Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

Chapter 7-

Naddie had already left and I lied down on my bed and played with my hair and looked at the picture of Penny for awhile then heard somebody knock on my door, “Come in!”
Will walked in, “Hey, you wanna go out to eat?”
“No, thanks.”
“Why not?”
“Not hungry.”
“Well, you wanna go see a movie?”
“Nope.”
“Are you okay, Kali?”
“Yeah.”
“Come on, you need to get out of the house.”
“Will, I just wanna stay in bed.”
Will sat down on my bed and said, “Fine, with me.”
“Will, I wanna be alone.”
“Well, we’re giving this a shot so tell me why you’re depressed.”
I looked up at him, “It’s complicated.”
“Try me.”
“I’d rather not.”
“Kali—”
“Don’t Will…I just don’t wanna talk about it.”
“Kali…come on I wanna know more about you…look I know there are others like you.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Somebody was talking to you they mentioned somebody named Penny.”
“You were eavesdropping?”
“You were pretty loud, Kali, and I’m right next door…who’s Penny?”
“I have to go.” I stood up to leave.
“Kali,” He jumped up and grabbed my arm and continued, “Please talk to me.”
“I can’t.”
“Why?”
“You’re not one of us.”
“What do you mean?”
“Look at me Will.” I said harshly. He looked at me with confusion and hurt in his eyes as I continued, “I’m not like you. Because of that I can’t tell you everything.”
“You could be mortal Kali, I’m sure there’s a way to reverse this.”
“Not all of them.”
I turned around and yanked my arm out of his grip and ran downstairs and out the door. I ran and had no idea where I was going. I wanted to talk to someone, but I didn’t know who I could talk to. I had found a little kids park and I sat down on the swing and started to go back and forth. I didn’t know how long I had been there I was guessing about an hour when someone stood in front of me. I looked up, “What do you want?”
“Where does she live?”
“Who?”
“I found this in your room.”
I took the picture from Will’s hand and said, “Why did you do this?”
“I wanna know you better and I hate that I have to find out this way.”
“You have no right to go through my things!” I stood up as I yelled.
Will crossed his arms, “Who’s the kid?”
“Penny.”
“How do you know her?”
“Oh, I’ve got a perfect answer for you.”
Will stood there waiting as I said, “None of your business!”
“Kali, I wanna know more about you.”
“This is too much right now, Will.”
He looked at me and shook his head and I looked up at him, “Why were you so willing to bring me into your home? Why didn’t you look for other girls? Instead you bring me in no questions asked.”
“I told you my mom wanted a girl.”
“That doesn’t give me an answer why you chose me.”
“Well, that’s the only answer I can give you.”
“You’re lying.”
“What?”
“I can tell.”
“Oh, now one of your powers is that you can detect lies, you-you-ugh-you freak!”
“No, it’s not a power! I can tell. It’s not that hard to tell if a person’s lying when you’ve been trained to notice every single detail to know if they are! You’re lying to me, Will, why’d you pick me?!”
“I figured you’d mess up, okay!”
“What are you talking about?”
“Ever since my sister died all my mom wanted was another girl. I’d try to console her and she’d get mad at me. Tell me I was never as good as Ally! Do you know how it is to be compared to your dead sister?! I figured if I could find some girl that could mess things up she’d think I’m the good child. Or at least finally get past the fact that Ally’s dead!”
“So you thought that I’d mess your family up? That I could just make you look good.”
“It’s a sad life, hon.”
“You know what, Will, whatever chance you did have to be with me is gone.” I spat out.
“Fine, we’re done.”
“Good and you know what? I’m moving out!”
“Fine!”
I ran off. Again I had clue where I was going. I ran into the woods and found a tree that was pretty easy to climb so that’s what I did. I climbed up and sat there and thought and thought and thought. Slowly I drifted off to sleep.
“Kali!”
“Coming Vince!”
“Kali, hurry up!”
His voice was scared. That’s odd. I rushed out of my room and looked at my twin brother who had all the color drained out of his face, “Vince, what’s going on?”
“Mom, dad.”
I ran into they’re room and was shocked as I saw they’re dead bodies across the bed. They can’t be dead. We’re only ten; what are we supposed to do? I walked back out to Vince who was on the couch…sobbing. I shook my head and I realized this was the only time I’ve ever seen him cry. I knew that instant that this time I had to be the strong one. I couldn’t lean on him to get me through this. For once he needed to lean on me. We had later on been adopted by some of our parents close friends. They figured that it’d be best if we moved. You know have a new start. Vince was adjusting well he made friends. I didn’t and I didn’t want to. I wasn’t ready to move on. We had been there for a year. Vince was popular while I wasn’t. I was the nobody and I was fine with that. I was in my room and my music was on full blast. I was listening to Katy Perry and I was singing along:
California girls, we’re unforgettable
Daisy dukes, bikinis on top
Sun kissed skin, so hot, we’ll melt your popsicle
Oh-oh oh-oh oh
Oh, oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh
California girls we’re undeniable
Fine, fresh, fierce we got it on lock
West coast repr—and somebody was banging on my door. Delightful. Vince just ruined my jam. Whatever anyway I yelled over my music, “Come in!”
Vince came in and turned off the music and said, “Okay, stop listening to your music so loud! I can hear you from downstairs!”
I rolled my eyes and waited for him to continue, “I also have some friends over. Kali, do you know how embarrassing it is to have a twin sister singing at the top of her lungs to Katy Perry?”
“Hey, I bet that all of your little friends actually love Katy Perry.”
“Whatever; just turn your music down.”
“Is that all you came in here for?”
“Yeah.”
“Then leave.”
“Kali, why don’t you try to make friends?”
I didn’t respond which made Vince continue, “Mom and dad are dead. We’ve moved and we’re never going back. So you might as well get used to the fact that we’ll be here for a while.”
I didn’t respond as he slammed my door shut. I turned back on my music and kept switching the songs until I came across an older one I hadn’t heard in awhile. It was by Kelly Clarkson. I muttered along with the song:
Because of you
I’ll never stray to far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I like to play on the safe side so I won’t get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid
I groaned and heard Vince yell for me to turn the music down…I turned it up.
A year later.
I got home from school and threw my backpack on the floor of my room. I plopped down on my bed. Our guardians weren’t home yet and Vince went to hang out with some friends. So I was home alone. I yawned and heard somebody ring the doorbell. I checked the time nobody would be home yet. So I guessed that it was probably somebody trying to sell something so I ignored it and reached to grab my IPod and put my earphones in and turned it up to get rid of the sound of the doorbell. This is how I went into my own private little world. I ignored everything going on around me and just relaxed. I heard something, but decided to ignore it. My dog ran into the room and jumped on my bed and barked. I looked up at him and said, “What’s wrong, buddy?”
It continued to bark and I knew something had to be wrong. So I threw my IPod down and got off of my bed. I reached for my flashlight….it was the closest thing next to me so it’d have to do. I slowly walked downstairs and yelled, “Hello?! Is anybody here?!”
“Honey, it’s just me!” Yelled my “mother”. I never called her my mom it just didn’t seem right. I was guessing she brought someone over. So I walked in and she smiled at me then looked at a man. Dude, he was buff! My “mother” said, “Honey, this man is going to take care of you for awhile.”
I nodded slowly and he said, “Go pack your things.”
Wow, deep voice. I asked, “How long will I be gone?”
“A while, now get your things.”
I ran upstairs and packed quickly. The next thing I knew I was in a black van and I had an eerie feeling about this. I fell asleep after being in the car for three hours. I was thirteen whenever I was given away. I was ten when my parents died. Eleven whenever we moved. Twelve was an annoying normal year for me. I guess I’ll be begging for year twelve to come back. When I woke up something was pressing against my arm. It was sharp and I cringed as it entered the skin. A needle. I guess I was getting a shot. But of what? A sharp pain entered my body. And I screamed in pain. That was the first time that I was ever forced to have powers. And exactly two weeks later was the first time I murdered somebody. I woke up in a cold sweat from the memory.

This book has 15 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16 at 11:54 am
I definitely, agree with the others. Haha, write more please! It's the best romance story, I've ever read! Your story has a balance to it, that I love! Do write more, please! It sounds like there's more, which I hope there is!

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)