Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 3-

I was ten feet away from the building and I closed my eyes and strained to hear the scream that you would ever so often hear at this time of day. Nothing. I shook my head; it’s weird to think of this place as empty. I sighed and walked in and yelled out, “Hello?”
My echo was the only thing that sounded. I walked and heard every step bounce off the walls. This was so weird to not hear screams, I shrugged, I was one of the lucky few that weren’t constantly getting powers they would over a hundred people residing here and everyday people were getting more and more powers. Meanwhile Thoren, Vincent, Aphrodite, and I were the only four that were never harmed that bad. I walked into my old room and looked around; I had an eerie feeling that somebody was following me. I was about to turn around when something clamped my mouth shut. I realized it was a hand almost immediately and bit down as hard as I could on it. Whoever it was they grunted and lifted me up and set me down in a chair as I struggled against that person. It still had it’s hand on my mouth and turned me around to face it and said, “Shhhh, shhhh, Kali, calm down, please.”
I looked up into his pleading eyes and said, “Vincent?”
He grinned, “It’s nice to know you remember me.”
“How could I forget you? After everything we’ve gone through…I could never forget you even if I wanted to.” I whispered as my frown slowly turned into a smile.
He whispered back, “I’ve missed you, Kali.”
“I still can’t believe they had sent you away from me.”
“I know, I know, but we’re together now.”
“You saying that makes it sound like we’re dating.”
Vince cringed at the thought then chuckled, “You’re right…I said that the wrong way.”
I smiled, “It’s been two years.”
Vince smiled and hugged me, “Wow, you’re actually you for once.”
“Yeah, I liked it at first, but I’m stuck like this for awhile.”
“Why?”
“We got caught, Vince.”
He smiled weakly, I was the only person he’d let call him Vince. He was still concerned so I continued, “I’m living with a family…they’re son is my target though.”
He groaned and I smiled weakly as he asked, “Who are you living with?”
“A boy named William—he’s my target, he had a sister named Ally, but she died of cancer, and then there’s his mom and then I haven’t met his dad yet, so I don’t know if something happened to him or not.”
Vince sighed and said, “I don’t want you getting hurt, Kali.”
“I won’t get hurt, Vince…do I still have to kill Will?”
Another male voice rang out, “Yes.”
Vince and I both looked the other way and I nodded and spoke his name in disgust, “Hey Liam.”
He quickly walked towards me and slapped me. I groaned and clenched my eyes shut; it took all of my willpower to not hit him back twenty times harder. I saw Vince clench his fist; getting ready to strike. I stood up and grabbed his arm so he didn’t. Vince looked at Liam with his jaw clenched and spoke harshly, “If you hit her again, I will hurt you.”
“She knows not to call me by my first name or to speak to me in that tone.”
I gulped and looked up at Liam, “Okay, whatever, do I still have to kill him?”
“Yes, they didn’t throw down the whole operation down only this building, we will be contacting you, Kali; come on, Vincent.”
“If you think I’m leaving her you’re insane.”
“Oh, is there a little love connection going on here?”
Vince and I both looked at each other disgusted by the thought. Vince looked down and muttered, “Yeah, something like that I guess.”
“Fine, you may stay with her, but shape shift, Vince.”
He nodded, “Can do.”
Liam left and I looked down at my watch I had been here for one hour, it felt longer. Vince looked at me and asked, “What are you doing here?”
“I need more pills.”
“Come on let’s go find them.”
I nodded and stood up; immediately Vince put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer and kissed the top of my head, “Are you sure your alright?”
“From what?”
“When he hit you.” Vince responded back in anger.
I glanced at Vince. It had been two years since we had last seen each other and I was shocked at the difference in him. He used to be shorter than me. We were both thirteen, but I was handling the changes in our life better than him. I started to look at Vince’s features. He had the same red-ish brown hair as me and dark blue eyes. He was definitely taller than me I’d say he was about six foot maybe six foot one while I was five foot six. He repeated, “Did it hurt when he hit you?”
“I’ve taken harder blows, Vince.”
He looked down and shook his head. I sighed, “What?”
“I don’t want anyone hurting you, Kali.”
“Sadly, it’s a part of the job.”
“But we never chose to have this, Kali, that’s what kills me!” Vince ran into one of the cells and threw some contents on the ground as he screamed out in frustration. For as long as I could remember this is what he’d do when he was troubled and confused. I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me and his teeth were clenched and he shook his head, “I’m sorry, Kali.”
“It’s no big deal, Vince.”
He shook his head, “I should be protecting you, Kali.”
“Why? Give me a good reason why.”
“I’m the man in this family, I shouldn’t let people hit you.”
“Vince.”
He looked at me and I ran my hand through his hair, “I can take care of myself, I’m worried about you. Come on, I’ve had no communication with you in two years, please talk to me.”
“I feel like this is my fault, Kali.”
“Vince, look I’m gonna take care of you. I’m pretty sure I can pull some strings. But no one can find out we’re twins, okay?”
Vince nodded in agreement.
After another hour Vince and I ran back to the house I now lived in and we were playing tag the whole way there. I was a bit ahead of him and ran to the front door and banged on it not wanting to get caught. Vince had almost caught up with me when Jack answered the door and said, “Will, you’re weird new sister is back!”
I ran past Jack ignoring his comment as Vince ran in and grabbed me around the waist and spun me around and smiled, “Your it.”
I laughed, “Let me go.”
“Fine, fine, can you get me a drink?”
“Sure.”
I looked at him when I was getting him some water. He had shape shifted and had jet black hair that swooped in front of his eyes and kept his blue eyes. I have to say this is definitely one of the best looks for him. I have to say if he wasn’t my brother I’d be into him. Ick, did I just think that? Ugh, that’s disgusting and perverted. I shivered in disgust at the thought and handed Vince his water. He rolled his eyes at me and Will asked, “Who are you?”
“I’m uh—”
I cut him off, “He’s Jet.”
Will looked at me and grabbed my arm and pulled me into the other room, “Where did you meet him?”
I looked down at his hand that was pressed down hard against my skin. I said harshly, “Let go of me.”
“Not until you tell me who he is.” He answered in a harsh tone. Fine, it was his choice to get hurt. I got the upper hand and flipped him on his back and kneeled down next to him, “Do not ever do that to me again, got it?”
He nodded and I smirked, “Good.”
“Who is he?”
“A friend. That’s what you wanted for me, right? Well now I got one.”
I pushed up and walked away. I walked back and smiled at Vince. He looked down at my arm and looked at Will as he walked in and chuckled. He knew that I had hurt Will. He noticed Will was trying to do some subtle stretches. Vince muttered to me, “What did you do?”
I smirked. We had our own little code names for what we did to people so I responded in a nonchalant tone, “The flying butterfly.”
Vince chuckled, “I remember when you first did that one to me.”
I grinned back mischievously remembering when I did. We had just gotten into that prison and Vince and I were scared to death. We had been separated and we only saw each other during classes and lunch. We normally sat together. The death of our parents was hard on us and then when we got handed over to these people it hurt him even worse. Vince would break down and I had to stay strong for us…for him. He didn’t know I broke down at night. I couldn’t handle it he didn’t know I went to a counselor. The counselor helped a lot, but I don’t know if it was a real counselor I mean she knew the stuff that was going on and I knew what was going on wasn’t right. Whatever, she helped me get through it. Anyway after one of my sessions with her I had gone into class when we were learning what Vince and I liked to call “the flying butterfly”. Vince and I watched in awe as they did this. For some reason we were both fascinated with this type of stuff. We always had been fascinated with it since we were really little. I was put in a mixed martial arts class when I was eight. Anyway we had learned it and I was the first girl to achieve it perfectly. I had had this one boy who was begging me to go out with him. You know wanna know what my answer was every time? No, nope, no way, and HECK NO!
Anyway, one day this guy had already followed me to every single class and I was getting kinda freaked out. So, Vince just happened to sneak up on me that day. Well…he didn’t really sneak up. He ran up yelling my name and I thought it was the creep so the minute he touched my shoulder I did “the flying butterfly”. I ended up taking him to the infirmary. I was just the picture perfect sister wasn’t I? Not to him.
Vince squeezed my elbow and I looked up at him, “I’m heading out, I’ll see you at school?”
I nodded and he winked at me, “Everything’s fine.”
“Whatever you say.”
He whispered lower so that Jack and Will wouldn’t hear, “You don’t have to do it.”
“Just go, Vi- uh Jet. I do, it’s my job…I’ll see you at school.”
He nodded and left. With that I ran upstairs and heard Will say, “Jack, something’s up with her.”
“What do you mean?”
“She flipped me. I mean…how can a hundred pound girl flip me?”
I chuckled as I went into my room. Hundred pounds? Please if I was I’d be anorexic. I was about one fifty five…maybe one fifty and still trying to lose weight. I mean I didn’t need to, Vince has pointed that out to me way to many time, but losing like ten pounds isn’t gonna kill me. I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom to look in the mirror. I was about to look at my features and try to figure out what form I would take when I decided it was time to kill Will when someone knocked on my door. I rolled my eyes, “What?”
Will slid into the room I looked at him and rolled my eyes. He chuckled, “Get ready, Kali.”
“For?”
“Church.”
“What?”
“Church, you’re coming, you’ve got no choice.”
Yippee. Just what I need, to listen to a sermon that will make me feel guilty. It’s only going to be a couple of days before I kill somebody…again and I already feel guilty enough.

This book has 15 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16 at 11:54 am
I definitely, agree with the others. Haha, write more please! It's the best romance story, I've ever read! Your story has a balance to it, that I love! Do write more, please! It sounds like there's more, which I hope there is!

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)