literature when they're really not. Good grammar is definitely a key item. :-)

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. It means a lot. ^_^

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm:
Well, I do love the name(; hehe!! Anyways, keep writing because oh my goodness I love this storyyy!!

Jun. 17, 2012 at 4:56 pm:
OMG! SOOOO GLAD YOU POSTED MOREE! been waiting forever so it was super awesome to check back today and find another wonderful chapter! ALso- love the name Ella- I share it!! Heehee!! (:

Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:24 pm :

Is your name Ella? That's epic. I picked it because I thought it would fit Ever's love perfectly. I wanted the readers to know that she was pretty, kind, and sweet all through her name.

Heehee! Thank you so much for checking back. I'll see you soon with more chapters. :-)

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:53 am:
I love it! I am officially addicted ^_^ Started reading this a lil while ago out of curiosity... it is now 11:52pm... ahhhhhh >_> It's really good!!! :D
Chapter 25? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Of course, take your time, must be abusy time in your life :)

P.S. I love how you have the little author's comments scattered throughout the chapters... it's really interesting the little questions you ask and yeah, did I mention how much i love it...!

Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm :

Haha! You are now my MM addict. That makes me so happy, knowing that I created a story interesting enough to capture your attention.

I promise that Chapter 25 will be up soon. I'll see you then. Gah! I'm so happy you love it!

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:55 am :
It's captured my attention and left me thinking about all through the day haha just wondering what happens next! A friend of mine is also on Teen Ink I have told her she MUST READ it! I explained the plot to her and she was immediatly interested :D
5/5 stars? I think yes :)

AWESOME! :D I can't wait to follow it ^_^ You are such an epic writer :)

TrueToMyself said...
Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:46 am:
AMAZING story! I love it :) can't wait for more! <3

Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:20 pm :
Aww! Thanks so much. What you've said is what every writer wants to hear. :-D

C.L.Erins said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:48 pm:
still in love with this story!! <3 :) and congrats on graduating.

Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm :

Thank you sooo much!

It feels great to be graduated. I'm a little scared, but completely thrilled about what the next chapter in my life will hold. (And I know God will always be there to help me, so I have nothing to fear.)

<3 Thank you for reading!

nemish23 said...
Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:53 pm:

That's such an interesting twist! I can't wait to know how it'll turn out, but as Augustus said, take your time.

<3

AugustusH20s said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm:
Ah, what an interesting idea! Excited to read more but take your time c: