Invisible Killer

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11

Chapter 11:

Chapter 11-
I had held onto the sink and tapped it impatiently waiting for my results. I was fourteen. How could I let something like this happen? I sighed as the result appeared. Oh crap. I walked outside where my boyfriend was supposed to meet me in five minutes. I sighed and pushed the result into my pocket as his car pulled up. I forced a smile hoping he wouldn’t see how nervous I am. Sadly, he saw right through me. He walked out to see me and didn’t open the passenger door right away like he normally does. He crossed his arms and leaned against his car and asked, “What’s wrong?”
I shifted uncomfortably, “What do you mean?”
“What’s wrong? I can tell by your demeanor that something is bothering you.”
“Luke, I just learned something.”
“What might that be?”
“You remember that night we had you know; three months ago.”
He smirked and I could tell by the way his eyes roamed over my body that he knows exactly what I’m talking about. He asked, “What? Did you just come to your senses that you want to do that again?”
“Um, no actually.”
“Then what did you learn?”
I sighed and licked my lips nervously and responded slowly, “Luke…I’m going to have a baby…you’re the father.”
“No I’m not.”
“Yeah, yeah you are; you’re the only person I’ve ever been—”
“Kali, you are lying that is not my child you must’ve have slept around with another guy before!”
“Luke, I’m fourteen! Come on, I’m scared and Luke, you’re the dad please help me raise this child…our child.”
Luke smirked like he was proud that I was pregnant. I shook my head as he shifted into one form, then another, and another then back to himself. He sighed, “Kali, you have no clue who I really am. You will never find me and I will never participate in taking care of that,” He sneered, “Thing.”
He started to walk away then looked back at me, “By the way Kali, take this as a message; don’t ever cross us.”
I looked up at him eyes wide. He did this on purpose.
By the time I finished having my flashback we were here. I took a deep breath as I paid the taxi driver and walked up the side walk. I knocked on the door and looked nervous as it opened up. Naddie looked at me and then looked around and said, “Sorry, I’m nervous, I’ve never crossed them before.”
I nodded; I understood why she was scared. She let me inside and I walked in slowly and looked around as she yelled, “Penny, come on out! I have someone for you to meet!”
Penny ran in and that one moment I saw her again…my life changed.
I looked down at Penny and couldn’t help, but smile. She looked at me as a puzzled expression crossed over her face. I smiled and said, “Hi Penelope…I mean Penny; I’m Kali and um…”
She wrapped her arms around me and said, “Mama.”
I looked at Naddie and she smiled and said, “What? Do you really think I could be so cruel that I wouldn’t tell her about you?”
I laughed and hugged Penny tighter. After an hour of being here Naddie started to loosen up. Soon Penny was playing around. I looked around and said to Naddie, “I now agree with Vince.”
Naddie had a spark that came into her eyes when I mentioned his name. I knew in that moment that she knew exactly who I was talking about. Yet, she still asked, “Who’s he?”
I acted like I couldn’t tell that she knew who he was so I responded, “My twin brother.”
She nodded and asked, “What do you agree with him on?”
“Let’s start a rebellion.”
Her eyes widened and she shook her head and said, “Kali, are you insane?”
“Nope, I’m completely sane.”
“Kali, that’s extremely dangerous. You could be killed if they learned!”
“Shhhh, Naddie, we don’t want the whole neighborhood to know now, do we?”
Naddie sighed and muttered, “Continue your thought.”
“Look, I’m the leader type. I’m sure you’ve noticed that, and I think that I’ll be able to find a good group…Naddie I want you…No I need you to be a part of this group.”
Naddie looked towards Penny who was now watching “Sesame Street” and dancing as they sang “Elmo’s World”. I saw a face of worry and confusion cloud her. I asked, “What is it?”
“Kali, if we do this and if we both die…Penny will have no one.”
I bit my lower lip out of habit. I always did this when I was nervous. Naddie had a point. If this didn’t work out and we died Penny would be left alone. I nodded and looked up at her as she said, “I’m in on the idea, and I will help in any way I can, but I’m not going to chance Penny being left alone.”
I nodded, I understood completely. I realized that Naddie really took the role of a mother seriously. I looked around and said, “I guess I need to go. Penelope!”
Penny looked back at me and a smile ran across her face. I opened my arms up and she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her and hugged me. I whispered in her ear, “Penelope, I’m going to come back and get you someday. I’ll be back soon, okay? I promise.”
I couldn’t believe that I forgot to say the one thing that she whispered in my ear right now, “I love you.”
I closed my eyes and held her closer and said, “I love you too.”
I looked at Naddie and said, “I’ll see you later.”
She looked over at me, “Let me know the plan.”
I nodded, “I know.”
With that I left and I left feeling extremely confident. I knew that we were going to do this. I knew that we would not fail. I knew that on my watch nobody would get hurt. I decided not to get a cab and just run home. It was only about ten miles. I’ve walked more than that before. Soon, I got home and shifted into Vince that way Will wouldn’t freak out if he answered the door. Thankfully it was my brother who answered and we both shifted into our normal selves and I walked over to Will; who was watching TV and I sat next to him and said, “I need to talk to our guest so I’m going to go upstairs. Let me know if the police come, okay?”
Will nodded and went back to his program.
Vince and I walked upstairs and I sat on my bed and looked at Vince and said, “I’ve thought about it and…I agree with you.”
Vince looked at me and seemed surprised that I agreed without any persuasion. He looked at me oddly and said, “You sure?”
“Vince, the hard part is going to be telling Will the truth. I honestly think recruiting people will be easy. Because my friends trust my judgment and it’ll be easy wrapping up your girl to do it.”
Vince smiled whenever I said ‘your girl’ I looked over at him and said, “Tell me about her.”
“What?”
“About this girl? I didn’t even know you were dating anyone Vince. How’d you meet her? What is she like? What does she look like?”
Vince bit his lower lip nervously. I smirked we always tended to have the same habits. He sighed, “First thing you need to know that I know you won’t like is that…she’s a teleporter.”
“NO! You cannot fall for one of our kind, Vince! Fall for someone with no powers!”
“Calm down, Kali, please let me talk to you!”
I looked at him and groaned, “Fine, explain.”
“She crossed them. She’s one of us and they didn’t punish her yet. She was supposed to be my next target. The truth was she was already my best friend…I couldn’t kill her, Kali. I was going through the same emotions you’re going through about Will. Anyway, um we made a deal. In the injectors minds both me and her had crossed them. We made a deal with them.”
“You made a deal with the devil, Vince. You must’ve sold your life to them.”
“Calm down, Kali. Our deal was they could not physically or mentally harm me and her and if they did that then we would do every single job they gave us. All of us have kept our side of the deal. But this girl and I never made a deal to never cross them. Which is why I gave you the idea of starting a rebellion.”
“What’s the girls’ name?”
He smiled, “Naddie.”
“I think I know her. I’ve already mentioned the idea to her. She’s open to it.”
Vince nodded and said, “Are you going to tell Will the truth?”
“Not until after he’s done talking with all the police.”
He nodded and said, “I guess I better get going.”
I nodded and said, “I’ll talk with my old friends.”
“Thanks, see you later.”
“Bye Vince.”
After Vince left I walked downstairs and sat next to Will and the silence was awkward. He looked over at me and stated, “Your friend was a shape shifter like you.”
I looked over at him surprised he said that and nodded, “How did you know?”
“I found out when you talked about the police coming. They already came.”
I groaned and he looked at me, “What is it you want to tell me? Kali I can tell you’re hiding something; I just don’t know what.”
“You’re going to hate me.”
“That’s impossible.”
“No, it’s possible.”
“What is it, Kali?”
“You know when you asked me what those guys did to me. And what do they do? If they were the ones trying to kill you?”
“Yeah?”
“Okay, um they recruit people sort of. Most times the people are kidnapped or in debt. My parents were the ones in debt to them. They prefer to have people in their group that were originally born with powers…like me.”
“You were born with powers?”
“Only shape shifting same as my twin brother. Um, my mom told me when I was younger it skipped her with having powers and she expected it to stop in our family line, but it didn’t so my dad was kind of burdened with that. Anyway, there are very few people who were born with powers and I honestly feel honored to be one out of like fifty with powers. You might think that sounds like a lot, but when you think about there’s only fifty originally born with powers left in the whole world it’s very little. Um, sorry I’m so nervous about this.”
“It’s fine, Kali.”
“I think all fifty have this type of life and in all honesty; it sucks. To pay off our debt if that’s the reason your there which that is the reason I am there is that you do whatever they ask. I know that doesn’t sound bad, but for shape shifter which there’s only a handful of us that came naturally but sometimes they use the ones they inject. Those just aren’t as good as sneaking around or changing forms. Anyway I’m getting off topic. For shape shifters they um, we’re uh…assigned to kill people.”
“You were the girl, weren’t you?”
“I’m sorry, Will.”
“Don’t be.”
I looked up at him alarmed and he smirked and explained, “I understand that you have a brother that I’m betting you’re worried about leaving him alone in this world, right?”
“Yeah, um I don’t let him help pay for the debt because after my first kill it was a humongous burden and I don’t want him to have to go through that. Too bad for me he has killed a few times. But, um when our parents died I was like his rock. I’m scared if something happens to me something horrible will happen to him. I’ve been willing to do just about anything to keep myself and him safe. Including trying to murder the one person I’m falling in love with.”
“You’re falling in love with me?”
“Yeah, I think I am.”
“So, what are you going to do?”
“Will, I think…I think we’re going to start a rebellion.”
“A rebellion?”
“Yeah, it was my brothers’ idea. He says I’m the leader type so people might agree and help.”
“Who do you have in mind?”
“Vince is helping, his girlfriend, and I’m going to try to pull together some of my old friends…would you join us?”
“I don’t have powers, Kali.”
“That isn’t really a necessity, but I understand if you say no.”
“I’m going to help.”
“Thanks, and um I’m sorry.”
“It’s fine, Kali.”
“Will, it’s not fine. How can you forgive me so quickly?”
“You were in a hard decision choosing between me and your family…Kali if I had to choose between killing you and killing myself it would be hard but I’d pick killing you and that’s not because I’m scared of death it’s because I’m scared what my mom will do if I die as well.”
I remained quiet and Will looked over at me and said, “Kali, if you must go ahead and kill me. Just know that you killing me is going to lead my mother to death because it’s quite obvious that as soon as I’m dead you won’t be around. She’ll have no one to take care of anymore and she’ll go insane and eventually commit suicide. She almost did that when Ally died. She almost did that when she and my dad got a divorce. If she has no one to take care of she gives up. I honestly don’t want her to murder herself so Kali, it’s your choice.”
“I just told you that I’m starting a rebellion. I’m not going to kill you, Will.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16 at 11:54 am:
I definitely, agree with the others. Haha, write more please! It's the best romance story, I've ever read! Your story has a balance to it, that I love! Do write more, please! It sounds like there's more, which I hope there is!

nemish23 said...
write more, write more... please write more!!! this is a really good story and i can't wait to read more!!!

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:10 am:
The first chapter went by really fast, but it was good. The other thing is that is weird, is whyy would Will's mom just pick a girl from a weird factory to adopt?? She doesn't even know Kali...but good just the same...

Elizabeth B. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:48 am:
WRITE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G. said...
OHMYGOSH! Write more!(:

LilLover5-15 said...
plz make more!!!!!

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:03 am:
Wow, you should write more. I love everything (except the fact that the first chapter goes super fast). Still, this story is really original :)

Rosaa said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:46 am:
Ohmygosh I love this! It's so original. :) You got me hooked!

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
How did you get the idea? I mean, how did you get started? Did it just pop into your head from out of the blue or what? Because it rally catches the reader.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm :
I had been wanting to write a story about a shape shifter for a while. It seemed like it fit to make her a killer that no one can find. Everything else just slowly popped into place.

Mythgeek1 said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm:
This is very good so far, you should write more. The plot is cool and, even though there are a few typos, it is still awesome. You should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm:

I really like this so far! The concept is really interesting and it's both weird and cool that she just happens to be living with the boy she was supposed to murder...

There were a few typos and I feel like sometimes, things either go by too fast, or they don't have enough description and it leaves them kind of...bland. Boring.

But most of it is very good! I look forward to reading the rest of it (:

Kenzie22 said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm:
I wanna read your book! It seems amazing! It makes me very curious about it. Where can I readit? :)

brookyboo replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm :
Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I've posted everything I've had on it so far so whenever I have more I will update ;)