Exiled | Teen Ink

Exiled

This is just an inspiration that came in my mind. Please be honest and don't copy any part of work.. I wanted to know if it was worth continuing and writing into a complete book.

I was in Chemistry, the last class before the bell to freedom would ring. Summer was finally here, after eleven whole months of school, vacation for three months sounded like heaven. “Riiiiing!” At last, reaching out to grab my white polka dotted back pack, and my red worn out jacket, I sprinted out into the crowded hallway, all filled with familiar faces which I hoped I wouldn’t see until school opens. Battling and jostling myself through the crowd, I kept an eye out for my best friend Ashley; she was my ride home today. After what seemed like forever, I had finally freed myself out of the death trap and ran out to the library, where she said she would meet me.
“Danica!” Ashley cried out to me. Waving my long short arms in the air I gave her an indication of where I was standing. She jogged up to catch me her bright yellow summer dress flowing in the back behind her as if the wind was caressing it; Ashley was one of the few people who I could trust in my lonely world. I remember when she and I first met at a text book line on the first day of school we had instantly bonded, it felt like we’ve known each other for ages. Ever, since that day and the fact that she was in my French class during my freshman year and sophomore year, Ashley and I have became best friends for life or so we like to say. People tell us we fight like a married couple we’re as different as two people can get. While Ashley was tall and skinny standing at five foot 6 inches, caramel and mocha colored, and had small light brown eyes. I was short and petite, with a tan ivory skin tone, and had big dark brown serious eyes. She had straight natural shoulder length black hair and an oval shaped face. My head was mixed with brackish hair a combo of black and brown, it was wavy and curly. Ash was the envy of a lot of girls in school, and to top it off her personality sweet as honey. I was known for my brash and bold attitude, I wasn’t afraid of hurting someone feeling if it meant telling them the truth. Therefore, I would sometimes come off as rude and brusque, but Ashley was known for her kindness and sweet disposition. Sometimes I wonder how she and I became best friends. While I am reserved about my life, Ashley was an open book. I preferred jeans and tees; which as usual I was in right now. Faded blue levy jeans and a red Mickey Mouse tee. She was all about dresses and classy chic clothes.
“It’s about time, where exactly were you”? I enquired, not caring if I was sounding like a grouch.
“Sorry, I got stuck up with the counselor, she was giving me a lecture about summer school” she groaned out loud.
Wow, I thought to myself. How could she even think about summer school when we just got out of prison, in other words school. We walked out of the noisy hallway towards the rushing, and roaring parking lot, filled with bratty juveniles who thought they were cool blasting their music out to the whole world. Do they ever even stop to think that maybe they’re bothering people? No, why would they? They were spoiled, and snotty. The sun, merciless as usual, brought his rays down onto us fellow earthlings and burned our skins with pleasing satisfaction. As if I wasn’t already tanned enough, thanks to my amazing genes. I would love to complain about my skin to my parents, but the problem is I don’t know anything about my past. Who are my parents, what did they look like, do I look anything like them? How did I get my ivory skin, small button nose, big eyes, and plain face?
“Earth to Danica!” Ashley chimed out.
I gave her a confused look, but kept moving on. We had reached her shiny, black BMW. One of Ashley’s most prized possession. Every time I would look at it, I longed for a car I could call my own. Ashley was loaded, and I was broker than broke. The only reason I even went to a private school filled with rich jerks, was because of my exceptional grades, or else I would have been in some public school. Almost all the cars were gone by now, with the exception of a couple of cars here and there. Dropping my back pack off into the back seat I, took my off my worn out pink pumas and exchanged them with some white plastic flip flops. Loosening my sandy blonde hair, I made a perfect high pony tail. I told Ashley to wait until I was completely changed into my brand new life guard swim wear which I had gotten a day before, because now I was officially a life guard. It’s hard to imagine me saving other random people’s life when I couldn’t save my own. Darting my eyes around all around the parking lot, I changed and pulled a baggy loose white shirt over me. I quickly shifted seats, so that I was seated in the passenger seat. She charged out of the small square parking lot and drove towards the community pool, my secret haven. Where I could cry about all my problems alone, think about life, and be true to myself. I don’t have to pretend that I’m a tough girl who thinks that shedding tears are a sign of weakness, when in reality I’m just like every other girl out there, in need of love and someone to hold on to and be taken care of. Silence rested between us, neither of us bothered by its heavy presence. I regretted wearing my knee length cut off shorts, the air conditioners blast of cool air tickled my smooth, short legs teasing them with light goose bumps. Flying past us was the warm green tops of the pecan trees, in a canopy guiding our path. Twenty minutes later we were pulling into the parking space at the pool.
“Thanks, Ash” I whispered to her.
She looked up at me questioningly, “you ok, Dany”?
I assured her I was ok, and just a bit weary from the heat and a long day. Grabbing my stuff from the car I briskly walked towards the pool, wanting to get away from her as fast as I could, so she wouldn’t sense that I was feeling kind of upset. The clock read five-thirty when I entered the big iron gate of the pool. Smell of Chlorine overwhelmed my nose and the lovable laughter of little kids fluttered into my ears. It swiftly cured my sour mood. I was all smiles when Mary my co-worker beamed at me with her radiant smile. Her shift was up, after saying “hey” to everyone and catching up with daily gossip. I got down to work and sat down on my life saving throne, and watched over my people, making sure no one was breaking any rules. The clear sky blue waters of the pool, was extremely tempting to just jump in and enjoy the comfort it would bring. It was nearly twilight when it was time to close the gates of the pool. I blew my silver metal whistle and signaled the people that they had five minutes to get out of the pool, grab their stuff and go out. Mean while, I cleaned up the bathrooms and did a routine clean up check, and last but not least my co-worker and I sanitized the pool with freshwater and made sure it was safe to use for the next day. Nearly ten o clock by the time both of us finished, I told David my co worker to go on without me, I wanted to be by my self for a while. I took out my stuff from my locker and got ready to lock the iron bar gates. It was a moonless night out; the sky a dark dark navy blue with brightly lit crystal clear stars all shining out from above. It was magic. The trees and bushes played shadows down on the paved sidewalk, frogs, and crickets chirping somewhere in the distance. I let down my silky blonde hair down and let it taunt my arms, making it feel like I have a bug running down them, when really it’s just my hair acting like a mischievous child enjoying its freedom after being cooped up in a pony tail for such a long time. Yellow fluorescent lights from people’s windows reminded me of the family that I’ve never had, and what it would be like to have one.
“Crack” I swiveled around, my heart beating a thousand beats per minute. What was that noise? Must be some sort of animal I tried to convince my cowardly heart. But nonetheless I rapidly picked up my pace and started off into a quick jog. I could see my house just beyond the trees, so near yet it felt like it was miles away. I thought I heard someone footsteps behind me, not daring to look back and I vigorously ran now. Scared out of my wits, I didn’t see the wide S shaped crack in the sidewalk, and just my luck I would put my foot right into it. I could have sworn I heard a snap of a broken bone, but not caring at this point I just wanted to reach my home. I got up and decided to either limp which wouldn’t get me anywhere, I could hear the footsteps almost right behind me now. I decided to grab my pepper spray bottle from my back pack. In my hurry, the zippers seemed to take forever to zip open. Eventually, I reached in and scouted around until I felt the nozzle of the spray. He was right behind me now, His breathing came in deep shallow breaths. I tossed open the top with full force, jerked around 18o degrees and sprayed down hard with all my might… right into my face. I didn’t bother to see which way the spray was pointed to and in my moment of foolishness I practically made myself blind. Blood curling screams echoed out from me, just as the creep slapped his hand hard down on my open mouth. From the feel of the pressure on my mouth and his rough, deep voice I definitely knew it was a male. It was a voice that I vaguely recognized from somewhere, but from where? Panic surged inside of me, all sorts of crazy thoughts swimmed inside my mind. Acting like they owned my brain I couldn’t shut off any wild, ideas I was getting. He was trying to strangle my throat, and from the looks of it he was doing an amazing job. I was losing sanity and fast, either I somehow kick him where it hurts or lose my life faster than you can say “ouch”. My nails tried to claw any part of him I could, my feet thrashing in every direction they were free to. I was losing hope, my betraying eyes, brimmed over with hot traitor tears. My eyes were nearly about to pop out of my sockets and my face looked like a really red puffer fish all puffed up and ugly. Rotating my head, I grasped as much strength I could and bit him on his smooth pale hands. Holding on to the moment as much as I could have, I blindly began to crawl, my head just didn’t want to be on my side and refused to cooperate. Frantically, looking back to see where he went, just then my head collided with a giant oak tree. Pain immediately shot in my already hurting head and clogged up my mind. Not knowing where I was moving to, I led myself to my own death and went right into his arms. He tightened his grip upon my burning neck and was on the verge of cracking it. Just then his hands released my throat, coughing and gagging; the inside of my body was on fire. I couldn’t breath. I needed oxygen, but I had forgotten how to breathe. It seemed like a tedious process and I just wanted to close my eyes for a little while. I heard fists slamming, and jaws breaking. Who was my savior? I should say thank you to him. He gently picked up my thousand pound head and put it in his lap, told me how to breathe, and ran his fingers down my damp hair wet from perspiration. But it was way too late my harsh life flashed before my eyes for one last time, and I embraced my own death. Take me away; it’s better to die now than live a life filled with pain and suffering.

bika1 said...
bika1, Sugar Land, Texas
Hey I wrote this story a loong time ago as a experiment but thank you fo reading it. I swriously appreciate it!

D8 Why is there no more? Who saved her? What happened after she died? I need to know!!!