The Girl Next Door

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Tony Jacobs~Sleeping The Day Away

I woke up to sun blaring in my face, streaming from my window. I pulled the covers off and just sat there in my plaid boxers, thinking. I looked around at all the baseball pictures and trophies and then my eyes wander to the framed picture of my girlfriend, Chastity Long. She looked flawless. Too bad half of her was plastic. I never really liked Chastity, it was really just for my image and I knew that was a selfish thing to do, but I would do anything to be one of the popular guys and as long I
Hope you enjoyed!
was with Chastity and had a sport going for me, I was so in.
Then it hit me. It’s the last day of summer. I shouldn’t be sitting here in my underwear like a bum. I should be hitting the clubs with my friends! What was I thinking? And I had already wasted most of the day, it was already one. I immediately jumped out of bed and walked down the hall, almost trampling my little sister, Abbie. “Ew, Tony! Put some clothes on!” she said shielding her eyes.
I stared at the little 10 year old girl with her brunette braids and Hollister labeled clothing. I laughed and said, “You know you like it!” pushing past her. She pretended to gag. I walked into the cold tiled kitchen and found my mom looking through a gardening magazine.
She looked up and saw me. “Gosh, Tony. You’ve slept the day away, I thought you were dead.”
“Yeah, yeah,” I said rolling my eyes a little. “I think I’m going to go the pool or something.”
“You’re going to bring your sister, too, right?” she looked at me, dead serious.
“Mom!” I whined. “Are you kidding me?” I said, giving her the most disgusted look I could come up with.
My mom had a good laugh and said, “Kidding, kidding. I’m taking Abbie last minute school shopping, don’t worry.”
“I hate you!” I said laughing at myself.
“Hey, did you see that big moving truck outside next door?”
“Huh? What?” I said, running over to the window to peek outside.
“Yeah, I guess we’ve got new neighbors.” she said.
I squinted out the window, trying to find any signs of the family. All I could see was men bringing boxes into the empty house. “Pretty cool,” I said.
“I’m thinking about taking Abbie over to greet them…I should probably bake something. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?”
“Yeah, mom.” I said. “Well, I’m going to hit the pool, now.”

Jaguar17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:59 am:
Umm, More Please? It's brilliant :)

IwiLLhOpE said...
Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:24 am:
Hey...uh,where's the rest of the story?  Girl,if you don't finish it I am going to hunt you down! Just kidding. Your story's amazing :)

Lady_Muffin said...
You are a very good writer. I like your chapters a lot. I only have one concern, please limit your cussing. I know that you star it, but please I can still read the titles and when you use the fword as a title, well its kind of disturbing.

peggy14 said...
wwwrrrrrrrrrriiittttttttttteeeeeeeeee moreeeeeeeeeee  plz:)  

ItWillRain said...
May 10, 2012 at 11:10 am:
Hi i'm new here, how can i read the next chapter?? nothing happens when i press "next" :/

Light_Walker said...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:20 am:
This story is very realistic. It captures just how many teenagers run through their daily lives. The song "Tear Drops on My Guitar" actually reminded me of this story. Great job and I hope you can find the time to write more!

msoledadvc said...
I like it pretty much! It is very realistic. I wish you could end it, I don't really like loose ends... :)

Peyton C. said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:48 pm:
Oh my god! It's REALLY REALLY GOOD! You need to write more! I have a question though. He said, "Did I lead her on?" at the end. I though he kind of was? That he liked her?

RunningGingerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:09 am:

Awkward Moments... Gotta Love Em...

I wish I could write more then a prologue... I get a plot figured out but I try to write the story and feel like it is terrible and quit...

bookworm223 replied...
Feb. 8 at 4:46 pm :
I know exactly how you feel!!!!! But I've learnt to keep going, and I promise that the results will be great!!! 

mudnainah said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm:
I loved this story. too bad you stopped :(

Sydney46 said...
You have to keep writing you cant just leave us hanging like this!

hannahbbycakes said...
Thank you SO much to everyone who's commented. (: It means so much to me. I'm afraid that I've kind of abandoned this plot. But I'm happy to say that I'm working on a new piece that I'll be uploading soon! (:

Kitty.Meow.Daly replied...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm :
:O just leave us hanging like that, I bet your next piece is gonna be just as good :D

hannahbbycakes replied...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm :
Haha. Well, I might get back to it, who knows! (:

Kitty.Meow.Daly said...
Please finish!!! I'm hooked!!!

momomonkey02 said...
Omg! I need to know what happens next! Please write more!

PrincessSparkleStar said...
I Really likethis story! I wish every boy would choose the girl nxt door. Please write more and please check out my poem, remember that day?

IT_WILL_RAIN said...
pllllleeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeee write more!!!!!!!

B-Rain said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:38 am:
This was really really good, your plot is realistic, along with your characters. It is also relatable to some teen situations which makes it even better! I can't wait to read the rest, keep writing!