Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 4-

I got dressed and honestly, I was not excited to go. I mean it was gonna make me feel even more guilty than I already felt. I felt pretty guilty for the fact I’m about to have to kill Will. I groaned inwardly since I was now in the car with Will and his amusing, but obnoxious friend, Jack. Jack seemed to have a weird interest in me. He seemed to like me and possibly want to ask me out, but yet he never really talked to me. Since he saw Jet (Vince) he had been directing all his questions about me to Will. Yeah, he sure has classy manners. Whatever, we pulled into the church parking lot and I looked up with wide eyes. This should be some night. Will looked at me when I didn’t get out of the car and said, “Come on, Kali, your acting like you’ve never seen a church before.”
I still didn’t move. Will looked at Jack and Jack said, “I’m going inside, good luck.”
Jack ran in and I stayed in the car. I looked straight ahead I didn’t want to hear what Will had to say. He groaned and opened my door. I was still buckled in and refused to move. He looked at me, “Get out of the car.”
I didn’t respond. Will groaned and said, “Get. Out. Of. The. Car.”
I rolled my eyes, “No.”
“Kali, come on, what’s wrong?”
“I’m not going in there.”
“Why?”
“I just…don’t want to.”
“Kali, come on, I have to go in there and I have to be in charge of you too, so come on.”
“No.” I still didn’t look at him.
He exhaled and said, “Why not?”
“I don’t feel like it.”
“Please, Kali, what’s wrong with this?”
He was making me angry, he’s not gonna get me to go in, why can’t he get that in his head? I didn’t responded and he asked in a harsher tone, “What’s wrong with this?”
“It’ll make me feel guilty, okay?!” I yelled looking at him.
He asked in a low tone, “Why?”
I looked at him for a couple of minutes and just stared into his eyes. We heard the sound of music starting to play and I still didn’t respond. He sighed, “Why would you feel guilty?”
“Because of the things I’ve done, okay?” I whispered. This was the most vulnerable I’ve ever felt. The last time I felt like confessing to someone was when my parents died. I looked away from him at the thought of my parents. He asked, “What have you done?”
I clenched my eyes shut at the memory of killing his friend. The one boy I thought I could love. The one guy that I had a possibility with since…well I’ll tell you about him later, but I killed him. I killed Will’s friend. I let out a choppy breath and got out of the car. Will smiled thinking I was gonna go inside. I looked up at Will then back down at my converse sneakers and shook my head, “Sorry.”
With that I ran off. As quickly as I could. Tears streaming down my face. I heard the engine start and I started to go quicker. I just needed to get one hide out. One minute. One change. One new me.
I started to run at a quicker space. Why oh why could they not have injected me with super speed? I took a turn and shape shifted quickly. I gasped for air. I didn’t know what I looked like all I knew is that I was ready to leave. I went back and ran into Will. I looked up at him and he said, “Sorry.”
He slid past me and I exhaled and walked away nonchalantly. Will ran back towards me and I was praying he didn’t recognize me. He grabbed my arm and I looked at him and he said, “Hey Jen, is that you?”
“What?”
“Jen, remember me? Aren’t you the girl that dated Charlie?”
I looked down and saw that yeah I was Jen the girl that dated one of his best friends. He looked at me waiting for my answer, “Yeah, yeah I was.”
“Where’ve you been?”
“Um, busy.”
“Did you by any chance see a girl run in there?”
“Uh,” A sharp pain went through me and I knew that pain anywhere, “I gotta go.”
I ran off and ran into a gas station and into a bathroom and slid to the ground and pushed myself up to lock the door. I clenched my eyes shut and grabbed my phone and called Vince. He moaned as he answered, “Hello?”
“Vince?”
“What’s wrong Kali?” I could tell he was trying to hide the pain. I clenched my eyes shut, “Stop trying to hide the pain, Vince.”
“How do you know I’m—?”
“Because I am; I think they have a glitch in the system.”
He groaned, “I’m betting your right, gosh this isn’t fun. I keep changing forms.”
“As do I.”
“Great.” Vince said sarcastically.
I chuckled then gasped and Vince said, “I know it shocks through at random moments.”
“Yeah, it does and it’s not fun at all.”
“So how are things going with you and Will?”
“Not well, I just ran off.”
“What did that boy do now?”
“Nothing I just didn’t want to go to the church.”
“Kali, its part of your—”
“I know, I know, its part of my cover and I shouldn’t have run off.”
“Why did you?”
“Guilt. I remembered last time I went in there and I can’t go through that again. His best friend, Charlie…I dated him. I fell for him. I went to church and I went there the night before I killed him and it made me feel so guilty. I wanted to kill myself I felt so guilty. I can’t stand that. If I get that same guilt when I kill Will I’m most likely gonna kill myself.”
“Calm down, Kali.”
“I’m telling you the truth, Vince. I don’t know what to do.”
“Hey, I gotta go but you need to go back and live with Will. I know you don’t want to, but it’s your job.”
“Fine.” I muttered.
“I’ll see you Monday, okay?”
“Whatever.”
Vince hung up and I groaned and pushed myself off the ground. I looked in the mirror and pushed a strand of my red-ish brown hair behind my ear. Man, I was a mess. But a hot mess. I really took this time to look at myself. I was five foot six with red-ish brown hair that hit my shoulders and deep blue eyes. I looked down at my body my pant size was an eight and my bra size was a 38B. My make up was a complete mess. I looked in the mirror as another shock ran through me. I changed into someone else. I looked at the mirror. I now had jet black hair that went down below my boobs. It was straight and a strand fell in front of my hazel eyes. I shook my head and slowly went back to the injector’s hide out. I walked in slowly. Again I heard my footsteps echoing, but it didn’t seem to be as weird this time. It actually seemed kind of natural. Like no one was gonna come and get me. I sighed and went into my old room and lied down on the cot. I actually missed being in that old room. I sighed and went to find a pill and popped it in my mouth. I gulped it down and started to walk around and went back into being myself. I sighed and decided maybe I should learn more about Will. I walked around and made it into one room where there were a ton of computers. I walked to one and looked for the injector’s creepy site and I wrote in William Pike. It found Will I smiled as I clicked on his picture. It gave me every single little detail I could’ve hoped for about him. I gasped as someone put their hand over my mouth. I looked up and was relieved to find it was someone I knew. He smiled down at me and let go of my mouth, “Hi Pittacus.”
“Hey Kali.”
I turned around and hugged him. He was the only injector man I actually trusted. I moved away from him and looked at him he smiled at me and I exhaled taking in his appearance. He had dirty blonde hair that was a little long, but not much he had hazel eyes and straight teeth. He seemed to be trying to grow out a beard as I noticed the stubble on his chin or maybe he just forgot to shave. Oh I don’t care I’m just happy that Pittacus is back…well sort of I think I’m happier that it wasn’t somebody else trying to hurt me. Pittacus smiled at me and looked up at the computer screen, “William Pike. Who’s this, Kali? A little boy you got a crush on?”
“Oh please, Pittacus he’s my target.”
“Kali, be sure not to fall for this William guy, okay? I don’t want you to wind up hurt…again.”
“I know I know, Pittacus, I know and I won’t. Will’s different than Charlie was and I just don’t think I’ll be able to fall for him.”
“Whatever you say. I know you were living in the same house as him. You need to go back.”
I whispered to where my voice was barely audible, “And if I don’t want to?”
He licked his lips and muttered, “Even you know the consequence to that.”
I nodded, “Why did you do it, Pittacus?”
He looked up at me, “I didn’t mean to betray you, Kali.”
I stood up and yelled, “But you did! I know you want me to forgive you, but…I find that impossible at this moment.”
“You’re lucky I didn’t tell them about you specifically, Kali!”
“I would’ve preferred that then seeing my best friend come back with scars and bruises on her face where I can hardly recognize her!”
“Not my fault you guys wanted to leave!”
“You’re forgetting one thing Pittacus!” I screamed then shook my head and responded through clenched teeth, “You also wanted to leave.”
Pittacus shrugged, “A real man can change his mind.”
“No. Pittacus, you will never be a real man. Because a real man would not have called out some of his closest friends and betray them. Did you see how Aphrodite returned?! How about Mahail, Xander, and Thoren did you see how they looked?!” I exhaled, “I’m disappointed in you, Pittacus…you could’ve been a better man.”
Pittacus grew silent and just shook his head, “You know I could have you killed for using that tone with me. Just go back to Will, alright?”
I exhaled, “I’ll return in the morning, alright?”
“Alright, Kali, I’ll be back in the morning to make sure you did, ‘kay?”
“Fine, but just so you know by morning I mean like nine.”
“Alright, I’ll see you sometime Kali.”
“Sometime? By that you must mean never. I don’t wanna see you again. Are you actually gonna come to me again?”
“All in good timing.”
With that Pittacus walked away. I sighed and fell back into the chair. That’s what we used to say. And by we I mean Pittacus, Cedric, Mahail, Xander, Kratos, Thoren, Armand, Aphrodite, and Bob and me. All of those are boys except for Aphrodite and me. I never wanted Vince to know or be in on it. It was to stop these guys. Pittacus was one of the lucky ones. He got pushed up to the top. Where he was in on this stuff. But after that he deserted most of us. One by one we acted like some of us were dropping out. We had a feeling that Pittacus would betray us. So, Cedric, Kratos, Armand, Bob, and I acted like we were out. Aphrodite, Mahail, Xander, and Thoren were really in with Pittacus and we all secretly had the best plan when Pittacus got hired. He turned on Aphrodite, Mahail, Xander, and Thoren and they were severely beaten. Aphrodite was one of my best friends. When she came back you could hardly recognize her. Same for the boys. She came back and wouldn’t tell me a thing. Turns out she turned to Kratos and she and him ended up being a thing. Not surprising I always expected that she’d get together with Kratos or Mahail. Anyway with her turning to one of the boys I ended up turning to Thoren. Thoren and I got along great. The sad part about all of this is that I always had to hide it from Vince. I yawned and sluggishly walked back to my old room, collapsed on the cot, and slowly drifted off into a deep sleep: where I dreamed that my parents never died. That Vince and I were normal. Neither of us had been born with powers and neither of us got injected and that my best friend Aphrodite never had been hurt. That poor innocent girl, she would never hurt a fly. That’s why they never made her a killer like me. She was scarred and I wish more than anything that could be changed.

This book has 15 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16 at 11:54 am
I definitely, agree with the others. Haha, write more please! It's the best romance story, I've ever read! Your story has a balance to it, that I love! Do write more, please! It sounds like there's more, which I hope there is!

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)