New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Someone order a sand-Witch?

The next day I woke up to the buzzing of my alarm clock. I groaned and shut it off. I sleepily got out of bed and walked over to my new bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a shower. That always helped me get up. By the time I was out I was fully dressed and ready for the day that lay ahead of me. I heard my phone ringing. I grabbed it and saw it was the manager from star bucks. It was a text.
Hey April. Great News…….You got the Job!!! You start Monday. C u then!
-Mark
So what do you think of Nick? Is he good for Alex. Oh and If there isn't paragraphs I apologize. Every time I submit it takes out all the paragraphs and just outs it all together into one big paragraph.
I smiled to myself. I went outside to find that my dad was making his famous Cuban coffee. “Can I get some café con leche?” I asked him. He smiled at me and said, “Just like old times.” I smiled. I have loved coffee with milk since I was seven. I had Dad make it for me every day. When he handed me the glass I gulped it down ignoring the hot milk that burned my throat. “Man you are the best.” “Oh I know.” Dad said. We both laughed. I told him I was going to the beach again. “Sure just remember to bring your phone.” I laughed. “How could I forget my new phone?” He smiled. I kissed his cheek and thanked him for the coffee. I quickly changed into my bathing suit and put a t-shirt and shorts over. I called Alex as soon as I got into the car. “Hey what it do?” She asked me. I smiled at her bad grammar. “Hey Alex. You wanna head down to the beach today?” I asked her. She paused for a minute and said, “Yeah, but can you give me a lift. My brother is using my car.” I nodded as if she could see but then said, “Yeah sure, be ready in twenty minutes kay? I gotta go to star bucks real quick to talk to the manager about my job.” She congratulated me and then said a quick good-bye. When I got to star bucks I noticed how packed it was. The man I saw yesterday recognized me and smiled. He motioned me to come. I stood in front of the counter. “Hey newbie.” He said. I smiled at him. “Hey. Listen I need to get my schedule for the week and all that great stuff.” I looked at his name tag. Nick smiled at me and put a finger up telling me to wait a second. He went around back and came back within a minute, holding two papers. “Okay so this is the schedule for the next two months. Come in tomorrow early so we can show you the ropes. You’ll be on cleaning table duty for the first week. That’s the week when we’ll be training you and so on. After you get the hang of it you can work the register and food.” He smiled brightly. “Thanks Nick. See you tomorrow.” I was about to turn when he caught my elbow. “Hey I didn’t get your name.” He said. “April.” I replied. “Bye April.” He said smiling. He smiled a lot. I had to admit he was cute. He had brown spiky hair, and a deep tan. He looked a little Mexican. His eyes oddly enough were hazel and he had the whitest smile.
----------------------
“Took you long enough!” Alex exclaimed climbing into the car. She was wearing shorts and an ‘I heart California!’ T-shirt. I could see her bright pink bikini through the white shirt. I laughed as Alex turned up the radio to Katy Perry’s California Girls. We both sang at the top of our lungs the whole way there. We both got out of the car and headed towards the bright blue water that lay ahead. Both Alex and I laid our towels down on the ground. As I went to lie down I heard a girl say, “There they are!” I recognized Mary’s voice right away. I got up to greet Mary. She gave me a big hug. “So where’s my hug?” I heard Jake’s voice behind me. I turned to see him in his bathing suit. I raised an eyebrow and said, “You lost that privilege when you broke my nook.” He rolled his eyes, but hugged me anyways. I smiled and despite Alex’s pleading he hugged her too. She didn’t hug him back. For some reason everyone but I wanted to go inside the water. “It’s okay ill just stay here and read a book. Because of course someone here broke my nook.” He ignored me and everyone including Alex went inside the blue water. I lie down on my towel and grab my IPod. I put on the song “If I die young” on and close my eyes. I let my skin bathe in the warm rays of the sun. As the song finishes I realize that the orange color that I see on the back of my eyelids is no longer there. It’s all black. I open my eyes to see Jake, Alex, and Mary carrying a bucket filled with water. Before I have time to react the cold liquid is spilled all over me. I gasp and get up quickly. My IPod thankfully is safe and unharmed by the surprise splash. All three of them are laughing and rolling in the sand. I stand there ready to scold them, when something else happens. “Jake?” Everyone turns to see that pretty Blonde girl that was with Jake the other day. She is wearing a short see through shirt that barely reaches her belly button. I could see the bright pink bikini underneath. Her blue eyes dart from me to Jake. Jake stops laughing and smiles. “Hey Alison. What’s up?” He asks as her walks up to her and puts his arm around her. I am confused, but my question is easily answered. “You guys this is my best friend Alison.” I nod like I knew it all along. She smiles a big fake smile. Jake introduces Alex and I, but not Mary. Apparently they have met before and Mary doesn’t seem to like her too much. She quickly loses interest and asks me and Alex to go inside the water. I agree, only wanting to get away from the awkwardness in the air. When were in the water I try to sneak peeks at Alison and Jake. Alison is sitting down on my towel. Jake is on the sand. Alison is flirting like crazy. She bats her eyelashes and flips her hair constantly. She clearly likes him. I am surprised to find myself upset by this. I am too busy thinking to see a big wave coming. It pushes me under. When I get up again another hits. This time I am under longer and feel like I’m drowning. “April!” Alex and Mary call. They drag me by my arms and pull me up to our towels while I choke on the salt water. When Jake see’s us coming he runs up grabbing me and putting me on the towel. My throat burns and my eyes sting. My nose feels like it’s on fire. I cough up some more water. Once I’m done Jake starts to ask a question to no one in particular. “What happened?” Alex answers him. “She got caught in some rip currents.” Once I get my breath I say, “Don’t worry I’m fine. Just a little water.” Alex grabs me a towel. I wrap myself in it. Only then do I realize I’m shaking. Alex gets up and says she’s going to get me some water at the little shop. She walks away leaving me with Mary. Her eyes are so big I’m scared there going to pop. I stifle a laugh and say, “Don’t worry Mary I’m fine.” She relaxes a little but still stays by my side. Through the whole thing Alison hasn’t said anything. She just looked surprised. Jake squats to where I’m sitting. He lowers his head so it’s leveled with mine. His hazel eyes almost have me hypnotized. “Are you sure you’re okay?” I manage to nod my head. He gets up and says, “Maybe we should call it a day.” Mary’s face frowns. “Yeah. Anyways Jake and I had plans.” Alison says. By this time Alex is back with the water. “Well then maybe Mary, April, and I can have girls night.” Alex suggests. Mary’s face lightens up. So we made the plans and said our goodbyes. Alison seems the happiest to say goodbye. Alex called up her parents and they said it was okay for her to sleep over. We went by her house so she could grab a few things. I waited in the car. Meanwhile another car pulled up. I saw a boy, that looked a lot like Alex, come out of the driver’s seat and then a girl with light brown hair and hazel eyes come out from the passenger side. She had her hair in a high ponytail and was wearing a floral romper. She seemed younger. Around fourteen. The boy came up to my car and said, “You’re April right?” He asked. I nodded and said, “And you are….” “Danny. April’s brother and this is my cousin Samantha.” I said, “Hi.” She said, “Hi. Nice to meet you.” But at the same time she started to sign with her hands. I recognized it because I took a sign language course when I was in eighth grade. I signed back a hello and asked her old she was. She replied signing that she just turned fifteen and that she was impressed that I knew ASL. “Whoa you guys move to fast. I’m still learning.” Samantha laughed. “You can read lips?” I asked. She nodded and said, “I learned when became deaf.” I was confused. She sensed that and said, “I became death when I was six which is why I can talk a lot better.” I nodded very impressed with her speech. By this time Alex came back carrying a baby blue Victoria secret bag. She said hi to Samantha and her brother and told them she would be sleeping over my house. They nodded and said goodbye. I backed out of the driveway and said, “Samantha seems cool.” Alex nodded. “Yeah she is.” The rest of the ride there was silent. Thankfully Katy Perry filled in the awkwardness. I had a feeling there was something Alex wasn’t telling me and I intended to find out tonight. As you saw before when I want something I intend to get it. I’m a little spoiled that way, but hey. If everyone else can live with it so should you.

nemish23 said...

it's good. :)

the characters could be a little more defined and you should probably be aware of where your story is headed before you start, but it's going great.

keep writing! and i love julie&justin as well! keep writing that too!

writerchik_123 replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm :
THANK YOU! And your right about the whole 'knowing where the stories going.' I'm still pretty new to writing and I've got all these ideas and I just want to write them all down at once! :) And I love Julie and Justin too

ForThoseWhoHaveHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:46 pm:
I think you need to write more. Soon.! :D

BobbiMonkey replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 5:54 pm :
Are you going to add more to April Fresh, and your welcome, happy to give you support.

writerchik_123 said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:11 am:
Okay everyone. I have come to a decision. I am going to be pretty much changing the whole book. Im sorry but i feel like I might have made a mistake with this whole vamp. Thing. So I'm just going to go with my original ideas. And special thanks to BobbiMonkey. You've been reading this since day one. Thanks for your support

writerchik_123 said...
i am honestly and genuinley sorry. I am having a MAJOR writers block. Im pretty much out of ideas. Feel free to give me some ideas. Until then I think I'm going to have to put April Fresh on hold for a little while. Read some of my other stuff in the meantime.

BobbiMonkey replied...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 7:01 pm :
well, in your book since the vamps hate wolves, then how about april in about to be attacked by a vamp when she transforms. Just a idea- that u could use

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys! I am ever so sorry I havent posted in such a long time. I have been super busy with school and trying to pull my grades up. But with thanksgiving week this week I am going to give you all at least 3 new chapter! Thanks soo much for reading!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. sorry I havent posted in a while. Been busy with school. Im still pretty busy but i promise 2 new chapters by Nov. 8!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm :
Can't wait for more chapters ( Please submit more soon!) ;)

BobbiMonkey said...
I Can't Wait For more Chapters to come :)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 5:43 pm :
I been looking to see if there is more chapters and i can't wait for more (i'm kinda of a fast reader, love to read)

writerchik_123 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm :
So glad you like it!!! Promise ill post more soon!

writerchik_123 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm :
Oh and ill read some of your stuff too!

writerchik_123 said...
Hey guys. Just here to keep you posted. I have found a way to take this book into a whole new direction. Hope you guys like wolves......:)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm :
Wolves or WereWolves?????

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm :
Idk.....guess youll just have to find out.... ;)

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm :
I Cant WAIT for more!!! :)

aubreyflsom said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 12:33 am:
write more its sooo good!

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:03 pm :
I cannot believe that people are actually reading this! :0 I thought it would just be another story on here that doesnt get a lot of reads! Thanks!