April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Movie night!

As the end credits of Twilight rolled out I got up and said, “Potty break!” We were watching a marathon because the last one is coming out soon. We plan on staying up really late, but Mary is already looking a little droopy and if I don’t drink up my red bull I’ll be out like a light before the second movie even starts. When I’m done doing my business I grab my phone and see that it’s already eleven. Mary’s parents were nice enough to let her sleep over. When I went outside I saw that
What do you think about Nick?
Mary had put in New Moon. Alex was lying on her belly with a pillow under her chin, holding her head up while Mary was lying down on my bed. I sat down on the hello kitty blanket, that Mary helped me lay out, and took another sip of the red bull. Even though I wasn’t too into the whole vampire romance, Mary was nice enough to bring them over and I didn’t want to just say ‘no we can’t watch it. That would be rude. Plus the movies I have might not be very suitable for her. By the time the movie was over I was finished with my second Red Bull. Alex was wide awake and Mary was already asleep. I sighed and pulled the cover over her. I looked over to Alex and asked, “Do you really want to finish the movie?” She shook her head no and said, “I would rather watch that new movie just go with it.” I smiled at her. “Well lucky for you my dad just rented it.” I went over to the DVD cabinet and grabbed the box. I opened it and grabbed the DVD and popped it in the player. About two hours later the screen went black and the credits rolled up. I figured this would be the time to talk to Alex. “So what happened today?” Alex looked confused so I added, “You know today when I picked you up and saw your cousin.” When I saw the realization cross her face, I knew she knew what I was talking about. There was a short silence until she said, “I just…….” She paused. “You just what?” I asked. She bit her lip and said, “It’s just that everyone that meets her, judges her. I could see the look on their faces and know that they don’t like her. I didn’t want you to be the same.” By the time she finished my confused face had vanished and it had softened. “Come on Alex. You should know me by now. I don’t judge on appearance. I mean I’m friends with you aren’t I?” I asked jokingly and she just smiled and threw her pillow at me. “Joke! Anyways I think she’s sweet. Plus I was able to speak to her in sign. I took a couple courses back in Cali.” I explained. She breathed a sigh of relief and sat back on the wall. “Well I think I’m going to crash. See you tomorrow.” She said lying down on her sleeping bag. I carefully grabbed Mary’s and got inside while replying, “Night Alex.” The second my head hit the pillow I was asleep.
----------------
The smell of bacon woke me up. I yawned and looked around to see that neither Mary nor Alex were there. I went outside in my Spiderman shirt and PINK sweatpants. I saw Alex and Mary at the table eating while my dad was making my favorite chocolate chip pancakes. When he saw me he said, “Hey sleepy head!” I smiled and said hi to everyone. I grabbed the plate of pancakes and ate them like I haven’t eaten in days. After we all finished my dad got to know the girls a little. He made jokes and we laughed and talked some more. Finally it was already around two and we figured that Mary’s parents would want her home. When we got there we saw another car in the driveway. It was a little blue bug. I knocked on the door to find Mary’s mom. “Hi girl’s. How are you?” She asked us. We replied back, “Were doing great.” She smiled and said, “You can come inside if you like.” We accepted her invitation and went inside. There house had a very home-y feel to it. There were vanilla scented candles everywhere. It smelled wonderful. When we got into the living room we talked to Ms.Herra for a while and then somehow Mary was able to get us out of the conversation. We were about to head out when I saw Jake coming out of his room. Unfortunately he was not alone. “Hey April. What are you doing here?” He asked. He was holding hands with Alison. She was wearing shorts and a short shirt that said, “I love my boyfriend.” I made an effort to say hi, but she just pretended I wasn’t there. “I came to drop your sister off.” For some reason my hands kept darting back and forth from his face, to their hands, to Alison’s t-shirt. ‘Oh god please no.’ I begged silently. “Well I got to go.” I said quickly. I grabbed Alex’s hand and we were out the door in seconds. “What was that about?” She asked. I didn’t reply and got into the car. “You like him don’t you?” She asked. I looked over at her and asked, “How would you know that?” She rolled her eyes. “April it doesn’t take a scientist. You looked like you were going to pass out when you saw that I heart my boyfriend t-shirt. Then yesterday when you got caught at the rip currents I knew for sure.” I mentally slapped myself. I thought no one saw me staring. I stayed quiet and she said, “Its okay April. I know that must have hurt a little, but hey. There are plenty of guys here. Don’t worry about it.” We drove to her house and she was careful not to mention his name. When we got there I saw Alex’s cousin Samantha was there. I signed a hello. She said hi back. We ended up sitting on the couch telling each other about ourselves. When Samantha was five she got really sick. The doctor had to give her medication, but they said there was a good chance that she would come out of it, not being able to hear. She did make it through, but became death in the process. She goes to a deaf school and has learned to become used to the fact that she can no longer hear. After we were done talking Samantha suggested that we go to get some Ice cream. We all agreed and went out. When we got there I ordered my usual cake batter and Alex got cotton candy. Surprisingly Samantha got a cake batter smoothie and it was amazing. Just when we were about to leave you would never guess who was there. “Hey April!” Nick exclaimed. His teeth were so bright and white it was hard to look. “Hey Nick.” When I saw Samantha and Alex’s confused face and said (and signed), “You guy’s this is my new co-worker Nick. I met him yesterday.” They both nodded and said hi. Nick smiled at all of them and asked, “So you deaf?” Samantha nodded. “Wow that is so cool. I mean not like cool, but it’s just I always found sign language interesting.” Samantha nodded and smiled. She signed to me, ‘I like this one. He is definitely a keeper.’ I giggled and Nick said, “What? Is it like that dream I had last night and I’m in only underwear?” I laughed harder and said, “No! She was just saying she approves of you.” When he heard that he pretended to wipe of sweat from his forehead. We ended up sitting down and talking. I translated for Samantha because, Nick talked a little too fast for her to read his lips. He made us laugh and I got the feeling that we were going to be seeing a lot more of him. When we finally said our goodbyes, he hugged each of us. When we were in the car Alex said, “I like him better than Jake.” I was surprised to find myself agreeing.

This book has 31 comments. Post your own now!

BobbiMonkey said...
I really love this book i can't wait for more, if this was published and in bookstores i would just read it all in one day- keep on writing ;)

writerchik_123 replied...
AWW! seriously? No one has ever told me that before! I will definetly keep you all posted! Two new one's coming this week!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 1:26 am
You should take a look at the book i have written called Bulieve , that would be really cool ;)

CresentShadow said...
More, I need more! D:

writerchik_123 replied...
Lol. No problem. Two new coming your way this week!

writerchik_123 said...
I posted a new chapter! I hop you guys like it. This week I'm posting two more!

Blue4 said...
You are developing the story nicely, I like the characters, and the foreshadowing is a nice touch. One thing that kind of irkes me is that you keep on using "this". It makes your writing seem less mature and the character superficial, I guess that's the effect it has on me. Otherwise, great!

Blue4 replied...
"this" as in- "this nice desk" "this really cool magnetic board", etc., just to clarify

writerchik_123 replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:23 am
Yeah sorry sometimes I have that problem. I'm glad that you liked it!

mal12 said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:24 am

i really like your story! you do a good job of giving each of the characters their own personalities. Jake's my favorite :) 

keep writing and ide love to read more of your story soon! 5 stars!

writerchik_123 replied...
Thanks! and I really like Jake too. lol :)