Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

This book has 284 comments. Post your own now!

caskettluvr said...
Mar. 13 at 12:18 pm
WHAT?! What happened?! I need more!! PLEASE!!!! That can't be the end. Where's the next chapter?! AHH!!!!! I'm desperate for more!!!!! Please write more... You write amazing work!!! BEAUTIFUL, but I NEED more. :D

hnmattison replied...
May 28 at 8:59 am
This was so amazing! I have been checking for a new chapter, and I finally saw it today! I can't wait for the next one!

Reached_out said...
Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:00 am
Write moreeee! I know it tooks a lot of time but your work is just amazing! I wish you all the best!

Ms.PeytonLovesHP said...
What?! No! No! No! That can't be the end! No! No! You can't-but I- But you- No! That's not the end, please tell me it's not! *pleading*

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Haha! I would be the worst writer ever if that was the end. No worries. I'm working on the end right now. :-)

ZackTheAlligatorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I just want to tell you how great this story is! I'm really not one for reading a lot (I do the writing half xD), but I am so hooked on this story. I left for a bit, and when I came back, I realized that I was already on chapter fifteen...after just a few hours spent before! You seem like a great story-teller, even if, as you say, it needs some review before publishing; think you'd take a look at my stuff? It'd mean a lot to me.

Ilovetowrite said...
Are you trying to get published

Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:17 am
Trying is definitely not the word I would use to describe my efforts at the moment. Wishing, yes. Trying, no. Maybe I will try someday though. It will need a lot of work before I reach that stage. Right now it's more for fun, knowing that I can post and have people read it without having to go through the laborous effort of making sure every tiny detail is literature worthy.

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! I feel so honored! <3 I've submitted another chapter. Please be patient as it is reviewed and put up soon! :-) Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment.

animalluvr4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I am hooked on your story!!!!!!  You should submit another chapter!  ;D

Animatrix said...
Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:24 am
While surfing the net I found your story. I was hooked from the first page and spent the last few hours reading it. I made an account now because I had to tell you how amazing and real your writing was and to beg you to write MORE! It's really inspiring.

Readobsesion said...
NEXT CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

Haha! You've convinced me to write more. I'm desperately trying to finish the ending, but I'm trying to make it good enough. I hate endings that fizzle out; it needs to be STRONG! <3

mimiluvinwhat replied...
I agree totally and absolutely you need to write more.

Readobsesion said...
Please write more! For my sake and everyone else's, please write more! I love the characters, they are just so different from each other. My favourite was Ever.

AconiteDeliriumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Please please please please please write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love_Writing_ said...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you'll try to get this published....you have so much talent and I am ADDICTED....love love love this!

yourlove-mywings said...
PLEASE WRITE MORE!!!! I'm desperate for a good story. All I write is crap, so I like reading other peoples stories. Amazing, you need to add more chapters quickly. And good luck in college?

Bayleigh_loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Omg this is AMAZING! Please please please please please please please please PLEASE write more!

The_Cheese said...
I love this story and cannot possibly wait for more, so please update as soon as humanly possible

awesomenesss said...
love the book cant wait to see what happens next