April Fresh

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Destroying my Nook

Looking back on it now I probably could have avoided a lot of pain and problems if I had just decided to stay with my mom, but then again all those problems and pain got me to where I am today. I should probably be grateful and to be honest I am. It’s just that I wish I could get where I am now with ought all the drama. Your probably are very confused as to what I’m talking about. Well let’s go back to where it all started. When my mom decided to ruin my life and send me half way across the country! Yeah she hates me that much. Okay well here goes.
The sun was shining down on my face as I stepped out of the cool airport air and into the hot and humid summer air that I call Florida. Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against Florida. It’s just that I really miss my home in California. My dad was holding my suitcase and stuffed it in the trunk of his white Lexus. My dad was a very tan guy and was kind of built for a thirty-five year old guy. His black hair was curly and poofy. He had the darkest brown eyes I have ever seen. To some he might look scary, but really he’s a big teddy bear who happens to be really funny. As much as I love him I don’t really know what it would be like living with him. I mean I’ve spent a couple weeks with him during the summer but that’s not exactly the same as living with the guy. I have my shades on as I get into the car. My dad smiles at me and I attempt to smile back. It probably looked pretty fake. We drove all the way to his apartment which by the way is extremely cool. It’s literally in front of the beach. It’s huge and just utterly amazing. I was happy to get into the apartment. I went in my room to find the usual air mattress. I went back to the living room to find him drinking water. “Hey dad are you buying me new furniture or is mom shipping my stuff over?” I asked him hoping he would buy new furniture. Now my dad isn’t really rich exactly, but he definitely has money to spare. A little more than normal people do. When he finished with his glass of water he said, “Of course not.” He grabbed his apple laptop and handed it to me along with his credit card. “Go to Ikea.com and order whatever you need. Just as long as you don’t exceed five thousand dollars.” He said it like it was nothing. My mouth was gaping open. He smiled and said, “Don’t leave your mouth hanging. It attracts flies.” I closed my mouth and smiled. I set down the laptop on the leather couch and gave him the biggest hug I have ever given him. He laughed. “You’re welcome sweetie.” I went right to work. The room was very spacious in size. I ordered a twin sized bed and this nice desk with a funny looking bookshelf to match. I got a cool nightstand and some bean bags. Then I found this really cool magnetic board where you put picture and stuff. Basically the whole room is going to look amazing. I just couldn’t wait! Life was looking pretty good so far. For the rest of the weekend my dad and I stayed up late watching our favorite movies together. Were pretty close as far as daughter and father relationship. That Monday dad had to go to work so I was at the house by myself. “Hey if you want you can take bike I have and go to the beach or look around town. As long as you’re careful.” He reminded me before he left. I decided it would be better than watching Hannah Montana. The town had this bug shopping center with just about everything and then the mall only two blocks away. Dad also gave me my very own debit card. It had one thousand dollars in it. He said I should get a job around here to put more on it. When I got to the shopping center I saw that the Starbucks was offering a job. I decided why not and asked the manager. I filled out some papers and had a little interview. He said he would call me tomorrow. I sighed. I looked around for something else to do the beach was just up the street and around the corner. I debated and finally decided I should go to the beach. I already had my bikini on just in case. When I got there I was surprised to see many teenagers. I rented a towel and umbrella from the little shop. The man didn’t seem very happy with his job and murmured under his breath a lot. He had the biggest sun burn and was slightly overweight. He reminded me of the sunburned guy in Lilo and Stitch, who’s ice cream always falls out of the cone. I giggled and set down the fuzzy blue towel on the sand. I took off my shirt to reveal the top part of my bikini. It had a pretty flower on it. I left the shorts on and grabbed my Kindle from my bag. I began reading the lost hero when a couple kids my age came running up beside me. There were two guys and two girls. One of the guys was had brown hair and a deep tan. He had hazel colored eyes. The other was blonde with a lighter tan. His eyes were piercing green. The girls were very pretty. They both had blue eyes. One had curly brown hair and the other had straight blonde hair. The guys were chasing the girls with a bucket of water. One of the guys shoots the whole bucket of water at the blonde. She ducks quickly and you will never guess who was behind her. I was soaked in water. The girls were laughing and the other guy was holding back. The one with brown hair came up to me. “I am so sorry!” He exclaimed. I sighed and looked at my kindle. The screen was dark and the water had gotten into the screen. “It’s fine. Just a hundred dollar Kindle. No big deal.” I said sarcastically. I stood up and grabbed my bag. “Listen I’m really sorry.” This guy was really stressing out about this. “Hey don’t worry. Just kidding. I’ll buy a new one.” I grabbed the towel and umbrella and started walking, but he followed me. “Hey so you new around here?” He asked. I raised an eyebrow, but answered, “Just moved from California.” He seemed surprised. “Really? That’s so cool.” The guy’s friends called his name. They were yelling Jake. “Nice name.” I commented. “Can I know yours?” He asked me. I thought about it for a second. Should I really tell some guy I just met my real name? I decided what that heck. “April.” I replied.

BobbiMonkey said...
I really love this book i can't wait for more, if this was published and in bookstores i would just read it all in one day- keep on writing ;)

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm :
AWW! seriously? No one has ever told me that before! I will definetly keep you all posted! Two new one's coming this week!

BobbiMonkey replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 1:26 am :
You should take a look at the book i have written called Bulieve , that would be really cool ;)

CresentShadowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
More, I need more! D:

writerchik_123 replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm :
Lol. No problem. Two new coming your way this week!

writerchik_123 said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm:
I posted a new chapter! I hop you guys like it. This week I'm posting two more!

Blue4 said...
May 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm:
You are developing the story nicely, I like the characters, and the foreshadowing is a nice touch. One thing that kind of irkes me is that you keep on using "this". It makes your writing seem less mature and the character superficial, I guess that's the effect it has on me. Otherwise, great!

Blue4 replied...
May 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm :
"this" as in- "this nice desk" "this really cool magnetic board", etc., just to clarify

writerchik_123 replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:23 am :
Yeah sorry sometimes I have that problem. I'm glad that you liked it!

mal12 said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 12:24 am:

i really like your story! you do a good job of giving each of the characters their own personalities. Jake's my favorite :) 

keep writing and ide love to read more of your story soon! 5 stars!

writerchik_123 replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 4:00 pm :
Thanks! and I really like Jake too. lol :)