April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

A new love begins

My first day at work was mostly cleaning. Nick was nice enough to help. We talked a lot. He was easy to talk to. He showed me how to work the register and the cappuccino machine. By the time the week was up I became an expert on a cash register and could make cappuccino’s with my eyes closed. The next few weeks passed by quickly. Work kept me busy. When I wasn’t working I was with Nick and Alex. I found that we had become more of a group now. Like the three musketeers. It was sort of like kindergarten.
Comment and Rate please!!!
Suddenly when you meet someone you act like you’ve known each other forver. I didn’t see Jake. Every time I did see him he was too preoccupied with his girlfriend. So when I realized this I tried to move on. It was impossible. So instead I ignored it. I pretended like I wasn’t hurt. Anyways tonight I was going over Nick’s place. Unfortunately Alex couldn’t come because she had to babysit. When I got there I was greeted by a woman with golden hair and bright blue eyes. I could see her laugh lines and some gray hairs appearing on her head. Her smile was like Nick’s. “Why hello there. You must be April. It’s so nice to finally meet you. Nick has said so much about you.” Just then Nick came in and said, “Okay Mom I think it’s time for you to go now.” She gave him a mocking stare and said, “Alright we will be home by eleven and I trust that you’ll remember to feed this girl. She needs some meat in her bones.” After she said that a tall man with black hair and a nice tan came in. When he saw me he said, “Ah here is the famous April.” She shook my hand and said, “Well I’m sorry to talk and run, but were going to be late.” They said there goodbye’s and soon enough we were alone. There was a moment of silence. I broke it by saying, “I love your parents.” He burst out laughing and I giggled beside him. We went up to his room and I found it to be just like I imagined. Messy, but that good kind. He apologized for it, but I just shrugged it off. “So what do you want to do?” He asked me. I shrugged while sitting on a beanbag. “I don’t know. Can we go out?” He shook his head no. Then I thought of something. “Wanna go for a swim?” I asked him. He smiled. “Only you would think of that.” He got up and went to his drawer and pulled out a bikini. “Here.” I stared at him for a long time. “I used to share a room with my sister.” I giggled and went to the bathroom to change. When I was dressed I went downstairs to find he was already in the pool. I was surprised at what I saw. He was built. More than I imagined. It was hard not to stare. So instead I jumped inside making a loud splash. When I surfaced I saw him staring. “What?” I asked. He was still smiling. “Nothing. Let’s go under. As I did I opened my eyes to see that his were to I smiled and waved. He waved back. We swam under for a while. When we surfaced we ended up closer than before. I stared at his eyes for a moment. He pulled a wet strand of hair from my eyes. I pulled away quickly. “I’m sorry I cant.” I swam out of the pool. “Wait April.” He called out following. I grabbed the towel I let on the stool and wrapped it around. I felt my eyes stinging and threatening tears. He caught up and grabbed my elbow and pulled me towards him. I closed my eyes so he couldn’t see that my eyes were bloodshot. “What’s wrong? You can tell me.” I believed him. Suddenly I blurting out everything I kept in. All he did was listen and hug me. “I’m sorry.” He said. I shook my head. “I’m not.” Suddenly I felt okay again. I looked up at Nick and felt something I never felt before. His face looked worried. I pulled myself close and slowly kissed him. He responded well. He wrapped his arms around my waist completely getting rid of any space between us. It was a sweet kiss. Protective. When he finally pulled away I rested my forehead on his. He was smiling that beautiful smile. “My god you don’t know what that smile does to me.” I said. He laughed and said, “Well you don’t know what you’re eyes do to me. Every time I look at them I feel like I have the sudden urge to kiss you.” I gave him a devilish smirk. “What’s stopping you?” My heart felt like it was about to burst. This kiss was more passionate. It wasn’t like any other kiss I’ve had before. I felt like everything inside was tingling with excitement. I hadn’t felt happier than I ever had in my entire life. So this is what love felt like.
-----------------------------------
The rest of the night we talked about each other and our families. We sat on his bed and held hands while watching pointless cartoons. We were able to get a couple more kisses. It was almost addicting. When I left I stayed in my car for a while processing everything that had happened. I bit my lip trying to hold in a smile. It didn’t work. The next day I felt like I was floating. When I got to work my heart was beating loudly at the thought of seeing him. When I got inside he wasn’t there. I went around back to find nothing. Just when I was about to turn around I felt arms around my waist. “boo.” He said. I didn’t have to see him to know he was smiling. I felt this warm feeling inside me. I turned to see that god like smile and said, “Good morning.” I tip toed and kissed his cheek. For the first time ever I saw him frown. “Really? That’s all I get after last night.” I smirked and said, “Well maybe if you were hard today, you’ll get a little extra.” I bit my lip to hold back a smiled and turned back to the counter. The entire day he worked faster. I couldn’t help, but laugh. By the time out lunch break rolled around he was exhausted. We got in his car, and drove to Mc. Donald’s. We ate in his car, When we were done he said, “Oh can I please have that little extra now?” He pleaded. “I’m going to need something to keep me going.” I giggled and he bit his lip biting back a smile. I couldn’t help, but stare. He looked so hot doing that. I pretended to think for a sec and said, “Okay, but not in your car.” He smirked and said, “Fine. My place.” He practically ran three stop lights. When we got there I checked my watch to see we only had ten minutes. When we got inside he said, “You know I was just kidding. I actually needed to come home to get my phone.” I laughed and followed him to his room. “You pulled that whole show for a phone.” He thought about it for a second then said, “Yeah, pretty much.” I laughed and said, “Well while were here….” I got on my tip toes and found his lips. It was an electric pulse running through me. I discarded any space between us wrapped my arms around his neck. His arms found their way around my waist. After we were done and went back to work I suddenly felt like I was on a natural high. I thought nothing could go wrong. Never had I been more wrong in my entire life.

--------------
Cliff hanger! :o. Anyways I want to let you know that I'm taking this story into a whole new direction than what I was initially going for.

nemish23 said...

it's good. :)

the characters could be a little more defined and you should probably be aware of where your story is headed before you start, but it's going great.

keep writing! and i love julie&justin as well! keep writing that too!

writerchik_123 replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm :
THANK YOU! And your right about the whole 'knowing where the stories going.' I'm still pretty new to writing and I've got all these ideas and I just want to write them all down at once! :) And I love Julie and Justin too

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:46 pm:
I think you need to write more. Soon.! :D

BobbiMonkey replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 5:54 pm :
Are you going to add more to April Fresh, and your welcome, happy to give you support.

writerchik_123 said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:11 am:
Okay everyone. I have come to a decision. I am going to be pretty much changing the whole book. Im sorry but i feel like I might have made a mistake with this whole vamp. Thing. So I'm just going to go with my original ideas. And special thanks to BobbiMonkey. You've been reading this since day one. Thanks for your support

writerchik_123 said...
i am honestly and genuinley sorry. I am having a MAJOR writers block. Im pretty much out of ideas. Feel free to give me some ideas. Until then I think I'm going to have to put April Fresh on hold for a little while. Read some of my other stuff in the meantime.

BobbiMonkey replied...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 7:01 pm :
well, in your book since the vamps hate wolves, then how about april in about to be attacked by a vamp when she transforms. Just a idea- that u could use

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys! I am ever so sorry I havent posted in such a long time. I have been super busy with school and trying to pull my grades up. But with thanksgiving week this week I am going to give you all at least 3 new chapter! Thanks soo much for reading!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. sorry I havent posted in a while. Been busy with school. Im still pretty busy but i promise 2 new chapters by Nov. 8!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm :
Can't wait for more chapters ( Please submit more soon!) ;)

BobbiMonkey said...
I Can't Wait For more Chapters to come :)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 5:43 pm :
I been looking to see if there is more chapters and i can't wait for more (i'm kinda of a fast reader, love to read)

writerchik_123 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm :
So glad you like it!!! Promise ill post more soon!

writerchik_123 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm :
Oh and ill read some of your stuff too!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. Just here to keep you posted. I have found a way to take this book into a whole new direction. Hope you guys like wolves......:)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm :
Wolves or WereWolves?????

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm :
Idk.....guess youll just have to find out.... ;)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm :
I Cant WAIT for more!!! :)

aubreyflsom said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 12:33 am:
write more its sooo good!

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:03 pm :
I cannot believe that people are actually reading this! :0 I thought it would just be another story on here that doesnt get a lot of reads! Thanks!