April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

New friends & Movies

I smiled and waved goodbye. I went to turn and saw that someone was there. A girl with straight red hair was staring at me. She was wearing an oversized T-shirt that almost covered her jean shorts. He green eyes were like Lilly pads. “So you’ve met Jake. Someone’s got access to the pops.” I raised an eyebrow. “You know Popular.” She explained. “I’m Alex.” I nodded. “April. So what were you saying about him?” I asked. She sighed. “High school cliques. Unfortunately every teenager around here has one. Me? I am the nobody. That person that blends in with everyone else. You know the shadow on the wall that no one seems to care about.” I looked at her and saw that no expression was one her face. “I’m sure that’s not true.” I said firmly. “It is.” She replied. Her voice was flat. “Well were going to change that.” She smiled at me and we both walked to together to a yogurt place across the street. “You know this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.”
--------------------------------------------
“So were on for tonight?” She asked again. “Course. Can’t wait.” I waved goodbye to Alex and went back home to shower. We were going to the movies to see this movie that she swears is going to be amazing. It’s a remake of beauty and the beast. I think it was called Beastly. Anyways it going to be fun to hang out with her. We talked for a while and she seems pretty cool. Nice enough to hang out with. When I got home I found packages all over the living room. “Whoa what is this?” I asked. My dad came out from the kitchen. “Uh your bed room what else?” I smiled. “Hey Dad.” I gave him a quick hug. “Oh Dad I forgot to ask. Is it okay if I go to the movies with a friend tonight? It’s the girl I met at the beach. I promise it’s completely safe. You can even drive me.” My mom was so over protective of me so I always had to say this stuff to convince her to let me go. Dad laughed. “Trust me sweetie I believe you. Of course you can go. Oh and here.” In his hand he held a phone. Not just a phone, but the IPhone 4. “Who’s that for?” He laughed again. “You! I’m friends with the guy at the AT&T store and he let me get it for only fifty bucks.” He handed it to me and I marveled at the crystal screen. I looked up at my dad. “Oh my gosh I can’t believe this. THANK YOU!” I yelled as I gave him a huge hug. I got ready for the movie and decided to wear my favorite and oversized shirt that says “I love more” on it with some skinny jeans. Dad let me drive his car because he knows I already have my license. I texted Alex with the number she gave me.
Are you here yet? It’s April
I sat in the car and turned up the radio as it blasted Kesha’s new song we r who we r. The phone vibrated on my lap.
Yeah meet me outside the door
-I’m loving it!
I giggled at her signature as I came out of my car. I found her wearing skinny jeans with a yellow shirt that had a baby chick with popcorn in hand. A little bubble came out of its mouth saying “Chick flick night!” She wore all white converse to match. She smiled at me when she saw me. “Shall we go in?” She extended her arm and I looped mine into hers. “We shall.” We laughed and walked inside. We got some popcorn and soda and we walked over to the theater. Not many people were there. When the movie started Alex reminded me to put my phone on vibrate. I did as I was told just as the movie started.
--------------------------------------------------
When the movie was done both me and Alex agreed that the movie was cute. “Hey I gotta us the potty.” I giggled as she ran inside the bathroom. I turned to find someone directly behind me. I lost my balance, but the guy caught me before I could fall. “Whoa you okay.” I looked up to find a familiar face. “What are you doing here?” Jake and I said at the same time. I smiled while he laughed. “I was here with my little sister watching that remake of beauty and the beast.” I raised my eyebrow in surprise. “Wow the popular kindle breaking guy isn’t afraid to get caught seeing a chick flick with his little sister? I’m shocked.” He chuckled and then said, “Well no one comes to this theater as you can see.” I laughed then. “And I really am sorry about the kindle.” This guy’s conscious must really be nagging at him. “I’m just kidding. You better get used to that cause I’m going to hold this against you for the rest of your life.” We both laughed then. I couldn’t help, but stare at his eyes. They were just like the ocean. “You know you have eyes to kill for.” I said in a “matter of fact” tone. He smiled and thanked me just as Alex came out of bathroom. “Hey you want to get coooo…….what are you doing here?” She said as soon as she saw Jake. He laughed again. “Little sister.” Alex nodded like she understood. She then turned to me. “So you want to get cold stone or something? Unless you got a date here with Mr. Popular.” I rolled my eyes. “Very funny and I thought that yogurt is what’s cool now.” I teased. Now she rolled her eyes at me. “Yes, because I Alexandra Gonzalez follows what everyone else thinks is cool.” She said sarcastically. I realized Jake was just standing there, hands in pockets not really knowing what to do. I felt bad and turned towards him. “Do you want to come with us? You could bring your sister.” I added. Alex looked up at me with wide eyes and this expression that said, “ARE YOU CRAZY!” I ignored her stare and waited for Jake’s response. He ran his finger through his hair and said, “Sure why not.” So that was that. We had made it official despite the desperate glares Alex sent me. That night would be the start of everything. The friendship, the relationship, the break-up, and everything else that you will soon find out. This is the beginning of finding me.

BobbiMonkey said...
I really love this book i can't wait for more, if this was published and in bookstores i would just read it all in one day- keep on writing ;)

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm :
AWW! seriously? No one has ever told me that before! I will definetly keep you all posted! Two new one's coming this week!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 1:26 am :
You should take a look at the book i have written called Bulieve , that would be really cool ;)

CresentShadow said...
More, I need more! D:

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm :
Lol. No problem. Two new coming your way this week!

writerchik_123 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm:
I posted a new chapter! I hop you guys like it. This week I'm posting two more!

Blue4 said...
May 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm:
You are developing the story nicely, I like the characters, and the foreshadowing is a nice touch. One thing that kind of irkes me is that you keep on using "this". It makes your writing seem less mature and the character superficial, I guess that's the effect it has on me. Otherwise, great!

Blue4 replied...
May 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm :
"this" as in- "this nice desk" "this really cool magnetic board", etc., just to clarify

writerchik_123 replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:23 am :
Yeah sorry sometimes I have that problem. I'm glad that you liked it!

mal12 said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:24 am:

i really like your story! you do a good job of giving each of the characters their own personalities. Jake's my favorite :) 

keep writing and ide love to read more of your story soon! 5 stars!

writerchik_123 replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 4:00 pm :
Thanks! and I really like Jake too. lol :)