New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > Among the Stars

Among the Stars

TheGoodTwin
Among the Stars
Summary: you'll just have to read it and find out........

nemish23 said...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:35 am:

are you planning to continue this? because i think it has a lot of potential to be turned into a longer story!

but i do love it the way it is, not too cliche and every so sweet. i love the name 'january snow'- how'd you come up with that?

TheGoodTwin replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm :
No, sorry. i have no idea where my characters would go after this. IF there is even a story left to tell. But i'll think about it. I meant it to be a short story in itself, not like an actual chapter in a book but thank you! 
As for her name, well, i have a secret penchant for interesting and unusual names. I don't remember exactly how i came up with january snow(it was a long time ago) but i think that I just wanted a name that would go perfectly with my setting. 

C.L.Erins said...
wow you are a really good writer!! i really liked the setting of the story cause i usually dont accociate snow with the beach, really creative :)

TheGoodTwin replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:00 pm :
Thank you! I always try to be different....maybe a little too hard! lol

C.L.Erins replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:13 pm :
lol its good to be different :)

Bookworm1998 said...
this is relly good! i really like January because she's a really good character, unexpecting and different. i also like that the story didn't have a cliche ending - just perfect! 

TheGoodTwin replied...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm :
Thanks! i like her a lot, too. i also think that cliches are overrated(which is why they call them cliches) and try to stay as far away from them as i can. Thanks for your input!

Squeaks said...
This is really good, Twin. I wish you would think about continuing it, but if that's where you would like to stop, I think it is perfect just the way it is. You are an excellent writer, you put plenty of feeling and a great balance of description and action and all that. :)

TheGoodTwin replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 4:01 pm :
thanks a bunch. ;) but just a question, do you think the "moving" thing was a little too corny or melodramatic? My "Evil" Twin was saying that. Or maybe she was just being cynical......what do you think?

Drive_it_home_with_one_headlight said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:07 pm:
Please keep going. I would love to know what happens. Seriously.

TheGoodTwin replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 4:08 pm :
Hahaha. So would I. This piece was written for school as a short story and I had to post it in teenink. I never even considered a different ending--mostly because I wanted it to be one of those open ended short stories I hate so much; the kind that held infinite possibilities. Either way, January and Caleb could get together and have one of those passionate long distance relationships--if you're a hopeless romantic. Or they could grow apart, never quite realizing what they had--if you're a reali... (more »)

TheEvilTwin said...
May 19, 2011 at 6:55 pm:
Like 20 min ago

TheEvilTwin said...
May 19, 2011 at 6:30 pm:
Hey! My friend agreed with me that it IS corny. Moving IS NOT dying.

TheGoodTwin replied...
May 19, 2011 at 6:42 pm :
Ouchess. Well, moving, most of the time, sucks

TheGoodTwin replied...
May 19, 2011 at 6:43 pm :

And by the way, when did you create an account?

TheEvilTwin said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm:

Secondly, the girl's appearance is a little cliche. Who's been reading Beautiful Creatures? But overall, nice job, lil sissy

TheEvilTwin said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:26 pm:
Like my screen name, Sis? Okay, here's the criticism: First of all, it's a little corny. That's not to say it's bad- it's good. It's just corny, too. Second, you act like the moving thing is life or death. When she said, "i need to tell you something," i thought all sorts of other stuff. Come out with it. The gap left my mind to wander to "inappropriate" items.

TheGoodTwin replied...
May 19, 2011 at 6:09 pm :
*Sigh* i guess i can never satisfy the beast! LOL. Well, and no, i was think Asian, not white girl with black hair. DUH! And it's supposed to be like life and death! To me, it IS like life and death. and Corny isn't that bad, i wasn't planning on adding or anything to it anyway....and btw thanks. And just so you know, I'm the BIG sis. not the LITTLE!

Mary_S. said...
May 2, 2011 at 3:24 pm:
Oh, wow, this is written really well. I didn't see any typos, and the plot and writing style are both good. Caleb's got some issues doesn't he? Why is it he can't say "I love you?" I hope there's gonna be more to this, and that this isn't it!

TheGoodTwin replied...
May 2, 2011 at 4:16 pm :
Hahaha. I'm glad you finally found it! lol. Yeah, i guess he does, doesn't he? I've never really considered writing more, since it was something i wrote for school. But i'll really think about it......Thanks for posting!