April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

"Oh yeah forgot to mention. My ex is your nemesis."

The music was blaring before we even got inside. “Are you sure we should go?” I asked Nick. “Of course. Besides I already promised Elvis I would come. Now people can see us together.” I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Okay let’s go.” We walked in hand in hand. The house was even bigger on the inside then outside. People were everywhere. In the middle of it all was the dance floor with lots of drunken people dancing. Nick tugged my arm and pulled me to a group of people in the corner. Two
I know its short, but wanted to give you all a cliff hanger.
guys and a girl. You will never guess who they were. “April?” Jake said. Suddenly I wasn’t so excited anymore. “Hey Jake.” I said wearily. Alison gave me her usual ‘I smell something bad’ face, but then turned her attention to Nick. A little smile crept on her lips. “Hey Nick.” She said smirking. He gave a smile and said, “Hey Allison. April that’s Allison, Justin, and you apparently know Jake.” I didn’t really notice the other guy till just now. He had dark hair and a really nice tan. His eyes were somewhere between sky blue and frog green. Hard not to look at. “Yeah I actually was one of the first people she met.” Jake replied. Nick looked surprised. “Really? You didn’t tell me that.” He said looking at me curiously. “Actually I did. I just never told you his name.” When realization crossed his face he tried to act casual. Well as casual as a guy can be when he realizes the guy his girl friend first liked is one of his good friends. “Oh yeah. Hey any of you guys want a drink?” He asked. He went off to get Allison and Jake a refill. I sat next to Justin. “You know you look familiar.” He said. I tilted my head and looked at him closely. “You don’t look like anyone I’ve seen before.” I replied. “Oh wait. Now I know. I’ve seen you at Starbucks.” Then it hit me. “You were the guy who spilled that cappuccino on the floor.” He laughed and said, “Yeah that’s me.” I giggled too. “So how do you know Nick?” I asked. “Oh we have been friends for years. Since grade school almost.” I nodded and he said, “How about you?” I told him how I met him at Starbucks and how he got to me. “Figures. He always goes after the pretty ones.” I blushed, but smiled. “Want some water?” He asked reaching over to the cooler beside him. I nodded and he pulled out two bottles. “You know I’m glad Nick found you. He’s been a little down since his last break up.” Me, being the curious cat I am, said, “Really? Anyone I might know?” I asked. He nodded as I took a sip. “Yeah you just met her. It was Allison.” Suddenly the phrase 'Curiosity killed the cat' had become very personal.

This book has 31 comments. Post your own now!

nemish23 said...

it's good. :)

the characters could be a little more defined and you should probably be aware of where your story is headed before you start, but it's going great.

keep writing! and i love julie&justin as well! keep writing that too!

writerchik_123 replied...
THANK YOU! And your right about the whole 'knowing where the stories going.' I'm still pretty new to writing and I've got all these ideas and I just want to write them all down at once! :) And I love Julie and Justin too

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
I think you need to write more. Soon.! :D

BobbiMonkey replied...
Are you going to add more to April Fresh, and your welcome, happy to give you support.

writerchik_123 said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:11 am
Okay everyone. I have come to a decision. I am going to be pretty much changing the whole book. Im sorry but i feel like I might have made a mistake with this whole vamp. Thing. So I'm just going to go with my original ideas. And special thanks to BobbiMonkey. You've been reading this since day one. Thanks for your support

writerchik_123 said...
i am honestly and genuinley sorry. I am having a MAJOR writers block. Im pretty much out of ideas. Feel free to give me some ideas. Until then I think I'm going to have to put April Fresh on hold for a little while. Read some of my other stuff in the meantime.

BobbiMonkey replied...
well, in your book since the vamps hate wolves, then how about april in about to be attacked by a vamp when she transforms. Just a idea- that u could use

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys! I am ever so sorry I havent posted in such a long time. I have been super busy with school and trying to pull my grades up. But with thanksgiving week this week I am going to give you all at least 3 new chapter! Thanks soo much for reading!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. sorry I havent posted in a while. Been busy with school. Im still pretty busy but i promise 2 new chapters by Nov. 8!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Can't wait for more chapters ( Please submit more soon!) ;)

BobbiMonkey said...
I Can't Wait For more Chapters to come :)

BobbiMonkey replied...
I been looking to see if there is more chapters and i can't wait for more (i'm kinda of a fast reader, love to read)

writerchik_123 replied...
So glad you like it!!! Promise ill post more soon!

writerchik_123 replied...
Oh and ill read some of your stuff too!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. Just here to keep you posted. I have found a way to take this book into a whole new direction. Hope you guys like wolves......:)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Wolves or WereWolves?????

writerchik_123 replied...
Idk.....guess youll just have to find out.... ;)

BobbiMonkey replied...
I Cant WAIT for more!!! :)

aubreyflsom said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 12:33 am
write more its sooo good!

writerchik_123 replied...
I cannot believe that people are actually reading this! :0 I thought it would just be another story on here that doesnt get a lot of reads! Thanks!