Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?

Bayleigh_loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:33 am:
OMG!!!! I am IN LOVE with this book!!! It could seriously be a real novel that you would find in Barnes and Noble!!! This book captivates me in ways no other book could and I just really really love it!!! Its even in my top 5 in my favorite books and authors in my profile!!! Just keep on writing this amazing book!!! Oh and I hope you get into a good college!!!! Have a great summer --Bayleigh

Bayleigh_loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm :
You are so welcome! You have this amazing talent and imagination that no other person could have! I bet that if you got this book in stores world-wide it would be sold out in a matter of weeks! Please keep writing and have fun in college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Aecnboo said...
May 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm:
I'm glued effortlessly to every page! Must read more!!

Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:34 am :
I totally agree :)

bloodrayne24 said...
May 17, 2013 at 11:04 am:
i love the whole thing please write more!

Remy15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16, 2013 at 11:01 am:
please write more i would love to know what happens!!!!!!!!!!

yourlove-mywings said...
May 8, 2013 at 2:02 pm:
Seriously!! you need to write more!!! i want to know what happens! I am not a very patient person!!!! PLEASE WRITE MORE!!! i don't generally read stories, but you had me so intrigued I couldn't stop reading!!! write... NOW!!!!!!!!

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
May 5, 2013 at 10:22 pm:
HOLY. MOTHER. DUCKLING. WRITE. MORE. NOW. I. COMMAND. YOU. WRITEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!

ShyKarma said...
May 3, 2013 at 8:11 pm:
please write more soon i love the story!

HeyAmeliaKay said...
May 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm:
Loving the story so far keep writing! I can't wait for the update! Almost as addictive as Doctor Who ;)

mimi2020star said...
May 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm:
THIS IS GREAT! WRITE MORE LIKE RIGHT NOW WE ALL LOVE IT

Kat M. said...
WHAT THE HECK?!

Kat M. said...
its just...so... ADDICTING. ITS UNREALISTIC AND SO CONFUSING BUT SOOOOO ADDICTING! LIKE ERMAHGERD!

loner4life:( said...
This book was AMAZING!!! I love it. I really want to know what happens next. You ABSOLUTELY NEED to keep writing. PLEASE!!! I am dying to know more. Keep writing. XD

Cutey-Beauty said...
Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:13 am:
When will you write more? We are DYING.....from thirst for more...LOL. Love your story btw. Very original and well thought out.

ShyKarma said...
 Loving the story please write more soon

Hazel101 said...
Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:22 am:
This book is soooo good!! I'm addicted!! Please write more soon! :(

AbbaDabbaDoo said...
Well written, original, and with an interesting plot! Keep it up and hurry it up, we want more!

ShyKarma said...
i love this story please write more soon

yukie12 said...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:36 am:
Amazing story pllz wright more

Saraah said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:43 pm:
this story is AMAZING!! please keep writing, you are a great novelist! am looking forward to reading your next chapters becuz it cant just end at ch 26! plzzzz complete! love ya :)