Fifty Days of Smiles

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Next »

Will

“Will, get up!” Josie walked into my room and yanked the blinds back. “Josie, Josie, Josie. What are you doing here at this early hour?” she snorted and sat the edge of my bed patting my legs. “It’s not early, Will, it’s ten o’clock. Sweetie, you should learn to not spend your whole weekends in bed.” She leaned over, patted my hair down, and kissed my forehead.
“Good morning.” She cooed sweetly with her lips in my hair. I pulled her up next to me and she wrapped her arms around my waist. “Hey, baby. What are our plans for today?” I asked stroking the little baby hairs at her hairline near her ears. She flicked a blonde hair off her shoulder and sighed.
Josie and I had been together then for about a year. I really liked Josie. She was good to me and we had really good times together. She was pretty, and funny, and she was really sweet. My mom liked her to, that was a definite plus.
My mom ruled the house. Dad didn’t do anything but be her slave and that made me angry. But who’s complaining when you’re fed three plus meals a day, have a very comfortable bed, and all the amenities needed to make a guy happy? All I knew was I wasn’t the one to complain.
Mom and Dad were big in the horse business. Two years ago, we moved to Landon to make it bigger and it was so far so good. That was when I met Josie, and then a year later I worked up the nerve to ask her to homecoming. It worked out and we had been together ever since. And we really had had great times. “Jos, we need to do something fun soon.
“Landon is getting slowly irritating. I’m itching to get out of here.” I sat up and pulled her against my chest. She scooted down and laid her head on my lap. “Tomorrow Daddy is giving me his car. We can drive somewhere. Raleigh? Yeah, a day trip.” I leaned my head back and moaned. “Aw, man, no, I can’t. Business dinner with my mom tomorrow at some new trainers. I don’t even get why I’m going.” She rubbed my arm.
“You’re going because Demi and Dutch are your horses and they need training to make you money. One day you will be even richer than your parents.” I laughed at the thought.
Me, living in a huge mansion in Beverley Hills and horses out the whazoo. Pretty scene.
I shrugged, stood, and looked out the window at all the horses. For some reason they all seemed the same. Like nothing in this world could set them apart from another. They were just something that was there. Nothing important. They just fit nicely.
You know, I didn’t even choose Demi and Dutch. They were never really my horses to begin with. They were just investments my dad had bought for me. I found nothing special about them. Just that they were bred well and they were born to make money.
“Yeah, I guess so.” I muttered quietly. “Want to be the best girlfriend in the world and make me a pop tart and orange juice?” I asked pulling her into me and she rested her head on my chest. “Sure.” She smiled and reached on her tip toes to kiss me.
These were the moments I needed Josie.
I pulled on a t-shirt and some swim trunks, thinking I was going swimming later. My phone on my night stand buzzed so picked it up. “Hey, Paul.” I yawned then put the book I had fallen asleep reading in my nightstand drawer. “Listen, Will, I need you to watch the shop for me today. My grandma died so it’s an emergency.” I stopped for a second.
“Yeah, sure thing. I’m sorry for your loss, tell your parents for me, alright?” Funny, I had never heard Paul mention death. I didn’t even think the word was in his vocabulary. “Ha, yeah I will. And it’s no big deal or anything, Grandma wasn’t really. You know what. She’s dead so I shouldn’t say mean things. Well thanks, dude, you saved my ass.” I laughed and hung up.
“Josie!” I called jogging down the steps. “What?” she asked sitting on a stool reading a health magazine sitting next to me breakfast. “Thank you.” I held her face and kissed her forehead. “We’re watching ‘Glace a la Crème’ for Paul’s family. His grandmother died.”
She made a concerned face then went back to reading. “Aww, that’s sad.” She muttered; her mind off into something else. I sipped my orange juice slowly like I did every morning and then ate my pop tart. I put the plate in the sink and clapped my hands together.
“Poppy!” I called. My mother’s dog was a total rat. He was a poodle thing but his hair was different, maybe he was smaller, I don’t know. I could care less to be honest, but for descriptive sake he’s a poodle. “Poppy come here!” the little thing came running over to me and rubbed against my legs. Then he barked. I hated his bark.
I grabbed him around the waist and put him in the kennel with a treat.
We drove to the store and walked behind the counter. Josie took a sampler spoon and dug into the mocha ice cream. “Mmm. Mom won’t buy ice cream anymore.” I smiled when I could tell she got a brain freeze.
“Alright. You serve, I’ll do the back.” I walked into the cold room and looked around. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do back here. Make ice cream? I couldn’t. So I sort of played around. We had a lot of customers in the morning and not many around lunch time.
Then, around four o’clock, we had our first customer in a while. I heard the jingle of the door but didn’t look back. I could hear them talking, Josie and a boy, and that made me look.
And there she was.
Gorgeous, gorgeous girl. I had never seen her before. I needed an excuse to go out there. I came out with a bucket of ice cream and placed it in an empty container.
“Well, Josie, since you won't serve anyone, I will."I said something like that. I made an effort not to look at her. I introduced myself to the guy and she walked out abruptly after her phone rang. So I ended up losing interest. I had a girlfriend, Josie was so perfect. So I didn’t think twice about it.

Kelsey_O said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm:
is there more!!!! :)

natygrace1217 replied...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 7:16 pm :
oh lots!  but it's pretty much caught up!  sso im working on it.  it barely just reached the climax so the real action is coming really soon!

BlackRose55This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm:

Awsome, thank you very much X3

Jun. 11, 2011 at 9:10 am:
Yes.... Is there more then that!? I want more XD

natygrace1217 replied...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 10:38 am :
hahaha im working on it!

noel0808 said...
MORE

natygrace1217 replied...
Apr. 15, 2011 at 4:20 pm :
haha!  i actually do have more and i will post it soon.