Matchmaker's Mansion

Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^
Author's note: Hope you enjoy! If you want to read the next chapter just post me a comment and I will. ^_^  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

Matchmaker's Mansion: Ch. 1

The sign swung back and forth in the chill wind with a squeaking noise like it hadn’t been oiled for years. Once it had slowed to a gentle back and forth motion, she read the faded gold letters on the wood background.

MATCHMAKER’S MANSION- the elegant letters spelled out on the sign. Hesitantly, she looked to the door that it hung over.

Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. Asha shuffled in place, glancing at the door again. Yes, I am mad at my ex-boyfriend but is that reason enough to enter the creepy-looking place? The windows were covered with dust so that she couldn’t see through and the mint-colored paint was peeling off the front door in long strips.
NO! I have to prove him wrong- prove to him that I am capable of reeling in someone other than him. I don’t need him anymore, and I can find someone 500 times better.
With her courage boosted by her self-lecture, she strode over to the door and turned the door handle. She expected a huge creak like the sign over the door, but instead the door didn’t make a sound. It opened easily into a room dimly lit by a myriad of small candles strategically placed so that the entire room glowed. The scent of roses tickled her nose, the room perfectly warm compared to the biting cold of outside.

As she unwound her scarf from around her neck to let herself breathe better, she spotted a white velvet chair sitting before a desk. At the desk sat a man in an extravagant red wine suit that looked like it belonged in the Victorian era along with the white chair.

“Come right in, miss, wouldn’t want you to catch cold on this blustery morning,” he said in a pleasant tone, but all she could think was- Who talks like that nowadays? –and- I like his accent.

The door was already closed, so she took a few steps forward. He motioned her to come closer with a waving hand and she obeyed. She lowered her thawed-out self into the white chair, feeling like she was dirtying it by sitting on it.

“Well, since this is the Matchmaker’s Mansion, I can presume what you are here for. You’ve come for a match…correct me if I’m wrong,” he leaned forward on his elbows. The candlelight bounced off of his gelled hair, making it extremely shiny.

“You are 100% correct, sir,” she smiled despite the fact that her heart was shivering with uneasiness.

“Right then, I suppose you’d like to fill out a form then. Here are the papers,” he dropped a stack of papers in front of her on the desk that made her mouth gape wide open. “Once you’re done— ring the bell. Our master matchmakers will go through every one of your answers and I will notify you in letter form when we have found the choice few that will most likely be your match. From there the fun begins.” He rubbed his hands together. “Now if you’ll excuse me,” he rose from his chair and before a single word could escape her mouth—he was gone.

She looked down at the stack of papers, having the sick feeling that a schoolgirl gets looking at her homework. Might as well get started. She pulled a feather pen from the marble cup on the desk and read the first line:

Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next »

This book has 289 comments. Post your own now!

KittyKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:58 am
I'll be waiting for chapter 21... 22... or as many as you post> you have an amazing talent

Hope_Princess replied...
It's here! The chapter you've been waiting for! Thank you so much for reading. :-D

Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:56 am
i would think she picks shay... I would too. but what if there was a major twist and She picked Ever! Like she wanted the one who tried to get her to pick the pther too. that'd be weird

BluBirdWriter13 said...
please write more i want you to write more its amazing i will be waiting for chapter 21

Hope_Princess replied...
Thank you so much for reading and the encouragement. I hope you enjoy the new chapter!

Woahalliee said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 am
You must write more!! PRONTO!

Hope_Princess replied...
Yes ma'am. I've written more- ENJOY!

alliejae said...
Please write more!! Chapter 20 was the most recent right?? keep going i love it sooo much

Hope_Princess replied...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

Chapter 21 is on its way. It just takes forever for TeenInk to submit it.

Thank you for waiting so far!

LiVeLaUgHlOvE__ said...
please post the next chapter... i check almost everyday to see if it is up yet!!!!

Hope_Princess replied...
Awww-you're too cute. It warms my heart to know that you love my story. :-D Keep reading!

Rebekah_Cruz said...
Mkay let me think... Who would I choose?... Chase is like a little kid that has a major crush on a girl older than him. But Shay, depsite his weirdness and mysteriousness in the beginning, is turning out to be kind of romantic (I can tell) and treats her like woman her age. Shay all the way.

Hope_Princess replied...

Very good logic. I like you already. :-D (In a good way.)

Keep reading to see who really gets her.

CbsiegelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23, 2012 at 12:10 am
CHOOSE SHAY!!!!!!!

Cut-out-ur-eyes said...
I LOVE IT! MORE! MORE! MORE! Shay is my favorite

owl-girl said...
Pleas, please, please write more! And if Asha doesn't choose Ever, please send him to my school PRONTO! Thanks :) please write more soon, and if you have time, check out my novel, Spirit Bound? Thanks :)

DirectingGabs said...
I love it! My computer won't let me read chapter 20 though... It's making me extremely sad. But, good job so far!

DirectingGabs replied...
Nevermind! Hehe, I fixed it. I love chapter 20 now! Right more please!:D

LillyDenshaweThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 11:32 am
OMG! It's so good! I want more! I'm rooting for Chase and Shay and hoping that Ever knocks some sense into one of them...

Hope_Princess replied...
Aww! You're so sweet. You even said that my book was one of your favorites. I feel more than honored. I'm onto the new chapter as I speak. I hope it'll be up soon. :-) Thanks again!