April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Movie night!

As the end credits of Twilight rolled out I got up and said, “Potty break!” We were watching a marathon because the last one is coming out soon. We plan on staying up really late, but Mary is already looking a little droopy and if I don’t drink up my red bull I’ll be out like a light before the second movie even starts. When I’m done doing my business I grab my phone and see that it’s already eleven. Mary’s parents were nice enough to let her sleep over. When I went outside I saw that
What do you think about Nick?
Mary had put in New Moon. Alex was lying on her belly with a pillow under her chin, holding her head up while Mary was lying down on my bed. I sat down on the hello kitty blanket, that Mary helped me lay out, and took another sip of the red bull. Even though I wasn’t too into the whole vampire romance, Mary was nice enough to bring them over and I didn’t want to just say ‘no we can’t watch it. That would be rude. Plus the movies I have might not be very suitable for her. By the time the movie was over I was finished with my second Red Bull. Alex was wide awake and Mary was already asleep. I sighed and pulled the cover over her. I looked over to Alex and asked, “Do you really want to finish the movie?” She shook her head no and said, “I would rather watch that new movie just go with it.” I smiled at her. “Well lucky for you my dad just rented it.” I went over to the DVD cabinet and grabbed the box. I opened it and grabbed the DVD and popped it in the player. About two hours later the screen went black and the credits rolled up. I figured this would be the time to talk to Alex. “So what happened today?” Alex looked confused so I added, “You know today when I picked you up and saw your cousin.” When I saw the realization cross her face, I knew she knew what I was talking about. There was a short silence until she said, “I just…….” She paused. “You just what?” I asked. She bit her lip and said, “It’s just that everyone that meets her, judges her. I could see the look on their faces and know that they don’t like her. I didn’t want you to be the same.” By the time she finished my confused face had vanished and it had softened. “Come on Alex. You should know me by now. I don’t judge on appearance. I mean I’m friends with you aren’t I?” I asked jokingly and she just smiled and threw her pillow at me. “Joke! Anyways I think she’s sweet. Plus I was able to speak to her in sign. I took a couple courses back in Cali.” I explained. She breathed a sigh of relief and sat back on the wall. “Well I think I’m going to crash. See you tomorrow.” She said lying down on her sleeping bag. I carefully grabbed Mary’s and got inside while replying, “Night Alex.” The second my head hit the pillow I was asleep.
----------------
The smell of bacon woke me up. I yawned and looked around to see that neither Mary nor Alex were there. I went outside in my Spiderman shirt and PINK sweatpants. I saw Alex and Mary at the table eating while my dad was making my favorite chocolate chip pancakes. When he saw me he said, “Hey sleepy head!” I smiled and said hi to everyone. I grabbed the plate of pancakes and ate them like I haven’t eaten in days. After we all finished my dad got to know the girls a little. He made jokes and we laughed and talked some more. Finally it was already around two and we figured that Mary’s parents would want her home. When we got there we saw another car in the driveway. It was a little blue bug. I knocked on the door to find Mary’s mom. “Hi girl’s. How are you?” She asked us. We replied back, “Were doing great.” She smiled and said, “You can come inside if you like.” We accepted her invitation and went inside. There house had a very home-y feel to it. There were vanilla scented candles everywhere. It smelled wonderful. When we got into the living room we talked to Ms.Herra for a while and then somehow Mary was able to get us out of the conversation. We were about to head out when I saw Jake coming out of his room. Unfortunately he was not alone. “Hey April. What are you doing here?” He asked. He was holding hands with Alison. She was wearing shorts and a short shirt that said, “I love my boyfriend.” I made an effort to say hi, but she just pretended I wasn’t there. “I came to drop your sister off.” For some reason my hands kept darting back and forth from his face, to their hands, to Alison’s t-shirt. ‘Oh god please no.’ I begged silently. “Well I got to go.” I said quickly. I grabbed Alex’s hand and we were out the door in seconds. “What was that about?” She asked. I didn’t reply and got into the car. “You like him don’t you?” She asked. I looked over at her and asked, “How would you know that?” She rolled her eyes. “April it doesn’t take a scientist. You looked like you were going to pass out when you saw that I heart my boyfriend t-shirt. Then yesterday when you got caught at the rip currents I knew for sure.” I mentally slapped myself. I thought no one saw me staring. I stayed quiet and she said, “Its okay April. I know that must have hurt a little, but hey. There are plenty of guys here. Don’t worry about it.” We drove to her house and she was careful not to mention his name. When we got there I saw Alex’s cousin Samantha was there. I signed a hello. She said hi back. We ended up sitting on the couch telling each other about ourselves. When Samantha was five she got really sick. The doctor had to give her medication, but they said there was a good chance that she would come out of it, not being able to hear. She did make it through, but became death in the process. She goes to a deaf school and has learned to become used to the fact that she can no longer hear. After we were done talking Samantha suggested that we go to get some Ice cream. We all agreed and went out. When we got there I ordered my usual cake batter and Alex got cotton candy. Surprisingly Samantha got a cake batter smoothie and it was amazing. Just when we were about to leave you would never guess who was there. “Hey April!” Nick exclaimed. His teeth were so bright and white it was hard to look. “Hey Nick.” When I saw Samantha and Alex’s confused face and said (and signed), “You guy’s this is my new co-worker Nick. I met him yesterday.” They both nodded and said hi. Nick smiled at all of them and asked, “So you deaf?” Samantha nodded. “Wow that is so cool. I mean not like cool, but it’s just I always found sign language interesting.” Samantha nodded and smiled. She signed to me, ‘I like this one. He is definitely a keeper.’ I giggled and Nick said, “What? Is it like that dream I had last night and I’m in only underwear?” I laughed harder and said, “No! She was just saying she approves of you.” When he heard that he pretended to wipe of sweat from his forehead. We ended up sitting down and talking. I translated for Samantha because, Nick talked a little too fast for her to read his lips. He made us laugh and I got the feeling that we were going to be seeing a lot more of him. When we finally said our goodbyes, he hugged each of us. When we were in the car Alex said, “I like him better than Jake.” I was surprised to find myself agreeing.

This book has 31 comments. Post your own now!

nemish23 said...

it's good. :)

the characters could be a little more defined and you should probably be aware of where your story is headed before you start, but it's going great.

keep writing! and i love julie&justin as well! keep writing that too!

writerchik_123 replied...
THANK YOU! And your right about the whole 'knowing where the stories going.' I'm still pretty new to writing and I've got all these ideas and I just want to write them all down at once! :) And I love Julie and Justin too

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
I think you need to write more. Soon.! :D

BobbiMonkey replied...
Are you going to add more to April Fresh, and your welcome, happy to give you support.

writerchik_123 said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:11 am
Okay everyone. I have come to a decision. I am going to be pretty much changing the whole book. Im sorry but i feel like I might have made a mistake with this whole vamp. Thing. So I'm just going to go with my original ideas. And special thanks to BobbiMonkey. You've been reading this since day one. Thanks for your support

writerchik_123 said...
i am honestly and genuinley sorry. I am having a MAJOR writers block. Im pretty much out of ideas. Feel free to give me some ideas. Until then I think I'm going to have to put April Fresh on hold for a little while. Read some of my other stuff in the meantime.

BobbiMonkey replied...
well, in your book since the vamps hate wolves, then how about april in about to be attacked by a vamp when she transforms. Just a idea- that u could use

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys! I am ever so sorry I havent posted in such a long time. I have been super busy with school and trying to pull my grades up. But with thanksgiving week this week I am going to give you all at least 3 new chapter! Thanks soo much for reading!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. sorry I havent posted in a while. Been busy with school. Im still pretty busy but i promise 2 new chapters by Nov. 8!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Can't wait for more chapters ( Please submit more soon!) ;)

BobbiMonkey said...
I Can't Wait For more Chapters to come :)

BobbiMonkey replied...
I been looking to see if there is more chapters and i can't wait for more (i'm kinda of a fast reader, love to read)

writerchik_123 replied...
So glad you like it!!! Promise ill post more soon!

writerchik_123 replied...
Oh and ill read some of your stuff too!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. Just here to keep you posted. I have found a way to take this book into a whole new direction. Hope you guys like wolves......:)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Wolves or WereWolves?????

writerchik_123 replied...
Idk.....guess youll just have to find out.... ;)

BobbiMonkey replied...
I Cant WAIT for more!!! :)

aubreyflsom said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 12:33 am
write more its sooo good!

writerchik_123 replied...
I cannot believe that people are actually reading this! :0 I thought it would just be another story on here that doesnt get a lot of reads! Thanks!