New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 6-

Will had pressed his lips up to mine and I didn’t want to pull away. I mean his lips were so soft and the kiss was sweet…but what I noticed was as soon as his lips touched mine there was a spark. I liked it…a lot. Great, I don’t want to fall for him, but yet I couldn’t pull away. I was content being in his arms. I just wanted him to hold me there…forever. It seemed like nobody was pressuring me to kill anyone; that I would never have to hear a person beg for their life…again. That I wouldn’t have to hear screams, or scream myself. But all of those hopes that I knew would most likely not happen were gonna be defeated when I pulled away, but I had to. I moved out of his grip and whispered, “Maybe you should um…go back to your room, okay?”
Will nodded and looked back at me before he left, “Kali?”
“Yeah?”
“I like you.”
I didn’t respond and watched Will as he left my room. For once in my life there’s a guy that likes me….for me. Not because I’m the perfect girl you could’ve ever dreamed of. But because I’m me. Now that that’s finally happened I don’t like it. Why did the one perfect boy that can accept me have to be my target? Why do I have to kill him? I can’t…I like him too much to. Then I had the perfect idea…Will’s not gonna die on my watch. I’ll fake his murder…but how do I do that without him knowing? I whimpered as I looked back out at the stars. I whispered, “I’m not gonna kill you Will…I can’t I’ve grown too attached.”
I heard something and clenched my eyes shut. A soft chuckle filled my room. That’s not Will. I didn’t bother to turn around as he said, “I heard you, Kali, if you don’t kill him we will…and you’ll suffer severe consequences.”
I forced the groan not to make sound as much as I wanted to. I didn’t turn around as I responded, “You know this is why I always hated teleporters.”
“Ah, don’t hate us, darling.”
“I’m mainly talking about you, Pittacus, it’s not every single teleporter that betrayed us…it was you.”
“When are you gonna get over that, Kali?”
“When do you expect me to?”
“Shhhh, I don’t want the boy coming in here.”
“I don’t care if he comes in here!”
“Kali, do I have to duct tape your mouth?”
“Please, you couldn’t get any closer than what I would allow.”
I could see what Pittacus looked like without turning around to face him. I saw his reflection on the window that I had closed once Will left. I smirked as I saw his jaw clench and his hands in fists I think he was trying his hardest not to hit me. What can I say I have that affect on boys? I noticed Pittacus left and exhaled and closed my eyes. He’d come back I knew that, but right now I just wanted some sleep.

I woke up to the aroma of breakfast. It smelt like eggs! I haven’t had eggs since I was thirteen! And what was that other smell, oh bacon!! I stretched and was about to head downstairs when I heard a knock on my door, “Come in!”
Will peeked in, “Are you still sure?”
“If you have food, then get your butt in here.”
Will chuckled then came in and said, “I see your back to normal…look I’m sorry about last night.”
“Will…don’t be I enjoyed that kiss…a lot.”
“You did?”
“Yeah, I mean nobody has ever liked me for me and so…it was special.”
“Am I the first guy that’s kissed you when you were…you?”
“Um…yeah, yeah you are.”
“Wow, I uh I’m happy about that.”
I slowly nodded my head and Will looked at me, “Kali.”
I glanced up at him and he continued, “I want us to try this.”
“What are you talking about?” I acted like I didn’t know.
Will shook his head, grinning and looked back up at me and leaned in closer, “Do I need to remind you?”
“Will…we can’t do this.”
“Why not?”
“Will, come on I’m supposed to be your sister not your girlfriend.”
Will nodded and exhaled, “Look Kali, give me one week to prove to you that we can make this work.”
“Will—”
“Zip it, give me one week.”
I groaned, “Fine.”
Will smiled and kissed me lightly then pulled away, “Enjoy your food.”
I nodded as he went away I heard the sound again and said, “What do you want this time, Pittacus?”
“What makes you so sure I’m Pittacus?”
I turned around and looked puzzled, “Who are you?”
I looked at this girl. She seemed interesting…but I liked it. I looked at her face and it was obvious she was Asian. I was surprised when I looked at her hair; she had short white spiky hair, but it wasn’t like white from age it was like white from her dying it. She had hazel eyes and was wearing a white dress that flowed around her and criss-crossed in the back. It made her look like a goddess. She looked at me intently and said, “I’m Naddie.”
“Kali.”
“I know who you are, sweetie.”
“Why are you here?”
“Kali…you need to get over your past.”
“What are you talking about?” I stuttered out.
Naddie looked at me and shook her head and said, “How old were you when it happened, Kali? Twelve, thirteen, fourteen?”
I didn’t answer and she said, “Her name is Penelope, but you call her Penny.”
“How did you know about her?”
“I’m your protector now, Kali; don’t argue about cause I’m stuck here with you.”
“What about Penny? How do you know about her?”
“They wanted me to look over your life Kali. I saw what he did to you.”
“Now what? Do I tell Will?”
“You care about him a lot… you still have to kill him though, Kali.”
“I know, Naddie, I know.” I exhaled and looked at her, “How long are you staying?”
“Look Kali, this is how it’ll work, okay? I watch you from afar you’ll only see and talk to me like this when I allow you to, alright?”
“Naddie, before you go can you tell me how Penny is?”
“She’s safe.”
I nodded slowly and Naddie looked back at me and handed me a picture then asked, “How old were you? I couldn’t tell.”
“Fourteen…I thought he loved me.”
“Ah, the whole I love you I’ll never leave you sh—”
Yeah, that’s right Naddie said the s word. I shrugged I’ve heard worse, “Yeah, he um…we had sparks I never doubted it.” So I proceeded to tell her the story. Every few moments I’d look down at the picture to see the little toddler with brown pigtails and was riding a tricycle and had the cutest little smile. Penelope.

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am:
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am:
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am:
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am:
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm :
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm:
This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm:

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm:
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm :
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)