Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 2-

I had been here for two weeks. I’m about to go insane. I wasn’t meant to be normal. I never was and I never will be normal. Just because I love seeing my real self in a mirror doesn’t mean I’m meant to stay in this body forever. I miss my old looks so badly and I couldn’t change into them because I now lived with people that didn’t know about my kind. Why did it have to be me? Why did my parents have to die? Why am I now responsible for this? I’m sick and tired of taking all the blame. I knew that those injector people blamed me. They blame me for screaming so loud and getting caught. It’s all my BLEEP fault. Yes, I know it’s kind of weird considering I’m a killer and all, but I don’t cuss. Instead I say bleep. I sighed as I fell back against my bed. This is my main source of happiness here. This bed was so comfy compared to those little bitty cots. I moaned and closed my eyes as the door squeaked open. I knew it was Will and said, “Ever heard of knocking?”
He chuckled, “Get used to it.”
“I find that rude.”
“I don’t care what you find rude.”
“Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.”
“Shut up.”
“Make me.”
“Don’t tempt me.”
I giggled and sat up, “What do you want, Will?”
“Come on, mom’s making me bring you with me to grab something to eat.”
“Woohoo, thanks mom!” I yelled with half sarcasm half seriousness.
Will rolled his eyes, “You’re different, Kali.”
“Heard it before if it’s supposed to be an insult I don’t think of it as one.” I got out of bed and added, “I’ll be out in five minutes.”
“Hurry.”
“I am I am.”
Once I heard the door shut I jumped up and locked it. I needed to shape shift and I felt like I was gonna burst without my medication that I made sure to hide from everybody. Sometimes that was hard with Will. He seemed so…protective. I understand that I’m still a stranger in his home and I came from a weird place, but still…something’s a girl needs to keep to herself. Like for instance this medication. They can’t find out about it. I mean I want to be honest with them, but if they took this away from me…I’m good as dead. I sighed and popped the pill in my mouth and started to get changed. I decided on a black skirt with my red sneakers and a black top with my leather jacket. I ran down as I was running my fingers through my hair. Will looked at me and chuckled. I looked at him, “What?”
“Why?”
“Why what?”
“You’re outfit?”
“What can I say I like black.”
He chuckled as we ran out. We got to a doughnut shop and sat down with our cheap coffee and started to eat. Will started talking with his mouth full, “So, tell me about life before the…place?”
I looked away and shrugged, “Fine I guess, I was like any other kid.”
“Don’t like talking about it?”
“My parents died two years before I got taken. I was living with they’re most trusted friends…Will, I didn’t have a choice.”
“What do you mean?”
“They gave me to these guys, I was never kidnapped. They gave me up and I’ve been paying their debt and my parent’s debt ever since. I’m not gonna be normal for long Will, I can guarantee that.”
“You think they’ll take you?”
“I don’t think, Will, I know.”
“I’m not gonna let that happen.”
I muttered, “Then they’ll kill you.”
“What?”
“Nothing, never mind, can we move on?”
“Sure.”
Will glanced up and a smile spread across his face as he stood up and patted a guy’s back and said, “Hey man, what’s up?”
“Not much, buddy.” He looked at me, “Who’s this little cutie?”
I hated with a burning passion when people called me a little cutie. I’m not kidding that enraged me and right then I wanted to punch his face out, but I remained quiet like the “good” little girl I am and muttered, “I’m Kali.”
“Jack, so tell me Kali how did a little hottie like you get mixed up with a little dope like him.”Jack said nodding towards Will.
I rolled my eyes I’ve heard this one too many times in my life. So I looked at Will and grabbed the keys off the table and said, “Come to the car when you’re done.”
Will nodded and looked at Jack as I walked away and said, “Man, I can’t wait until I move out!”
“Why? That chick’s hot!”
“Yeah, but she’s messed up. I wonder how she’ll act when we bring her to church. I mean she doesn’t know what a lot of things are and she seems to do whatever she wanted to when she wants to.”
“That’s probably what she’s used to.”
“I guess, it’s just…it’s gonna be weird around here.”
“Not denying that.”
I had heard them and decided to continue walking into the car and ignore them. I had been to the church before. I could act normal…couldn’t I? Of course I can! I mean that’s my job blending in or standing out. Whatever the injectors told me to do. I sighed as Will got into the car and said, “Sorry about Jack, we’ve been friends forever and he used to call my sister a hottie too…he does it to get on my nerves…he’d even do it to my girlfriend’s I mean it’s just…him.”
“No worries, can we just get home?”
“Uh, sure.”
Will drove us home and I went into my room and locked the door. I started looking through the drawers for some sweat pants and a t-shirt. I heard a knock on the door and unlocked it and continued to look for the clothes. It was Will, wow big shocker, huh? I glanced at him and saw that Jack was with him, great! I looked at them and I asked, “What do you want?”
Jack chuckled, “You’re a little snappy, aren’t you?”
“What are you doing here?”
“Does it really matter? Come on, and hang out with us.”
I looked at them and Will shrugged in agreement. I rolled my eyes, “I’ll pass.”
Will chuckled, “Sorry Jack, I told you she’s stubborn.”
I looked back at him, “So now you’re talking about me, huh?”
“Maybe a little.”
“Whatever, I’m gonna change and go out for a walk.”
“Alright be home by five no sooner no later.”
Will and Jack left the room and I started to change. It just turned twelve. I probably wouldn’t be out that long, but I knew Will wanted me to make friends before I started school. What can I say if I have no friends in high school? If I wanted to I could be the most popular kid and if I wanted to then I could be a nobody. I could be anyone I wanted to be. Or I could shift what I am each day. Huh, that could be interesting. I might do just that. Actually that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. I decided to just change into my cookie monster t-shirt with my jeans and ran down stairs and grabbed my sunglasses and crocs and ran out. I knew Will was most likely watching me so I waited a little bit before I took a turn and ran back to where I used to be. I needed more pills. I was on my last one. Oh how I hope I won’t get caught!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16 at 11:54 am:
I definitely, agree with the others. Haha, write more please! It's the best romance story, I've ever read! Your story has a balance to it, that I love! Do write more, please! It sounds like there's more, which I hope there is!

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am:
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am:
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am:
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am:
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm :
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm:
This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm:

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm:
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm :
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)