Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 5-

I groaned as someone pushed on me. I squinted my eyes open. It was still dark so I knew it wasn’t nine. If this was Pittacus I was gonna kill him. Literally. My eyes slowly flickered open. And I heard someone shriek. I growled, whoever this was I now officially hated. I heard a male voice that I knew couldn’t have been the person who shrieked say slowly, “Okay Kali, we’re going to turn on the light, okay?”
“Stop talking to me like I’m a little kid and turn on the stupid light. By the way how do you know my name?”
The light turned on and I turned around to see a young woman with long jet black hair with red streaks in it and bright green eyes look at me. She was obviously the one that shrieked. I could tell since she was the only girl and she was smiling like crazy. Her smile showed her one cute little dimple and her pearly white straight teeth. She was wearing a black and white striped cardigan with a black undershirt and some dark jeans and some red heels. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw her. I jumped up and hugged her tightly I didn’t ever want to let go in fear that I’d lose her. She shrieked again, “Kali, I’ve missed you!”
“I’ve missed you too, Dite.”
Aphrodite rolled her eyes. She only let me call her Dite. She was in love with a guy and she never even let him call her Dite. I looked up and smiled at the young man that had shaggy dirty blonde hair with brown eyes. He had a six-pack and was wearing a tight green v-neck and some dark jeans with his checkered converse. I smiled and said, “Hey Kratos.”
“Hey Kali.” I hugged him and said, “So, where did you guys get shipped off to?”
“Nowhere.” Dite answered.
“What?” I asked in complete utter confusion. I mean, I thought everybody got shipped off somewhere. I mean the police shut this place down. I thought everybody had to be in a new home.
“We hid.” Kratos answered. Ah, now it all makes sense!
“And now we’re back here, we figure there’ll be a couple of checkups, but we can hide then and just stay I mean we have nowhere to go.” Dite added.
I nodded and sat back down on the bed I was still exhausted and had no idea what time it was and was in no mood to find out because if I found I’d never fall asleep. So I asked, “Do you guys know where Thoren went?”
They both shook their heads and I shrugged, “Whatever, things were gonna end soon anyway.”
“Yeah, we could see that too.” Kratos said.
I nodded, “Pittacus is gonna come back today.”
“What?!” They both exclaimed.
I muttered, “I know, stupid traitor.”
“I still can’t believe he betrayed us.” Dite said with a groan. I looked up at her. She was scarred for life from what those injector men did to her. All because Pittacus had to betray us. Yeah, thanks a lot you little…I’m sorry never mind I don’t use that language that describes you. Kratos put his arm around Aphrodite and looked up at me and slowly shook his head. He hated what Pittacus made happen to her just as much as I did if not more. I still don’t know if Kratos had forgiven Pittacus yet or not. I knew it hurt worse for him because well…here’s a twist for you. Pittacus and Kratos were brothers. Yeah, I know, huge shocker, right? Well they’ve never gotten along very well. But they’d only listen to each other when it came to huge things like for instance Pittacus revealing to the injectors about us.
Kratos tried and tried to get Pittacus back on our side. It never worked, Pittacus is one stubborn guy. Anyway, one night they got into a huge fight about it. That night Pittacus called out on Aphrodite mainly because he knew Kratos was in love with her. Kratos blamed himself ever since.
Aphrodite looked at me and gave a weak smile and helped me stand up, “Come on, we wanna hide the power tubes…I’m worried that’s what they’re gonna take and we all know that we’re gonna start craving for more powers, might as well keep them for ourselves, right?”
“Good point.” Kratos said.
We all stood up and Kratos was about to put his arm around Aphrodite’s waist when she put one arm around me squeezed me close. Kratos rolled his eyes which made me smile. He was like my older brother and I’ll always love him forever. Even Vince had always had a good connection with Kratos which was one of the best things for me considering how much I hung out with him and Aphrodite. Kratos still had an odd look in his eye. I could tell he was concerned about something. I was about to point it out when we found the room and all of our jaws dropped at how many things they still had that they could inject us with. I whimpered and slid to the floor. I wanted to destroy these things. Because if those injectors got this entire inventory to use on other people. The pain that they have to go through to get these powers seems unbearable especially in the beginning. I don’t know how long I’d been sitting on the ground letting out the tears, but I could hear Aphrodite and Kratos checking things out. Both of them knew that it was best not to mess with me during this state. They’d experienced that a couple of times and knew it was best to leave me to my own thoughts. When I looked up I glanced at my watch it was eight thirty and Kratos and Aphrodite came in about the fifth maybe sixth time I looked up at them, “Pittacus will probably check around here to make sure I left in about an hour. Be careful, I gotta head back.”
Aphrodite came and hugged me tightly. I could tell from that one hug that we were both worried that we’d never see each other again and she whispered into my ear, “Please visit soon.”
“I will.” I promised.
Kratos hugged me as well and I whispered in his ear, “Take care of her.”
“I will, you know I will.”
I looked back at them one last time before I left. I ran and was about a mile away from Will’s house. I sighed and continued walking slowly. Remembering everything that had happened the past few years brought tears to my eyes. I felt a hand grip my elbow and heard a male groan then say, “Come on, we’re going home.”
I knew it was Will and whispered, “Okay.”
Will had been driving a car and I was surprised I didn’t notice him. I went into the passenger and Will started to drive and I waited for him to freak out at me for being gone for the whole night and most of today. Yeah, I went for a long walk and just hung around town I wasn’t ready to face Will and his mom yet. So it was now seven I guess. It was sunset that’s all I knew. I snapped back into reality when I heard Will exhale slowly, “I ran into an old friend last night, Kali.”
“Really?” I said in a low voice. It was pretty low I wasn’t even sure if I had said it. Will nodded and let his grip soften on what was now my wrist. When we got in the car he brought it down on my wrist and softened it a lot. I don’t blame him for being upset I ran off. I deserved for him to want to rip my head off, but it did comfort me that he was forgiving me and giving me the reassurance of that by loosening his grip. Or was he worried I was gonna flip him again? Maybe it’s not the brightest idea to flip the guy you’re living with. Oh well I’ll know that for future reference. I realized I wasn’t really listening to Will as he said, “Her name’s Jen. She dated one of my old friends. I think you’d like her. Maybe I can get a time for you two to talk?”
“Sure.” I muttered.
I gasped as a shock went through me. I thought this had already finished last night…I guess not. Oh well, Will’s in for a shock. Will parked quickly and looked at me, “What’s wrong, Kali?”
I clenched my teeth and my eyes. Will looked at me, panicking. Soon enough I was someone else. I exhaled and opened my eyes in relieve. Oh Lord that felt good to be over with. I looked at Will and was a little worried to see what he might look like from that. He looked like he might pass out. I guess I did transform like I thought I did, didn’t I? That’s delightful. Now Will is gonna be freaked out…forever. Wow, I am a freak aren’t I?
I gave a nervous smile to Will. Who had wide eyes from just learning his new “sister” had a power. He shook his head, “Are are you like uh some I-I don’t know some kind of witch or something?”
“Oh Will, please…a witch would never be this hot. I’m a shape shifter.”
“A a what?!”
“Shape shifter. Calm down, your acting like you’ve never seen one before.”
“That’s because I haven’t!”
“Oh please, you’ve seen my kind many times.”
“No I haven’t.”
“You didn’t know you have, but you have, you’ve actually met me a couple of times Will.”
“I have.”
“Yeah.”
“Like when or who?”
“Um, Jen.”
“You’re Jen?”
“Yup.”
“So you dated Charlie?”
“Yeah, he was a great guy…I miss him...a lot.”
“Why weren’t you just yourself?”
“Come on, let’s get home and I can explain everything.”
Will nodded and we continued home. It felt like half of the huge weight that had been on my shoulders was lifted. Except there’s still a huge part left: the part that was dying to tell Will to lock me up, because I still had to kill him. This should be very interesting. We got home and Will opened up my door. I was back to myself and we went up to my room. Will looked at me after he closed my door, “Do you have any other powers?”
“You’ll find that out as you get to know me, Will.”
“Oh come on, Kali.”
“Nope.”
“Jerk.”
“Whatever you say, Will.”
He smiled and asked, “So you could be anyone?”
“Yup.”
“Like, you could be famous?”
“If it was my desire.”
“That’s awesome!”
I smiled it was fun talking to a person that this was all new to. He could tell I was thinking of something, “What’s that look for?”
“Nothing, it’s just nice to talk to someone that’s so excited about the thought of all this stuff…it’s new to me.”
“Oh, okay.”
“So; you don’t think it’s like freaky?”
“No, I think it’s amazing. I would love to have super powers.” He lied down on my bed.
“Yeah, I guess.”
“What do you mean?” He asked turning towards me.
“Sometimes it’s a pain. I mean, I never meant to switch forms in front of you. It was some…glitch. When the glitch happens it’s like your being electrocuted. Some glitches last longer than others. Mines been going in and out since last night.”
“Oh, that sounds painful. So is that what you were injecting yourself with?”
I lied down next to him, “We can talk about that another time.”
“Ah, come on, Kali.”
“No, and don’t beg, it’s not cute.”
“Whatever.”
I smirked and looked back at the window behind us. I pulled up the blinds and opened it up. Will looked back at me, “What are you doing?”
“You see all the stars out tonight?”
“Yeah.”
“When I was younger I was definitely a daddy’s girl. He’d come in every night and we’d sit on the window sill and we’d open up the window and look at all the stars. Dad would tell me stories about all the adventures he’s been on because he was special. My mom wasn’t, but when she met him he was in huge debt to these people…”
“The people that injected you with whatever it is?”
“Yeah…look it’s getting late we can talk about this another time.”
“Kali, come on…tell me what happened…you can trust me.”
“I’d rather not. Can you just go and I’ll see you in the morning?”
Will stayed there and looked at me with a concerned face I refused to meet his eyes. He leaned closer to me and made me look into his eyes; his perfect brown eyes that could burrow into my soul. I looked at him and he said, “Come on, Kali.”
“Look Will, it’s hard on me and I’m not ready to talk to somebody else about it.”
“Kali, I’m not gonna judge you.”
“I don’t care, Will, I’ve been judged all my life I could care less if you judge me because I’ve learned to deal with that!”
He looked down and back up at me and said, “Kali, look I care about you and I want to know more about this…about your life…about you.”
“What?” I scoffed, “Why?”
He sighed and leaned in closer to me. Before I knew it his soft lips were pressed against mine.

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am:
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am:
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am:
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am:
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm :
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm:
This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm:

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm:
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm :
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)